Been Thinking About Doing This for over Ten Years! - Boston, MA

This website and all the positive reviews has...

This website and all the positive reviews has encouraged me to finally set up a consultation. I am currently about a 34DD/36D and want to go as low as a B. I was a B cup until I had kids then when I lost weight afterwards I was a C. Now I am 50 and hate how big they are. I get rashes all the time and have stopped exercising the way I used to because of that. So now I have gained weight, ugh. I used to bike about 100 miles a week but then started getting a rash every time I went for a ride. I also see a chiropractor for pain in my mid back and neck. I hate wearing bras because the band across my back just aggravates me along with the straps digging into my shoulders. Does all of this sound familiar to most of you? Anyway, my big concern is getting insurance to cover this. I am not enormously huge so I don't know if enough tissue can be removed. I will have to see what the doctor says in two weeks.

Congrats on your positive decision :-)

What a difference 28 years and 2 kids make

I am looking over before and after photos trying to find some that I can use to show the Dr. what I am looking for. My now husband, then boyfriend, took that picture so long ago when I had boobs I would kill to have now. I might as well bring that photo along.

I hope you get your insurance approval :-)
I hope you find a good PS you will get you through the insurance approval quick. Best of luck
You will be so happy! Just make sure you get a great surgeon - looks like there are plenty of bad ones outs there.............

I posted a question regarding scar pattern....

to the doctors on realself and I didn't get the answer I was after and realize I need to ask it in a different way. I wanted to know what the breast will typically look like if you can go with either the anchor or lolipop technique and start off at my size to begin with and want to end up a B cup. I think I asked to question in a way that most doctors answered you have to have a consult with a qualified PS to make the decision. I do think that is an obvious answer and not really what I was looking for. I wanted to get descriptions of what the breast will look like, will it be high, low, round, pointy, perky, wide at bottom, etc. I will ask again. If any of you ladies can describe the differences of results between the two techniques that would be greatly appreciated.
My consultation was moved from 1/24 to 1/28, bummer. I have also found another PS in the Boston area that I want to have a consult with. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long for an appointment. I really want to have this surgery done before the end of April if possible.

The breastshape you will have has a lot to do with the experience your surgeon has. You can get wonderful and high breasts with the anchor scar too, if an internal bra is done. But you have more scaring with this. Is the lollipop done, you might have less scaring, but often the scars need revisions because tge incision is kind of wrapped and needs to smooth out over the time. My surgeon said, that he prefers the anchor, because woman want to have a good result when they get off the op table and not wait months until everything is in place. But so or so, there are pros and cons. If you prefer a certain shape, it also depends not just on the scaring, but also there are different ways to place the gland inside the breast. This also does change the form and projection. My surgeon will use the hall Findlay Method, which means that the gland will be mediolateral ( middle / front) inside the breast and this provides that you can still breastfeed if everything goes right and also has the projection wheteit natura is. There are other ways where the gland is placed from below or above, as far as i heard the best is the hall findlay ( which can be combined with a lollipop scar! ) So the methods can be combined at times. If you have a lot of tissue or skin removed, to get removed you might need a bigger scar. My surgeon said, if you compare a huge breast with a hughe living room and you want to get a double size sofa through the door it might get difficult! ;)
Sorry for the faults in the text! :/
Good luck with your consult, I found getting insurance approval a breeze, you look like you shouldn't have any trouble. I'm in boston too, you can check out my surgeon if your first consult doesn't work out...

More photos

First consult on Tuesday. I am very excited. Any thoughts on questions I should absolutely ask, please let me know.

Hoping you have a great consult tomorrow !!!!
btw, and your current breasts now are better than mine were at 39 so you will definitely be likely to have an even better result aesthetically than my poor sunbathed thin skin breasts :) My partner says they are spectacular as to the friends I have shown. Going small is a shock. It is not for everyone - it depends on clothes you like and if you like the "booby" look. I was totally over it and begged him to not go anywhere near bigger than a C. We are all different though- all the best :)
You certainly did have perfect boobs when you were younger and you could still have close to perfect now- I would definitely suggest the lollipop technique- find a surgeon that has done loads of them and only does them and you will not be disappointed. Some do liposuction on the sides for extra shaping so if that is the desired look you want as well as of course the pretty big reduction go for it- aim for a B and it will motivate you something crasy to get back in shape leading up to and afterwards- I love my breast being small - I am a 36B now and I hope to be a 32 or 30B as I am embarking on a 12 week diet/fitness overhaul- I have never had a personal trainer til now- now it all seems worth it ;) I agree with the doctor -you could not have been bigger than a B in that pic.

