Laser Tattoo...black and Grey... Lower Back - Boston, MA

The tattoo is on my lower back. Its a cover up of...

The tattoo is on my lower back. Its a cover up of an small old back tattoo that I got about 10-12 years ago. My new tattoo was done march 27. Its all black thinly outlined stars with grey shading. I am worried because the tattoo place I went to uses mostly polymer based inks and I heard those were harder to remove. Is it possible to remove these types of inks with laser or am I just wasting my time and money. Also the dermatologist I am going to see has a picosure laser. Anyone have experience with it? Does it really lessen the amount of treatments?

skin still pink... picosure

I go for my 3rd treatment july 11th. Where the shading WAS (removed from the first treatment) is still pink. I'm getting kind of worried because I read that it may scar. I called the dr. Office n they said it was normal and will go away in time. Its been 8 weeks and still pink. Not raised , just pink. I would go just to have them look at it but its 1.5 hr drive. My skin is very sensitive and turns pink by me just touching it so I'm hoping I just have prolong healing. I finally added a photo. The stars were all filled in with black shading they covered a name which u can see now. Its hard to see but a lot of the outlines are gone in some spots.
skincare physicians

Hey there, just checking in to see how you are making out with your removal.
Yes the skin is still slightly pink and gets lighter when pressure is applied. I guess this is some sort of vascular reaction that the Dr. Says will go away in time. The pinkness is wherewhereby shading was which amazingly all went away after my first treatment.
When the pink subsides, will a normal skin time be there, or will it be the lighter/paler tone?
Has the pink subsided? If so, is the skin your normal skin color or white? Also, if you apply pressure to the pink parts, would they change color to pale? I'm going through the same thing right now after my pico treatment
I can afford it as if right now. I absolutely hated it so 100% clearence or even faded to get something better is definitely worth it in my book. I guess it all depends on how much u dislike your tattoo...
I here that.I hate mine.I've had two treatments with the q switch but being summer ist right onc my forearm so ill be waiting til I can wear long sleeves.how much are they charging if you dnt mind me asking?
Would you say that it is worth it?I know it will be expensive?
Yea it has a little. Its going to take awhile I guess and a lot of the black ink has broken up. There's spots where it is totally gone and I've only had two treatments.
Has the pinkness subsided yet?I'm going to start picosure removal after summer.has anymore of the black ink.broken up yet?thankyou for the info
They only had to go over the shading with one treatment and it was all gone. My second treatment, the skin where the shading was wasn't treated
Apparently with the pico you only have to wait 4 weeks. I'm waiting 6 this time due to finances and letting my skin calm down.
Did you do your first treatment at the beginning of May? I'm just curious because it seems then like you've spaced the treatments about a month apart? The first doc I saw for consultation said he recommended waiting at least 2-3 months, and more if possible, to get the most out of each treatment and to reduce the chances for permanent scarring. The doc I actually did the treatment with (because he had the pico sure) said come back in 4 weeks. Not sure if it's different with the Picosure, but I'm planning to wait 3 months to see. Right now, when I look closely at my tattoos, I can see a hazy area surrounding the whole thing that's lighlt shaded black - I am assuming from my body absorbing the ink. I thought it was my mind playing tricks, but someone else noticed when I showed them. Drinking LOTS of water!
Which dr is doing the procedure?
Dr. Robinson
Where in boston are you going too.
Skincare physicians
Are they expensive and i have 6 tattos on my right forarm that makes a half sleeve if u can.its all black ink look into it let me know a price range? They want 225 for a consultation i dont want to spend that then not want it done to the expense charged.
I had two consultations from different doctors and neither asked for a consultation fee.

Welcome to the community!

I am also in the same situation wanting to remove a lovely blue fish from my ankle!  This new laser helps break up the toughest colored inks!   There is hope for us.

I will be anxious to hear back from you.  We can compare notes as we go through this process.  Keep me updated.

I decided to wait an extra week to go back for my third treatment. My skin is healed and where the shading WAS is still slightly pink. I called the Dr office and they said that this is normal and it will go away in time. I decided to put biosilk oil and maderma gel on it just incase because I don't want my skin to scar! The skin isn't raised at all which is good. With that said I am getting really anxioius for my next laser treatment. If it is really 6 treatments then I will be half way through. This sucks!

I think that was a smart choice to wait an extra week.  No rush here so make sure you are healing properly.