Disappointed in the Bosley and MHR Results - Atlanta, GA

My hair loss problem is in the back of my head....

My hair loss problem is in the back of my head. I've had three procedures over the last five years, and that area of my head is still very noticeably thin. Here are some things to keep in-mind:

1. Current procedures will not make your hair thick enough to cover your scalp. You will have a fine "see-through" layer - escpecially in the back.

2. Beware of pricing schemes! Bosely got me for $8,000 for 1000 grafts the first time and a little over $5000 for the second 1000 grafts. MHR prices differently, and I got 1300 for $6000 plus they required me to buy a $400 healing kit that did nothing for me (try to get out of it).

3. During the procedure, you have little interaction with the doctor. Most of your day is spent with "technicians" who place grafts in the holes that the doc punches into your head. Some of these technicials are not very experienced. One time, a more experienced tech was using my head to teach new people. I had not been informed of this arrangement. Another time, the techs were comparing qulity of graft placements on my head. One tech was clearly better than the other.

4. Recovery is a pain. You have to be careful with washing your hair, the scar heals slowly, suture removal can be quite painful (the last time, the sutures were so deep that it took two techs and a lot of rough handling to dig them out. I am still having trouble four months later.

There is more, and I am happy to share. I am not saying that people shouldn't consider the procedure. I do have enough hair in back that I can grow my hair to different lengths, but people still comment on my bald spot - so I know that it is not just me who sees it. Just be ready to shop the tow or three main clinics, negotiate the price down, don't buy extra stuff, and expect much less than you are promised.

Bosley (2) and MHR (1)