Back from the first consult

Well the consult was good and bad. First the good. The PS is very pleasant and easy to talk to. She did think I would benefit from a reduction and thinks she can take out enough for insurance to cover it , but no guarantee. That would take me from a large D to a large B, but again size can not be guaranteed either. She showed me some pictures of reductions she has done that I liked. She said the lollipop incision would work for me.
The bad, I arrived 10 minutes before my appointment but I ended up waiting 45 minutes before I saw her. I thought she did not spend enough time with me, only about 20 minutes. I was able to show her pictures of what I am looking for and I brought pictures of myself at a lighter weight to show that my breast don't change size much when I lose weight. During the last 5 minutes I felt like she was rushing to move on to the next patient, probably because she had gotten behind during the day. I didn't get any pricing information for the surgery which I need to know just in case insurance won't cover it and I have to pick up the tab. I asked at the front desk and then had to wait another 20 minutes for someone to put a quote together. By the time left the traffic was really building up so it took an hour to get home. I was thinking about all the questions I did not get to ask while I was driving home. Has anyone gone back to see the PS again before they booked the surgery just to get more information? I have questions about the surgery itself.
There is another PS I would love to see and will call tomorrow to see how soon I can get an appointment. I really want to do this by the end of March so can get a lot of healing behind me before the summer.

oh in terms of shape- lollipop is more rounded where the anchor is boxy (as seen by ladies reviewing) the boxiness does round out eventually -my surgeon says both are the same in respect to future sagging. It is your skin/tissue quality which holds them. Looking at your current pictures I would say in good hands you would have an excellent result. Mine are a little far apart but I would assume if you go to a B cup with lollipop pattern you will end up with a better result than I have (based on your anatomy and skin). My surgeon said "what you have is what you end up with" In other words after all is done healed dropped etc the breasts should look like smaller versions of what they were. I agree based on my case and the majority I see here but in some cases I have seen some pretty miraculous :)
I don't agree that the anchor is boxy. It would be correct to say that it CAN get boxy if you do have a surgeon that does the surgery on you in flat position only and who doesn't know how to create a breast without sideboobs. I am sure it takes time and effort to findva skilled surgeon, but you will! I agree with B-cup that time spent is not the only thing that matters. But your questions should be answered. I often felt under time pressure talking to my ps. He seemed to be in a hurry often. But if you like have a look at my results.
A busy surgeon I feel is a good surgeon. She could spend an hour with you and it would not be any guarantee of her work. My surgeon was quick and to the point- after the surgery I didn't see him (he had a massive cancer emergency to attend) Don't worry if her pics are good and she says she will give you a good result there is little else to do- seriously I went to four surgeons - My final judgement was based on personality and photos; time is irrelevant I think- it may make you feel cared for but what you want is a good result. If you have more questions perhaps call or email and see if she is able to offer more time. A surgeon offering no guarantee in my opinion also is one that is a safer bet (strange as that sounds). I mistrust those that say oh you will be perfect- so many factors and so many reasons why results cannot be guaranteed. Even your own response to surgery(swelling etc) could affect the symmetry of the breasts long term. The technique she has learnt is not one very popular in the US and some surgeons are simply uninterested in learning more so try to do some research yourself - the message is pretty clear- less incisions mean less pain, less chance of infection less splitting at T section- my surgeon did an L shape to accommodate for more skin which avoids the T section problems. I'm pretty happy with my results and healing an virtually pain-free reduction. Sleeping/waking moving is a bit uncomfortable that's about it.

