Disappointed in the Bosley and MHR Results - Atlanta, GA

My hair loss problem is in the back of my head....

My hair loss problem is in the back of my head. I've had three procedures over the last five years, and that area of my head is still very noticeably thin. Here are some things to keep in-mind:

1. Current procedures will not make your hair thick enough to cover your scalp. You will have a fine "see-through" layer - escpecially in the back.

2. Beware of pricing schemes! Bosely got me for $8,000 for 1000 grafts the first time and a little over $5000 for the second 1000 grafts. MHR prices differently, and I got 1300 for $6000 plus they required me to buy a $400 healing kit that did nothing for me (try to get out of it).

3. During the procedure, you have little interaction with the doctor. Most of your day is spent with "technicians" who place grafts in the holes that the doc punches into your head. Some of these technicials are not very experienced. One time, a more experienced tech was using my head to teach new people. I had not been informed of this arrangement. Another time, the techs were comparing qulity of graft placements on my head. One tech was clearly better than the other.

4. Recovery is a pain. You have to be careful with washing your hair, the scar heals slowly, suture removal can be quite painful (the last time, the sutures were so deep that it took two techs and a lot of rough handling to dig them out. I am still having trouble four months later.

There is more, and I am happy to share. I am not saying that people shouldn't consider the procedure. I do have enough hair in back that I can grow my hair to different lengths, but people still comment on my bald spot - so I know that it is not just me who sees it. Just be ready to shop the tow or three main clinics, negotiate the price down, don't buy extra stuff, and expect much less than you are promised.

Bosley (2) and MHR (1)

Any red commands in SAN DIEGO
10's of thousands of dollars? Scars and pain? What's wrong with being bald?
Who was the 2nd hair restoration specialist you said did a better job and less costly?
Had 2 procedures at Bosley in Atlanta.Very costly and not much hair.Just had another 9months ago at Hair Restoration Specialist a lot better,no discomfort and now have full coverage with fuller hairline and less money.
I went to Bosley. yes it was a little costly, but what cosmetic surgery isn't? bottom line is...IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY! very natural looking. self esteem back to 100%. nobody knew it was done. the whole restoration takes about one year. from implants to riding a motorcycle and not feeling every hair took about one year. the look of the hair replacements only took a couple of months. I would recommend Bosley 1000%. thank GOD for Bosley.
Thank you for all the helpful information. I'm a 58 year old male with thinning hair and I live my hair so much I was considering something like what Bosley has to offer. I'm also glad I found this site and everyone's opinions. I think I'll try and come up with something else or just end up shaving my head like so many other people do these days.
Hi. Any recomended doctors in NYC? Thanks you.
Does anybody recommends one in Houston Tx?
I paid $13,000 for 3000 grafts. It was the most painful procedure I have ever gone through. It was like getting stung by a hundred of angry wasps as they injected the Novocain. They gave me 8 pain pills after the procedure and would not give me any more even though I was in terrible pain from the slicing the back of my head. Luckily I had some lying around which I took so I could sleep at night. Getting the stiches out was also quite a painful ordeal. Six months later, only about 50% of the grafts took, so basically no difference before and after. I would not do it again nor recommend it to anyone.
Sorry to hear your experience and results weren't what they're meant to be...amazing. Thank you for sharing.
we all together need to sue them!!
K
Let's do it they took me for$24,500 Harry White
The guys at Bosley Boca Raton are Hacks. Spent $10,000 on a procedure and nothing grew in and they say that they will do another procedure to try and "fix" the failed attempt. I'll be damned if I EVER fucking let them touch my head again. Giving people long scars on the back of peoples heads for no gain is completely unacceptable and disgusting. Bunch of fucking hacks and all of you should watch out for these scam artists tactics.
Malakh, Welcome to the nightmare, my friend. I know it feels terrible but you're not alone. Of course it is unacceptable and disgusting, Yes, you are wise to never let them touch your head again. The doctors and clinics that perform these surgeries gloss over the inherent risks. They also lowball long-term costs and completely misrepresent the very poor long-term cosmetic results of the procedure. It's impossible for me to put a number on it, but I would imagine hair transplant success stories are about 5-10% of the men that go in for a procedure. You and I and the vast majority will end up feeling ripped off, disappointed, depressed or physically deformed. If you want your suffering to come to something positive, I think your post is good. However, please recognize that it is not simply Bosley that is the culprit but the entire hair transplant indsutry that is a fraud. Hair loss is a war most men will never win and the hair transplant industry exploits the insecurities of balding me to sell them a lie in exchange for a small fortune and lifetime of physical and mental scars.
I'm a guy in my mid thirties who had a receding hairline from my early 20's. I had one procedure 5 years ago with DHI (2000 follicles) and have had a great experience and now have a much thicker head of hair that even when I get my hair cut the hairdresser couldn't tell I have had a procedure. Maybe worth checking? Cost me €4000.00
And they gave you a 10% discount when you promised to place a few 'compliments' on websites like this one?
Haha I love the skeptic in you. I actually just came across this site today by chance thru a random junk email...I haven't needed to have any other 'procedures' to take up any 10% discount... All I know is that it worked for me so wanted to share...
Atlanta is worse.i spent 12,500 for 1 procedure and does not look like thei tv commercials. My wife says I still have thin hair and is mad at me.ishould of gone with a local company in Atlanta and not a big chain.
I had bad results with Bosley in 2004. I tried again, with the Sword Clinic in Torrence, California --in 2011. Great results! I don't need any further transplants and am very glad to have had the procedure at a reputable clinic.
Any comments on Alvi Armani in Beverly Hills?
You mean you want a lousy 'specialist' in LA?
New Guy - thanks for your comments. Do you have any recommendations for someone in Los Angeles? Thanks.
I recommend Sword clinic in Torrence. I had great results there.
Any recommendations for the Tampa, Fl area?