Day Two -Boston, MA

It's the morning of day two. Swelling but very...

It's the morning of day two. Swelling but very little bruising. My vision is a bit blurry due to the swelling but I have zero pain. I have not taken pain meds since last night and woke up pain free. We'll see how it goes as the day wears on. I did take Arnica before surgery, do not smoke and abstained from alcohol for a week before(argh:)) I think all that helped with the minimal bruising. The procedure couldn't have gone better, I'm very pleased so far. I will update as often as possible.

Day 3

Those itchy steri strips came off, still no pain. Quite a bit of swelling beneath my eyes, probably didn't sleep as elevated as I should have. So far so good. Very minimal bruising.

Day 4

Swelling down a bit. Had a weird incident last night, I poked my self HARD in the eyelid with my thumbnail in my sleep. Woke up bleeding. Not too bad but not a few drops either. Cleaned it up this morning and since I can't tell exactly where I bled from I'm guessing ill live:) other than that I feel great, getting through another day.

Another day

A bit of progress. My right eye is a bit bruised, either from poking myself in the eye the other night or from the cyst I had removed (round red scab). Extreme itchiness last night, not dry eyes but more like allergic itching in corners of eyes and at suture line. Took some OTC allergy medicine and feel a bit better today. Switched to warm compresses.

Weird eye shape

Not much progress,but I'm getting paranoid that my eyes got smaller and have a "surgical" look to them. I can't WAIT to get these stitches out and see if the lid swelling goes down. Impatient.

Swollen

Decided last night that it would be a great idea to go for a run(Doctor approved). Today I have quite a bit of edema beneath my eyes. Not sure if its from the run,or from ......whatever. Stitches out tomorrow!!!!!! Yay!!!!!

Before

Sorry, it was just pointed out that I failed to post a before photo. This is kind of the best I have. Droopy eyelids. Not a huge problem but I was told how tired I looked all the time.

Stitches out!!!!

Almost presentable

10 days out

Looks great so far!! So gled I did this. I anticipate a lessening of the swelling as time goes on, but it's really minimal at this time.

Almost two weeks

I'm very pleased with the results. Slight amount of swelling still, and a small section of the incision which is healing a bit slowly, BUT I am very very happy. So glad I did this!

Update

Everything seems to be healing well, but the scars are really red. The corners of my eyes are super itchy, not sure if it's the ragweed or some thing else. The eyes themselves are not red so I don't think it's any sort of conjunctivitis, which I've had in the past. I'm going to try to use warm compresses and more antibiotic ointment. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. Townsend is the best. After seeing the work he did on several friends, and seeing some real awful results from other doctors I knew he was the best surgeon for me. So far very, very happy with the results and the recovery.