Insurance coverage is questionable

I forgot to mention that although she agrees that I am a good candidate for the reduction because of my chronic rash issue and middle back pain, she says she can get very close to removing what insurance requires but she can not guarantee it. So, even if I get pre-approval, I may get stuck with the bill afterwards if she just can't meet the requirement.
Talk about adding on a load of stress before a surgery. I have to decide whether I can afford $8000 dollars and it may come down to just a few grams of tissue, how ridiculous.
So should I pack on about 10 pounds beforehand in hopes that my breast get bigger and then work on losing weight afterwards? Has anyone here had to do that for coverage?

A side note on insurance. My insurance company approved me after the ps sent in his notes and recommendations. They wrote in a letter to me that if I wanted to see other plastic surgeons it would slow down the process. In other words, insurance companies have slow times and backed logged times. I managed to get my request in during a slow time and was approved within a week. Some reviews I've read have taken months to get approved. If you have a specific time frame to get the surgery done like I did then you need to take this into consideration when choosing a ps. The great majority of BR patients are doing this surgery for health reasons and not astectics. Although nice looking breasts are an added bonus. Each ps should strive to make them look as good as possible, after all they want us to refer our friends and family to their service. Just something to think about.

Feeling better about first PS

I was not expecting this at all but this morning the PS I had the consult with yesterday called me.
I had forgot to ask about lipo for under the arms/sides. I wanted to know if she thought I could benefit from that. I mentioned it to the girl at the front when I left and she must have told the PS.
When she called, I told her that I thought of more questions I wanted to ask. She was willing to answer and of them right then on the phone but I had to get ready for work so she gave me her email address and told me to send all of them to her and she would answer them. Fantastic!
If anyone thinks there is something I absolutely should ask please let me know. I am going to send the email to her tomorrow night.

It's good to have a ps who is willing to communicate with his/her patients :-)
my surgeon is great at answering questions by email.
That's great- she sounds like a good one :) In terms of results, my only solution in the end was to look at photos and try to look for similar body shapes- note breast shape before op, age, skin quality, level of sagging and the nipple position and compare to your pre op photo. There is always the case the technique is also not the issue as stated by many surgeons and Raboobsel is right in fact the anchor/wise does also produce round and not boxy shapes- I once read a surgeons account when he was an intern and his superior told him "if you cut them square they will come out square if you cut them round they will be round" It is actually on here as a question posed by yet another unsure woman. I will try to find it as reading that made me want to have the anchor regardless of the extra scarring but here is Australia all 4 surgeons i saw recommended the lollipop- so I really was left to leave it in the chosen surgeons hands. I think sometimes you need to have trust but do your research and ask as many questions as you can. I showed him a picture of a perfect result and he told me it was not possible to expect that as the girl(young girl 23) in the photo has perfect boobs before (just big) no stretch marks making the skin lax and she also had youth on her side. To me I think you have quite good quality skin and quite a bit of upper pole fullness now, so you may be very lucky that way.

It has been approved!

Called BCBS today to see if they got all the stuff they need from the PS office. They got it that day and the surgery was approved 2 days later. I just scheduled my pre-op for March 7th and the surgery will be on March 21st. I am both excited and scared to death all at the same time.
Now I have to figure out how to deal with my 4 small dogs. They will be the biggest issue during the first couple of weeks at least. I need to order a recliner too. I definitely have to sleep in one outside of the bedroom because the dogs will be in there with my husband.

Congrats! Best wishes for a safe surgery and speedy recovery. Keep posting.
You may never be let back into the bedroom....glad you got your approval.

Stupid Gene Mutation

For the past week I have been trying not to think about this subject at all because I have been waiting to have an appointment with a hematologist. I have an inherited gene mutation called Factor 5 Leiden. It puts me at higher risk of developing a blood clot. I just found out about this a few months ago. I have never had any issues with clotting in my entire 50 years but I have also never had a surgery that will be longer than an hour and involve general anesthesia.
My PS wants the hematologist to do a risk assessment for her so she can move my surgery to a hospital setting if needed for safety. Because it may be moved to a hospital that will change the cost so it will have to go back to BCBS for approval, which they will probably still approve. This could be a huge problem for me though. I know that I can handle the cost if the surgery is done at the PS surgical suite and if she can't take enough out for BCBS to pay the claim after the surgery, but if it moves to a hospital, the cost will go way up because of the hospitals added charges. In that case, I will not be able to cover the cost myself it insurance denies the claim afterwards. I am only a DD so she is hoping to be able to take out enough to make me a B. I really don't want to be smaller than that!
So anyway, that is where I am at with this, just waiting to see what the hematologist says.

