Had Mommy Makeover May 25th, my Experience So Far (With Video)

A little history...I have had 2 children (almost...

A little history...I have had 2 children (almost 15 and 8) and gained a lot of weight from the first and never lost it. My max weight was 222. I have finally been able to loose 51 lbs and have just turned 40 this week. I was never really fat growing up but never had nice tight abs like many of my friends. I am getting some money from a settlement and decided to go for it now while I can. I have been reading all I can and am very excited. So happy I found this board and now have decided to document my "big change". I have had a breast reduction when I was 23 but with all the weight I am back to a DD but they have dropped and there is no fullness above the nipple. I had trouble with yeast infection on my breast last time that they thought was a staff infection and gave me more antibiotic which made it worse and I was left with a lot of scaring underneath both nipples and my nice fine lines turned to wide bumpy scars. I am having a full tummy tuck from hip to hip for sure but after the weight loss and previous c-section the doctor says I still have a petty good waist so I am really hoping for great results like I have seen on this board. I wish there was more to see from older women and women who have started a little heavier.

Ok enough jabbering, my question is do you think I can stay at home by myself? My husband has to work our business and my kids will be at school so as long as I have everything near do you think I can make it on my own? I will have a pain pump for however long they leave them in for and pain meeds foo so I figure I'll sleep a lot for the first few days. I didn't take meds when I had my c-section and I think I have a high tolerance for pain but I'm concerned about being alone and if I shouldn't be how many days do most need assistance? I already have back pain and am also worried about that getting terribly bad too due to laying around or whatever make it hurt so bad like everyone says. I am having a breast lift with saline implants under the muscle and the doctor says most of my scars should be removed which will be great. I don't want to loose much size now but I do want them lifted and fuller. How do I know what size I will end up with? I told my doctor that since they will be lifted that I think I would like to be a full D cup. Wondering if that will seem like a lot or too little since I am a DD bur now they will be lifted. Can they be altered easily after? Have most of you had this procedure in the doctors office? Or in the hospital? My last surgery (reduction) was in a hospital but that was 17 yrs ago. I had a appendectomy a couple years ago and had to stay over night because getting up to use the bathroom was almost impossible and made me want to pass out. Maybe it will be better with the pain pump. Ugh! So many questions! I will submit photos soon of before. Michelle There is so many questions and excitement

3 weeks out I'm doing well physically but I...

3 weeks out I'm doing well physically but I still have my drain in. Hoping this Friday 6/18 to get it removed but still not sure. My doctors say some people have more drainage than others and my being so active doesn't help. I was told that the skin is trying to adhere together and all my movement just pulls it apart so it takes longer to seal inside basically. I went back to work after 9 days and I am not good at sitting at home all the time. Plus I went shopping on the 12 th day and although my husband pushed me all around the mall in a wheelchair I tried on all kinds of clothes (had a great time) and ended up pulling my drain out enough that it wouldn't suction anymore. So had to call the doctor and come home shove it back in the hole and get it sealed off tight so the suction would work again. It has happened twice but is ok now. I had to have tetracycline injected in the drain tuesday because it somehow helps make the skin adhere. Today I have not had as much drainage so hopefully that is a good sign.

I have been given some silicone tape to line my scars with and in some parts it has amazingly made my lines disappear already. But I have trouble with tape and other things on my skin and in a couple places it had caused small sores to come out due to moisture or something so now I have to make sure they dry out completely. My past history of breast reduction I had a severe break out of yeast and it took months for the sores to go away and the scarring was not good. Time has changed a lot from then and I have preventative measures to make sure that doesn't happen this time around. I still have some slight oozing from my belly button too. So hopefully all of this will clear up soon. I have no redness fever or signs of infection so I think I'm doing well. If anyone else has had the similar experiences with drainage please email me and let me know what happened to you. This weekend is my HS reunion so I really hope to get this drain out Friday.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

He did a surgery for me 17 yrs ago. He takes great care of his patients. He has a top notch gorgeous facility with great staff and another partner who is just as good. He has an excellent reputation and an impressive list of credentials.

