Saline Implants in Front of Muscle 1998 - Getting Them Out! - Boston, MA

I got my implants at 19 - very insecure about my...

I got my implants at 19 - very insecure about my small A size breasts and wanted to look more womanly/sexy. The doctor did an amazing job and have had no issues at all. After I had my son in 2008 I can to love who I am without fake boobs and wanted them out but was afraid to have surgery and was worried about the cost. I looked into breast implant removal with fat transfer (and came very close to booking...lipo and boobs!!!) but the more research I did, I got scared about calcification (hard bumps) in the fat transfer. I had a cosmetic procedure after a car accident at the age of 14 where fat was transferred from my abdomen to my inner calf. I have to hard calcified bumps there and figure my body would react the same way if fat was put into my boobs...not what I want. So last month I stumbled upon this site and made an appointment with Dr. Shektman right outside if Boston. He was great and didn't try to talk me into anything else. I told him my plan was to take them out and decide 6+ months later if I was a lift. My surgery is going to be in the office under local (kind of freaked out about that but I didn't want general - which he offered as an alternative).

Getting Nervous!!

So I am scheduled for Tuesday afternoon and am getting super nervous about complications or if something bad happens (I'm slightly neurotic). On one hand I happy to not be under general anesthesia because I can stand going under but am also afraid if having something go wrong and not being in a hospital. Can someone who has had this done under local in an office please let me know what to expect. I am also nervous because I am a single parent and am wondering how I will be able to 'take it easy' while I heal with a 5 year old boy at home. Am sleeping at my parents the night I have surgery whiley son is with his dad, but wondering how I'm going to handle the following days and weeks!

Typos

Please excuse the typos...iPhone autocorrect!

They are out!!!

Just getting home so keeping it short for now. Really quick and painless under local. No pain now but am tired from not sleeping well last night from anxiety. Sooooo happy I did this!!!

2 days post op

Today is 2 days post op and I feel great. I have a little shooting pain in my right breast if I reach to high up or move my arm too quickly. Overall, I feel great and still thrilled with my decision.
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

So far so good. Dr and staff have been very pleasant. Will have more after procedure. Procedure went very well. The doctor did a great job and the nurse was very helpful and reassuring through the process. Would highly recommend Dr. Shektman.