Hoping you can get some answers soon you can make some decisions. I wish the very best for you.
a bump in the road but important for you to be safe.

Positive visit with Hematologist

The hematologist is going to recommend that I be treated like any other surgical patient and that I don't need to be in a hospital setting. He just stressed that I get up and move around as much as I can. So my surgery date is 3/21 and my pre-op date is 3/7. Reading all the updates here is very helpful. It keeps me excited about it. I do have lots of conflicting feelings about it though because I am really not that big. My size now is the "after" size for so many of you. Also, I have smaller boobs than most of my friends. I haven't told any of them I am doing this because I think they will think I am nuts. I know it is a personal issue and decision, but if I tell anyone, I am sure I will be faced with opposition and I am afraid that it will make me second guess myself for the next month. So, to avoid that stress, I will keep it to myself for now.

Glad to hear you received good news at your doctors. Keep us posted and I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.

Pre-op tomorrow

Well tomorrow is a big day. I have my pre-op appointment. I have so many questions so I hope she has enough time to answer them for me. We are also going to decide if some lipo would be beneficial to the whole result. I hope she says it's not necessary because I have read from many who have had it that it is more painful than the BR.
My biggest concern is that the insurance covers this especially if I do the lipo. That, I will have to pay for and if I get whacked with the BR bill I would have to take out a loan to pay for it and that would really suck.
I have been having all kinds of emotions about this too. Mostly I am trying to stay busy to keep my mind off of it. I have moments when I think I am nuts and imagine that I will be really unhappy with my results and then there are times when I am so ready for it, like today when I wore a certain bra to work that after just a few hours it was causing shoulder pain and really bugging me. If I was home I would have yanked that thing off and gone bra less. I don't wear a bra unless I absolutely have to because they are so irritating to me. I hope I can handle wearing the bra afterwards for 6 weeks.

Good luck at your pre-op appointment!! I hope they answer all of your questions for you. This surgery will make you feel so much better about yourself. It is wonderful.
Thanks for the good luck wishes. I just took a look at your review. The first picture of you in the purple bra looks like me although I am just a DD at best. I love your after results. I hope I look something like that when this is finally done.
Funny enough, that purple bra IS a DD - it was the biggest one I could get at that store at the time, but it was tight. I wore a DD for years before getting fitted and realizing I was an E or F. I had the anchor incision, not the lollipop, but since you are starting out smaller than me, I can't see why you wouldn't end up a similar size. I am wearing a 36 B now, although I have 2 36 C bras that fit too. I hope you are as happy with your results as I am - I will watch for your posts :)

Starting my count down to the big day

I had my pre-op today and was very happy with the amount of time my PS spent with me. I was able to get all my questions answered and we even discussed some lipo that I may want to do at another time. For now, she thinks I do not need to have any lipo under my arms on the side of my breast.
That made me happy to not have to deal with that pain and healing process.. She says she will do the vertical incision and will only do an incision underneath if she finds there is excess skin and that may only be on my left side because it is bigger. She said that 200 grams is typically equivalent to one cup size so she estimates that she can take what the insurance requires or at least pretty close and I will be about two cup sizes smaller which for me would mean a large B or small C. Just what I was hoping. I was given a prescription for a transdermal patch that I put on the morning of surgery, oh by the way I have the first one of the day at 7:30am, this patch helps to prevent nausea and vomiting from the anesthesia or from the pain medication during the first three days. She gave me a prescription for vicodin for the pain. She does not do antibiotics at all. If I have signs of an infection she will then prescribe them. She doesn't like to add anything else that can have a negative effect on the digestive system or even cause a yeast infection.
I ordered a Marena 2 bra in XL but it is huge, I can stick my hand right under the band. i am going to get a Large. I am trying to take into consideration the swelling that will be around the ribcage.
So, I will be doing all kinds of things to get prepared over the next two weeks. I will also be getting more and more nervous as the day gets closer and closer I am sure.