Any updates on your revision procedure? From the above pics your breasts look great and your tummy seems to be healing nicely. How did the uniboob occur?and is this a common occurence or soemthing that happened with the first surgery. Hope all is well. I live in Palm Beach Gardens too and I plan on surgery, TT with possible BL and BA in early June 2012.
I'm Having a circular abdominalplasty lipo on 2/3/11. I a bit scared I had gastric by pass in june of 2009 I have lost a total of 115 pounds. Can someone give me some tips on how to reduce the anxiety before the surgery.
I'm back for a revision in my breast lift surgery on 11/23. Very excited and hopeful that I will get what I initially had hoped for. When I first went in I was fine with where my nipple placement was due to my reduction 17 yrs prior but the doctor felt I needed a lift and implants to fill things out. I was already was wanting the implants because that is all I thought I needed but I did need to get rid of some of the extra skin etc. I still believe my nipple could have stayed where they were. Now when I wear a bikini or my bra and lean over they come out of the top and I do not have the fullness above that I was looking for and I really wanted my nipple more centered. My doctor says I can not have the nipple removed again and he can not take any more tissue or I will loose the blood flow to the nipple so they will stay where they are and skin will be removed to make a new mammary fold underneath and use larger (round ways) but not larger profile to get the cleavage I want. I am afraid somewhat because I don't want to end up with a uni-boob and I don't want them popping out my armpits either as this is where on my left side my casule (sp?) has opened and when I raise my arm you can completely see my implant and feel it. I can push it up and watch it slow ooze back into place. I don't believe this is my doctors fault I just think these things happen. In my mind, which I am NO EXPERT, for sure but I feel like a higher profile with more cc's would be better and if not why so? I keep hearing people talk about cc's and I don't even have 300 in either of my breast. I am a DD and I was a DD before. I don't necessarily want to be bigger than that just firmer and I fuller above the nipple and I want nice cleavage even if they look a little on the fake side. Any idea's on what exactly I should say during my ore-op next week? Help! Thanks for reading my ever so long story!!!!
Thank you very much for sharing your pictures, I am getting a breast lift done, and the doc suggested to get a tummy tuck as well. I am all scared about the big incition in the stomach and i do not know if I want to do it, however, to see the pics from your breast make me feel excited a about the procedure! they look faboulous! did you get an implant as well? Thank you.
Wow, what difference 2 months makes. I am just a tad past 2 mos. Since my surgery and feeling wonderful about my new body. I have lost more weight and am now din into the healthy BMI of 24.8 weighing 153 lbs. I have not been at this weight since the beginning of my pregnancy with my son 15 years ago. It feels great and the attention is great too. I feel beautiful again. : ). I had intended to post another video awhile ago but had some problems and have not been able to get that video off my iPad and onto the site. If Angie is interested I will do a new one. I would love to show better pictures than I have left on this site since those were so close to my surgery. To say that all of this has been without any difficulty or troubles would not be truthful. Plastic surgery is not an exact science and things do happen so I do have an issue to deal with but we are holding off until December to wait for full settlement and then choose which option we will go with. If you read my previous history you know I had a reduction when I was 23. So a second surgery with lift has removed more tissue and that kind of limits future adjustments a bit. But I am fully confident in my doctor as he comes highly recommended and has plenty of accreditations to back up his years of experience. What is going on with me is not his fault as this happens to many as I have read. I am having a bottoming out issue which is the best I can explain it but it is on the side of my left breast. When I hold my arms up, lay down or press on it I can feel and see the implant popping out. This is causing me not to have the upper fullness above the nipple that I wanted to repair after 2 kids. My right side is much better and I am happy when I have my push up bra on but I will be having this repaired which I'm not positive but I believe I will be replacing both implants and going a tad larger. I am hoping we can do something to sucure them more so they stay in place like I have read about internel bras. I just want the nice cleavage and that was a big thing for me however my breast feel and look extremely natural. They are soft and good placement just need more upper pole fullness to satisfy me. My doctor has promised to take care of me and make thing right but since my nipples have been moved around twice and I have had tissue removed that carries blood supply , I will not be able to move the nipples again and/or remove much tissue or the blood supply to my nipples will be seriously compromised and could cause me to loose the nipple. Anyhow, I am anxious to get this fixed but I do appreciate my doctors patience at taking the time to see where things settle before we do this. I may even add a little something else while we are there if I can afford it. : ). My doc is also going to pierce my belly button for me which is something I have been a little chicken to do. Well, that's my update. Angie if you want anything else from me pictures, video or whatever please let me know. Was it worth it? Most definitely the BEST thing I have ever done!!!!! Besides my children of course but I love myself now and my body and shopping etc etc!!!
Hello, For those that have had the Breast Augumentation/lift.. Ive heard that you may loose sensation in your nipples. Have you experienced that?
Yes, I have a higher sensation in my right side than my left but in my past surgery 17 hrs ago I did get the sensation back. I think it is a risk you can't avoid. But I think most people have at least some sensation but I'm no expert.
I had my surgery on Monday and I'm too scared to look at my tummy. My boobs look huge and I like them. I hope I get similar results with my tummy. You look amazing. Right now, I'm still mostly in my recliner with a Vicodin every four hours. I get my drain out on Tuesday. Did the drain removal hurt? Did you feel much better with it out? I feel like the drain pushes on my bladder and I can feel it inside me. Did you notice relief when it was removed? Have fun on your vacation. I hope you're showing off your hot bod!
