Working well after two treatments

I've had one R20 treatment on my lower back tattoo...

I've had one R20 treatment on my lower back tattoo and one Picosure treatment. After the R20 treatment, I was sore and itchy for a few weeks, though I did not blister. I noticed significant fading of my all-black tattoo within a week. After one Picosure treatment, I've noticed absolutely no fading whatsoever. It's as if I never had the treatment. It hurt much less than R20, took less time, and was completely healed with no blistering within 3 days. The technician told me to be patient, but it's been nearly three weeks -- almost time for my next treatment. I can't help but feel that less pain and less time to heal means it didn't do anything to the ink. So far, it does not seem to be working at all. I'll consult with the technician next time about what to do, but am inclined to return to the R20, which seems much more reliable for me.

The jury is out after second treatment

My first Picosure treatment did absolutely nothing -- I had no fading, soreness, or color change whatsoever. I had my second treatment yesterday and the technician finally turned up the setting on the machine. I knew the setting was too low after the first treatment, and am glad she agreed. As a result, the tattoo and my skin look much different than after my first treatment. The tattoo is completely red where all of the black ink was. It's also sore and a little itchy, but very bearable. I have no bandage on it and it didn't bother me while sleeping. I'm hoping that this much more obvious reaction will translate to ink fading! I know that for the first treatment, the technician was trying to prevent scarring and wasn't sure how my body/ink would react, but I really feel that the setting was much too low. The second treatment didn't hurt more, but did take a little longer. I'll update in a few weeks, and hopefully I'll have some fading to report!

After eleven days, still no fading

My skin has been healed (no blistering, just soreness) for nearly a week and I'm seeing no fading of my tattoo at all. I understand that fading is usually noticeable by a week to two weeks after Picosure treatment. I'll give it some more time, but I did expect to see a better result at this stage of the process.

Finally, some fading

It took nearly three weeks, but I finally started to notice fading after my second Picosure treatment. It's been pretty significant, but I think the setting on the machine could still be a little higher. The first treatment was a complete wash -- I can't imagine a setting that low would work for anybody. I'll try to find out the setting that was used for my second treatment and update when I find out.

Third treatment

I had my third treatment yesterday and got the same red reaction that, to me, says the setting was high enough. According to the technician, the first setting was at 3.0, the second at 2.8 (the lower the number the greater the strength of the laser). She also said that 3.0, while low, works well on a lot of people, so it may just be hit or miss for the first treatment. Yesterday's treatment was even stronger, so I'm hoping I'll need only one more in a month or so. Looking forward to tattoo-free skin!
Tataway