Fantastic news! Its all going to go really well. Im booked in for the same day as you. See you on the other side :-D
Good news! It won't be long now. You're gonna do great. Best wishes for a safe surgery and speedy recovery...see ya in "normal side boobie land", lol :-DSuzy

This time next week

This time next week I will be on the operating table! Yikes! I have been pretty good emotionally so far. Although I do have moments of doubting my decision to do this. Reading the reviews is so helpful for preparing but they also have a way of making me dread the whole healing process.
I am not the most patient person and I can honestly say I can count how many times I have taken a nap on one hand since I was a baby. Not even when I had my own babies. I am constantly caring for my four dogs and I know they are not going to like me ignoring them.
So I was at Kohls buying some new towels and wash clothes and decided to take a walk over to the bra section. I took a few B cup bras off the rack and out loud I said, "No Way." I can not imagine breasts that small being on my body. Then I looked at a few C cup bras and actually found the same bra I have in a DD. I decided to buy it and try it on when I got home. (see pictures)
Maybe I should say I want to be a C cup. Has anyone brought a bra to your PS to show what you want to fit into. It could be a good visual guide for them, a good way to get your vision across to them.
I am spending the next week making sure I have all the stuff I need to be as comfortable as possible in the days right after and I am stocking my house with enough food for the dogs and humans to survive for a least a week. My husband is taking a week off but after 10 days, I will be on my own for most of the day.
I will not be updating my review until I get back home from my Mom's house. I will be there for the first three days and she does not have a computer. So I hope to make it to the other side and wish any others who are going soon the best of luck.

I Also have the Factor 5 - and it was just fine for my BR Surgery ! No Problems at all . Mine was on March 5th.
Before my surgery I used to go to marshalls on my lunch hour and look at the B cup bras haha. they probably thought i was some kind of weirdo because I would go in everyday and touch them and never buy anything! But now I can ;)
Good luck next week we're having our surgery on the same day...this time next weet we'll have been transformed!

I am 5 days post op

Everything went well on surgery day. Got there at 7am. Surgery started at 7:30am and I was in recovery at 10:30am. It took a while for me to wake up afterwards. My oxygen level was very low and they had to keep telling me to take deep breaths. I stayed at my Mother's house until yesterday. I only had to take the vicodin 3 times and then I switched to just tylenol. Now I am switching between tylenol and motrin. I am also taking an antihistimine because I am more itchy than in pain at this point.
I have lots of bruising around the incisions. I am also taking arnica and bromalin to help with the bruising and swelling.
My first assessment of my new boobs is that they are not very pretty with all the tape and bruising and all around strange shape. I would say they are still too big but I am not going to care about that yet because it has only been 5 days and I know they are still swollen especially since I had no drains to help get rid of fluids.
I am sleeping really well in my own bed partially sitting up with pillows under my arms and knees.
I am even able to shift to be slightly on each side without discomfort.
Just taking it really easy and drinking lots of water everyday. My first post-op appointment is on Friday the 28th.
I would say my pain level on the first day was maybe a 6 out of 10 and today it is a 2 out of 10. I am more itchy than in pain really.

Looks like your surgery went great! Do you know how many grams she removed?
So glad you're doing well! It was refreshing for me to read that after five days your pain level is a "2." I think that's terrific! Can't wait for Monday when I go to Dr. Halperin for my consultation. One of the questions I have for her is regarding drains. I noticed you mentioned that you didn't have drains. I'm wondering what the deciding factors are for who gets drains and who doesn't. Wishing you continued happiness with the new you!