First of all, thank you for posting your pictures, pre and post surgery, it is difficult to find "REAL" pictures on the internet. I had my mommy makeover consultation today with Dr. Doan in Huntington Beach. I was very impressed with his staff and of course with him. I will try to keep everyone updated. My target date for the surgery is in late August 2010. Mrs. La la (Sandra)
Thank you for your comments. I felt like there was not many pictures out there of heavier women who were getting a mommy make over. All I kept coming across were women who barely needed a tummy tuck and I wanted to see if it was worth it for me to go for it or if I had to wait till I lost another 20+ pounds. I'm amazed at my results. My pictures without clothes on do not even begin to really show how much better I look. Hope you make your August goal date. Keep a record and post pictures. It is an amazing feeling to see the change. Good luck! Make sure you post. Michelle
Hi Michelle, How are you feeling so far? Hope your results are what you expected. I am excited about my makeover, it's been a long time coming! I plan on keeping a blog type journal and post lots of pictures :) I want to put myself out there for women who want to see the patients side of the procedures. I will definately keep you posted :) Post new pics if you can!
I defiantly will post some new pictures as soon as possible. I have made another short video of 1 month after that shows everything but I have had trouble getting it to Angie to upload. I may have to do another one. I am on vacation now and dealing with a sick child to top it all off so I will try to make it soon. I think it's great you are going to do a blog and post to help others. Not only does it help other women it is a great thing to have for yourself too. I am so surprised when I look back at the wonders my doctor has done and I am still healing. Good luck! Michelle
LOL! My man loves my look. I have gotten noticed so much when I have been out and about and that never really happened before. : ). Sure makes me feel good!
You look amazing! You have such dramatic results in a short amount of time. I hope I look just as great. What does your man think?
Yahoo!! LOL. Drain came out this morning! Just in time for my reunion this weekend. I love the way my clothes fit and how I look in them. Down another 2 lbs this morning which I bet some is from fluids finally starting to go down. One thing I am concerned about is the puffiness still under my arms from lipo that I expected to be smaller by now ( I know rush rush rush). And another concern is the volume above my nipples. Particularly on the left side you see in the new picture. That was a major concern for my doing the lift and I'm not sure if the implant is high enough or if it has bottomed out which I really don't know much about I wanted nice round full breast with centered nipples so I have to discuss this with the doctor on Tuesday when he is back from vacation. Otherwise I'm great and everyone says imlook good too! ; )
You are looking wonderful!!! I'm one week behind you. I don't think I'm healing nearly as well as you! I wish I was where you are are at! I'm pleased with my results but my healing is taking longer than I'd like. You look amazing!!! Congratulations!!!!
You look awesome. And thanks so much for sharing your journey. It means a lot. Looking forward to the next video installment.
Thank you so much for the photos! I think you look really good for the amount of post-op time!! Congratulations and happy healing! Please keep the updates and pics coming! Tomorrow morning I go for my surgery. I'm so nervous!! I'm impressed that at day five you seem to be standing up-right. You're definetly and encouragement to me.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. When I look at the pictures with the bruising and swelling they don't look so great but in real life in the mirror I really look much better. When this swelling goes down I think I will be so extreamly happy. I will keep up with updates and you should post some pics too. Good luck tomorrow! Rest a lot.
Glad you are on the road to recovery now:) I'm right behind you so keep the up-dates coming! I really appreciate your comments.
I am happy for you. What do you need help with? Are you able to get up on your own? Sleeping in a recliner? Get some rest! Have you been sleeping and napping this whole time?
Definitely need help a lot getting up and down. Back and everything hurts and it's hard to get up and down the first couple of days. I can only seem to sleep comfortably in a recliner. I have really been wishing I could lay down on my side because that is how I sleep and my neck hurts so does my behind. LOL. I napped a bunch for the first 21/2 days but then things started to turn around and I have started to feel much better. I think I wll really start to go stir crazy tomorrow. I also wish I knew if I could take off the binder and bra for awhile. I just can't wait to be free.
Wow, I'm back. I sure didn't think I would take this long to get back online. I have just have not had much desire to get on the computer or phone or anything which is not usually like me. Could be my pain medicine. Or perhaps the pain hahaha! Geez I guess I was kind of nieve of what the pain would be like. I thought I would be pretty easy going with the meds and because of the pain pump. It has gotten easier everyday but I feel very tight and like I'm full of gas. I have a hard time going pee and usually turn on the water to get me going. LOL I think that is also due to the numbness from the pain pump. I have been drinking a ton because I feel so thirsty so I have to go all the time which is a pain getting up and down. I had a follow up appointment the next day and everything looked so great. My breast have not leaked and oozed all over which hopefully is normal because I'm real happy about it. My stomach is real swollen but looks nice and tight. I have one picture I will try to get over to Angie soon. My doctor was so cool about all of this he brought his video camera to the surgery. I am not sure what he filmed after I was asleep bur he asked me if I wanted him to film me some and I said sure! He also had some beautiful flowers for me when I was finished. I had his cellphone number incase I needed him for anything I could reach him immediately. Tomorrow I have to have my pain pump removed and I didn't want to make the long trip to his office so I am going to try to remove it myself. It is suppose to be very easy. My son just got a fill camera today, maybe I'll record it for you! Well I am sure I have rambled on and on. If you have any specific questions please send me a message.
I hope your surgery went well. Excited to hear from you.