k

I have been considering breast reduction for...

I have been considering breast reduction for several years now. I'm only 24, and the reason that I'm finally getting serious about it is because I'm employed full time and out of school (have my own insurance) and am so fed up with my breasts.

I went to a plastic surgery consult on January 7th-- my doctor was unsure if insurance would cover the procedure as my breasts are not as big as some other women and candidates for the surgery.

That said, I'm a 32E and depending on my weight (hovers around 140) and what time of the month it is-- my bra is often too small. That said, my breasts are also very saggy and unattractive.

My insurance agreed to pay for the procedure in full! I was very excited, but still nervous and waited until this week (mid-Feb) to book the surgery. I did it though! I am slated for March 14th.

The more I look at my breasts the more and more I become sure that I will be much happier.

That said, I am going to try and answer some questions along the way, that I had/currently have. My biggest hesitations are the pain--the post opp soreness and scarring freak me out. I will absolutely report back on it as things progress.

Right now, I am looking to 4/25 (its the sixth week mark after my surgery!) and just so excited for my results.

Samuel J Lin

GIRL!!! Your so young, and your breast are actually very lovely and perfect just as they are. They've got GREAT shape, and fit your frame soo well!! Honestly!! If I were in your shoes, I would not have them reduced. I'd look at them as more of an asset if anything!! And if I was your best friend, I'd tell you the same. You might really want to change your perception before you change you boobs... And your only 24, what's the rush? Surgery will always be available. BUT your young now, enjoy your life with your natural unaltered boobs. You don't HAVE to have a reduction, you don't NEED a reduction. Take care, and please don't get mad at me for telling you this, but I say it because I really do think you look so perfect just as you are already. :)
I think the results pay back for the scars. I would always do it again !
I'm 31 and I had the same worries. I healed so-so, not fast but not slow. I had a openings at my T junctions, but I was back to full range of motion and lifting my toddler buy 3 weeks out. I didn't have any help with my daughter during week four.I definitely pushed the envelope physically, so it wasn't surprising when I got sick the following week. The last of my scab (it covered the opening of my T junction on the left side that was big enough for a pencil eraser to fit into) flaked off a couple days ago, so about six weeks out, but the rest have been gone since like week four. Eat protein any chance you get, don't be shy about taking pain meds (even if it's just OTC Advil) and rest whenever you can. I still nap when my daughter goes down for hers. I had protein snacks EVERY night the first month.
I had the same surgeon, and I am almost 4 weeks post. It has been slow healing for me, but we're at different stages in life so it could be totally different for you! Good luck, and congrats :)
When you read reviews, it can be either encouraging or scary. The vast majority of reductions are straightforward, relatively painless and very successful. I've just had my second one and am doing better than great. Go for it!
I'm having surgery with Dr Lin next week and wondering whether you were satisfied with your outcome?
Hello. I completed surgery last December 2012. I can say that I'm quite satisfied. Samuel Lin removed a total of 4 pounds and it's such a great feeling. I went from DDD to C/D. To be honest I may could have been bigger than that. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Did you do the surgery?
Any thoughts kaylakay? Hope all went well.
Kaylakay let me know if you need any more help:)
Hello, Dr. Samuel conducted my surgery and although not completely satisfied with the size, it might be too soon to tell. I had my surgery done in Decemer 2012 and the greatest is having smaller breast. I went from DDD to D.
Good for you !!!

Welcome to the community.  Looking forward to hearing all about your surgery ad results.

I am very glad that I had my reduction.  Made a world of difference in how I felt about myself.  The pain and swelling are all temporary and last a very short time.  Scars also fade and are hidden under the breasts.  You will do just fine.

Congratulations on making the decision to have BR. You will be so happy you did. I had my BR done the very end of November and I am so happy with my results. The pain is not unbearable, the first few days you will be taking something similar to Vicodin, after that you will probably be fine taking extra strength Tylenol. My PS uses drains and also has you tape the incisions for 13 weeks. Not all PS use those same procedures, but I found it helped with the bruising, swelling and my scars are fading quickly. I also know we all heal differently. I read on here quite often about bromelain and arnica. I know there is bromelain in pineapple and it helps with swelling. Let me know if you have any other questions about the process or recovery. Oh yeah, forgot to mention pillows. It helps to sleep in a reclined position with a couple pillows behind you and one on each side. It keeps you from rolling on your side and just makes you a little more comfortable to sleep.
Congratulations on making the big decision KaylaKay, I'm sure you will be really happy with the outcome. I was a 30E/32DD and will probably be a 32B by the time all the swelling has gone down. The scars will fade overtime and the pain is not as bad as I anticipated. I think a few weeks of discomfort is far outweighed by the thought of small perky titties! You will be just fine! Keep us posted on your progress :)