Day 7 and 1st post op visit

I am doing extremely well so far. I am needing motrin only once a day and I am able to sleep on my back and slightly on each side for 8 to 10 hours a night. I am still feeling that the boobs are very tight and the left one is still very bruised but it looks better every day.
My post op appointment was this afternoon, a one hour car ride. My boobs were very sore after all that jiggling driving there and then home.
My PS says things look great and I will go back in two weeks. I am to leave the tape on and I can switch to a sports bra if I would like but I need to wear it day and night for the next two weeks.
I have not told anyone other than my Mom and husband so it will be interesting when I do get in the company of others that I know and see if there is any reaction at all. I do look like I have lost weight, my shirts are definitely baggier up top. The only thing that is bothering me just a little is that even with a shirt on, the boobs do not have a normal rounded shape. They are pretty flat in the center where the incisions are because they need time to drop and soften. It is hard to find clothing that hides the flatness. Other than that I am very happy. I wonder how I will feel when the tape comes off and I see my entire nipple and the scars? Hope everyone else is doing well.

I think you are shaping up beautifully. Glad to hear you are doing so well pain-wise, so early. Congrats and continued good recovery. HUGS :-DSuzy
Doing great. I know what you mean about the jiggling, 5 weeks post op I went to Poland with friends and we had a ride on a little cart thing over cobbles and bumpy streets and i was holding onto my boobs!!!!
Hay mandolynn glad to see you're doing well! Im pretty bruised too but funnily only on the left. Are you experiencing any shooting pains that really make you jump?

2 weeks post op update

Hey all, I am two weeks out and am feeling pretty good. As you can see by my pictures, I still have the bruising on the left breast but it seems to be fading a little every day. The shape is improving very slowly too. I can't wait to get the tape off, that will be on the 4/14. I think it is preventing my nipples from getting back to a more normal shape or less flat. Also, the tape down at the bottom of the incision is irritating my skin now and making me red and itchy there. I also noticed a stitch poking through at the very bottom which is probably contributing to the itchiness.
I have been sleeping fine and can even sleep in my sides. I think having only the vertical incision and not the one underneath the breast is the reason why I am able to do this so soon. Although, last night I was waking up from being very achy and I am wondering if the internal stitches are dissolving and the tissue is settling or irritated from that.
I have been fine as far as my energy level during the day but that may not be such a good thing because I may be doing to much. I am really doing everything I did before now except for heavy exercising. Driving if not a problem either.
I am like a lot of others who have said they don't feel like they are small enough. Today I tried on some of my old bras and they still fit except that now my breast are not sagging into the bottom of the cup or overflowing so much but they still fit and I was hoping they would be too big. I know I probably am still swollen and shouldn't have tried them on. Also, I do hope to lose about 15 pounds which I hope will make them shrink a bit.
Next will be the nipple and scar reveal when I go for my second post op visit on the 14th. The PS will be telling me how to care for the scar. I have purchased a product called Dermatix Ultra which is a transparent silicone gel which dries quickly and is supposed to work as well as the silicone sheets but is easier to deal with and is much thinner than the sheets. I am hoping that my PS approves it. I will update again after my next post op with pictures without the tape.

You're looking better all the time. You're right, when the tape comes off, the skin and nipples will be able to fill out/plump. Awesome you can sleep on your side already. Continued good healing. :-DSuzy
Glad you're doing well and getting out and about. We had surgery on the same day and although im pain free...more or less I cannot drive yet its just too uncomfortable! I too have been worried about my size and positioning I measured myself yesterday and I measure the same as before surgery and I was hoping to be more lifted than I am but I guess we've got to be patient and wait for the swelling to go down. I think you have a great shape and are lucky not to have a incision under the breast, have you tried Arnica or Bromelain for the swelling? :-D
Yes I am taking Arnica and Bromelain 2 times a day. I did not have drains either and I had no leaking of any fluid so I think that maybe I had/have more swelling because of that, but not really sure. My PS said not to be concerned with size and shape until at least 6 weeks so I am trying not to care too much about it yet.

3 weeks post op

I am feeling more unhappy about my new boobs this week. For one thing, they are physically annoying me. My nipples are super hyper sensitive and I am aching a lot towards the bottoms and sides of them. Going out in the car really aggravates everything and even walking around too much does. Fortunately, I am still able to sleep really well all night.
Mentally I am not happy with the size. I still fit in most of my bras, not spilling out of them as much but still fitting in them. I am measuring only two inches less around them going from a measurement on 42" to 40" but I really wanted to see a 4" difference. I took all the tape off because it was falling off so I got a good look at my areolas and the scars. As you can see by the new photos, my areolas are not equal all the way around so they don't look round, I really don't like that at all. The scars look good right now although the left one is not really straight like the right one. I have my 3 week post op visit on Monday and the PS will tall me how to care for the scars. I know that I will have to wear a surgical bra or sports bra for 3 more weeks.
I am just tired of constantly "feeling" them and I think that is exaggerated because I am not happy with how they look right now.
I am hoping to get through this phase and be happier soon. I do want to lose weight which should help me feel better about myself but right now I can't do anything because of how easily the boobs get aggravated.

