No More Sad Eyes! - Boston, MA

45 year old male here, tired of looking tired so...

45 year old male here, tired of looking tired so began to explore Blepharoplasty. This site is an invaluable tool! I had my eyelids done on 11/29/11 using only local anesthesia and Xanax for sedation. It was a breeze. Absolutely no pain whatsoever. The only problem I had is I also had some dermal filler put in my tear troughs and under the right eye I got a nasty bruise. It was not the fault of the doctor--these things can just happen if a blood vessel is nicked. It is however slow to resolve so I'm using arnica and a little concealer of I feel it looks noticeable. Probably only I notice it most. This was the best investment in myself I have ever made. I would highly recommend it. BUT be choosy in who you have do it. My surgeon is an occuplastic surgeon and extremely well qualified and credentialed to do this. Eyes are all he does. I would not go to a general plastic surgeon. Your eyes are the first thing people notice. You want to still look like you, only brighter and refreshed. Do your homework!

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr Kapadia is very responsive to his patients. He makes himself available at all times if you have any questions or concerns.

See above.
Would you mind sharing who you used in Boston? I think we would all love to know.
Many thanks
ok thanks, did you have any complications ? how are you now ?
get well soon, you are very lucky. can you share your before after photos with us ?
I have photos, but I can't seem to upload them fr my iPhone. I'll figure something out.
I was really apprehensive about the procedure. Xanax 30minutes prior REALLY helped. I was not aware of any cutting--absolutely nothing. And no discomfort. Even the lidocaine shots didn't bother me. The second day I started to have some discomfort that Tylenol wasn't controlling so I had a prescription called in for some Vicodin. Definitely helped and I only needed it a couple of days. So don't be afraid
But I would say be sure to get your doc to give you something for anxiety beforehand and you will barely notice a thing. I am so happy I did this! I wish I had done it sooner.

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep them in mind.

Thanks for posting your story, Matheson. I've been thinking about bleph (more for the future than now, but my family has a long and storied history of droopy, aging eyes so I think it'll be inevitable). Were you aware of what was happening under local? It seems scary. :-/