Septorhinoplasty - Boise, ID

I have hated my nose since I was 10 (I am 25 now)....

I have hated my nose since I was 10 (I am 25 now). I always wanted plastic surgery, but didn't think I could do it because of the finances. I finally decided that I could figure out the finances because it is something I want that badly. I am about to become a teacher and hope to be married soon and I don't want to feel self conscious about my nose while starting my career or look back at wedding photos and feel so sad about my profile.
Just this month I went to an ENT about not being able to breathe out of my nose, but he told me everything looked good. So I just went to a plastic surgeon in the area who I had heard good things about. He saw me the next week and told me it looked and sounded like I had a deviated septum. After referring me to the ENT he works with, I found out I did have a deviation and enlarged turbinates.

I was afraid my insurance was changing and I would have to start my deductible over so my surgery was scheduled quickly (10/25/12). I am at 6 days post op right now. I have had surgeries before, but still became very nervous the night before. I had a great experience at the surgery center; they took great care of me! I did have throat pain from the breathing tube, which is made worse by having to breathe out of my mouth which causes dryness. I have also had some mild pain in my ears and mouth, which I was told is because the sinuses were worked on. My bruising was not too bad, but I did get very swollen. My face swelling has gone down, but I can tell my nose is still pretty swollen under my cast. I did have a lot of nausea but Zofran, soda and crackers helped a lot. I basically just slept the first 4 days and have only been staying awake yesterday and today. I can tell I tire easily and have tried to lay low. I would suggest a vaporizer or humidifier and waking yourself up to sip on some water to help with the dry throat.

My cast comes off on Friday (November 2nd). I am going to focus on the fact that I am still swollen, because I have heard people are disappointed at first. But I think I will be very happy with my results!

The kids in my family have all inherited noses from my parents. My father's is wide on his face with large nostrils and my mother's is very long. I used to be grateful for having inherited my father's nose because as a child it was a "button" nose. However, as I began looking at my siblings and mentally noting how awful their noses look, I also look at mine! UGH! My nostrils are very small and the slightest touch to it sends me into a frenzy of uncontrollable sneezing and eventually stuffing up to the point of being unable to squeeze any air through. I will have to check into a care plan that may or may not investigate medical issues with my nose. However, your nose looks totally natural and gorgeous! I always thought nose surgery meant you end up with a tiny nose like Joan Rivers and Michael Jackson... you know, one that fits on a Barbie doll? Yours looks great!

Yes, please post pics of your recovery! And how was the cast removal? Was it as painful as everyone says?
Cant wait to see results since my nose has a similar structure

It has been 2 days since my cast removal. The...

It has been 2 days since my cast removal. The actual cast being taken off was not painful or uncomfortable. The splints coming out was uncomfortable because they are so big and they have to fit out of the already sore and swollen nostrils. My doctor's office informed me that many patients feel depressed and/or regret after they first see their noses. Knowing this, I really felt like I prepared myself to realize that it would be a change and that it would be swollen for the first few weeks. I still got very upset when I first saw my nose with the cast off. I don't even really know why; it was just a weird feeling to see this new nose on my face. It is definitely swollen and bruised, but I am liking it more and more just in the days since. It is weird to still have the tip be numb, but I was told it takes awhile for the nerves to reconnect. I am excited for the swelling to go down and for the feeling to return to normal (and obviously for the pain to be gone!)

What a great outcome! Your bump is gone, and your nose looks very natural. Congratulations!
I will get pics up soon! The cast removal was not painful at all. The septum splits were uncomfortable coming out (they are way bigger than I thought!) and the stitches felt like pulling hairs, but overall it was an quick easy process.
Quick and easy sounds good!

It has been 6 weeks since the surgery. I know my...

It has been 6 weeks since the surgery. I know my nose will refine out over the next year or so, and look forward to the final result, but am happy with the results. It is weird that the nerves are still re-attaching and the tip is therefore still pretty numb. The tip is also very hard and stiff. The whole thing still hurts if I accidentally bump it, but is not usually sore otherwise. I also have hard bumps (scar tissues) around the incision sights just inside my nostrils, which my ENT said will soften up over time.

Also is the 6200 in addition to your septoplasty? I think your results look great and I'm also in Boise. Thank you so much for the review.
$6200 was total for cosmetic and medical.
Who was your Dr?