Mandolynn we are at the same stage right now and you have echoed many of my own feelings so I figure that it's totally normal. I had a total melt down yesterday I mean complete apocalyptic, cracatoa blowing its top, melt down about the constant discomfort, confinement and loneliness. I too cant drive comfortably yet and stupidly took the train to my appointment on friday...paying for it still...and it feels like nothing anyone says helps. Hang on in there hun it has to get better the other ladies are evidence of this. Ps dont get drunk like I did a hangover does not help on top of everything else...:-D
Hi, I had my second follow up appt yesterday. I told my PS that I was feeling more discomfort over the last week than before and that I was just basically getting tired of "feeling them" She told me that she hears this from lots of patients at the third week. The nerves are really starting to regenerate so pain and discomfort are increasing. She says that the zingers will start if they have not yet, can't wait for that, NOT! She promised that I will be so much better over the next 3 weeks and that by 3 months, everything should be feeling great. Can't wait for that.
Its great to hear all is going well and what we are feeling is normal. I just cant wait to get this part over with. :-D

4 weeks post op today

There has been a definite improvement in the pain level and nipple sensitivity. I can lay completely on my sides now when I sleep but can't imagine laying on my stomach. I jogged in place for a couple seconds and that set off all kinds of sharp pains so that isn't going to happen any time soon.
Next week I am going to start walking for exercise since the jiggling isn't making me ache anymore or at least not this week. Things can change on a day by day basis.
I started treating the scars with a product called Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Treatment. It is a silicone gel. At night I put it on and put tape over it but in the morning I put it on and just wear a bra. My PS said I can wear any bra I want but no underwire yet, that's okay with me because I would rather not ever wear an underwire, I hate them. My PS also gave me the go ahead to do any activity but to just take it easy. Like I said, I will not be doing anything that has the boobs bouncing up and down!

you are doing great, i started being able to sleep on my front a bit at about 8 weeks

6 Weeks today

It has been six weeks since my surgery. I am still not happy with my size because I really think I should be smaller. I have lost 8 pounds since and they have not changed at all. They are definitely in a better place but absolutely no one has noticed at all or even noticed or mentioned that I look like I have lost weight. Also, I am not thrilled with the strange shape of my nipples. The areolas are not very even all the way around especially the right one. I am also having an issue with the right one. It is causing some pain and there is a feeling of pulling when I reach my arm up over my head. You can see in the photos that the very bottom has sucked way in and the bottom of the breast looks like it still needs to round out. The left one is doing fine in that department. I don't see my PS again until May 14th. Anyone else have the pulling feeling? It feels like something needs to be released in there.

the pulling probably means that you have undissolved internal stitches, still time for things to change a lot, try some massaging to soften up he incisions. overall a very nice result and it should not matter that others are not saying anything, you look so great in that dress.
I think you have healed Very Nicely ! I never have had any trouble with the Surgeries that I have Had - even though I ALSO have the Factor 5.
I would definitely talk to your PS at your next visit. It really is way to soon to see your final result, but at least your PS will know your concerns. I have not seen major differences since 6 weeks, but definitely some of the minor imperfections have resolved themselves. I did have the pulling sensation for several weeks. Mostly on my horizontal incision. If I am not wearing a bra a can still feel slight pulling, but nothing significant. Still sleeping with a bra though.

7 wks post surgery

Hi everyone I have some new photos this week. Last weekI had made note of how my right breast is not dropping as well as the left and this week it is no different. I have my last follow up with the PS on Wednesday and I will be discussing this with her. Also, I am going to tell her that I really wish she had gone smaller. I am so happy that they are at least smaller than they were and are sitting much higher but still I wanted them smaller. I am considering having the area under the bra strap liposuctioned in the Fall and I will ask her if she can do some around the sides of my breast to possible make them a bit smaller. They do tend to hang over that way and that may do the trick. I know that many may be thinking that being a 34D is great but I was only a DD to begin with. For those having much larger reductions, ,many have made it to a C cup from being a lot larger than me to begin with. I don't think you would be happy going from say an F cup to a G cup. There is really no reason I could not have been brought down to a at least a small C cup. I am a small framed person as you can see by my photos and especially with a 34 measurement for a bra band. And I know you can't go by the cup size as many will say but I only measure 2 inches less around the breast going from 42" around to 40". My widest measurement around the lower half of my body is only 38" so I am still top heavy. I sure need to vent about this. Anyway, I will update in another week and let you all know how my follow up appointment goes.

You are looking great :) you will see them change a lot!!
It may be the angle, but it does seem as thought this past week the swollen has gone down and the shape up your breast and nipples are much nicer. Sorry to hear you are not happy with your size. I am hoping there is an easy fix. I also measure 34 inches around my band, but I was much bustier. I don't think my PS could have gotten me any smaller without compromising my nipples (went down 6 inches-practically half my breasts) but I would certainly think they could have decreased you more than a cup size.

After my follow-up

It has been a couple weeks since my follow up appointment. At the appointment I told the PS that I am still not happy with my size since I wasn't that big to begin with. Not one person I know has noticed any change and if they notice anything they aren't saying probably because they can't figure out what it is. I wanted it to be obvious especially to me! I talked to the PS about doing lipo on my back because I always have a bulge below my bra strap and she said that I can have some lipo done to the breast at that time if I am still not happy with my size. Also, she wants me to vigorously massage the scar and surrounding area of the right breast that has the flat area at the bottom. I have been doing that already and no change yet. I also purchased the silicone sheet that is already in the shape of the lollipop incision. It is a lot easier to deal with than putting on the silicone gel everyday. I have another follow up appointment in August which will be my 5 month mark.

I actually had a consult set up with Dr Halperin later this month until I decided to go with another PS that my primary recommended. btw, I think your new girls look great but I don't understand why they tell you one thing and do something different. I am a 36 DD right now and my PS said 500 gm will be removed from each breast which will bring me to a b cup but I wonder if it will really be less once he gets in there. I hope not! Also wondering if he said 500 to meet the insurance requirements.
I went from a 34 g/h to a small c fuller b. yes she should have taken off more, especially if the insurance required so many grams be removed? I don't understand why she didn't go smaller to where you wanted to be?? She should redo it free of charge!
The problem with the lollipop procedure is that they can't take away as much breast tissue - it is really for women who only want to go down a breast size maybe two at most.

6 month post op update

I had my 6mth follow up and told the PS that I am still not happy with how big they are. She said she can reduce them with lipo and I would only have to pay for the surgical suite fee, I don't know what that is yet. I posted a question to the doctors on the site about reducing with lipo. I posted a picture with my question and most of them think it will leave me sagging or deflated and I should basically have the same surgery over again. I would do it if I don't have to pay for it because it was covered by insurance the first time but I don't know if they will cover a revision surgery. This just gets me angry thinking about having to go through it all again. I know my breasts are smaller and higher but they are not small enough and I am still bothered by that. The other area that is concerning me is the odd appearance of the underside of my right breast which can be seen in the photo.
I have another follow up scheduled for early December and I will be discussing what can and will
be done to address my disappointment.

Hey! I sent you a pm the other day about my appointment, not sure if it went through?
I did get it. I will respond soon. My mom had knee surgery so I haven't found time yet, very busy with her.
Oh wow, I wish her a speedy and full recovery. I'll keep her in my prayers.
Terri Halperin

Dr. Halperin is a very nice person who has a very friendly personable manner. She did a good job on the surgery but I must say that you have to be very strong when you request what size you want to be. I am not as small as I had hoped and that seems to be a very common complaint for reduction patients. Her office is very nice. There were a couple times that I felt I had to wait a bit too long when she was running late Overall I had a pleasant experience with Dr. Halperin.