Vi Peel Was Swapped out with a 20% TCA Without my Consent

I booked an appt for a Vi Peel at at Board...

I booked an appt for a Vi Peel at at Board Certified Plastic Surgeon's office. They knew what I wanted and I expected that procedure. After I left I called to ask a question about the follow up care and came to find out she decided to do a 20% TCA peel on me instead of the Vi. She never asked me or mentioned to me this TCA. In fact, during the procedure she lead me to believe it was the Vi. I am so upset and scared. I have never had a chemical peel before. What if it was too strong for my skin.

The overall procedure was fine. She put on 3 layers and stopped when the pain was at about a 7. I am just concerned with the ethics of preforming a procedure without my consent. I specifically went in for the Vi.

Which is a stronger peel, the Vi Peel or a TCA Ultra Peel I? I went in for a Vi and the Esthetician took it upon herself to give me a TCA Peel. I found this out after the fact Was I duped? Will I get the same sort of results? Should I contact the Physician in charge?

a VI peel is much stronger and aggressive than a Blended TCA Peel. She was wrong for not informing you, however you are not very informed on chemical peels if you wanted a VI and are upset because she did a PCA Peel and you think its stronger than the VI.

I'm an esthetician in Southern California. I work with PCA and let me tell you.... Ultra Peel 1 is a FANTASTIC peel solution. It is a great alternative to the VI peel because is does not over stimulate and aggravate the skin. The peel solution you received can have up to 4 layers. You were not duped. PCA is very "user friendly" and is the only peel solution I have used that delivers powerful results without destroying the skin. Don't forget that all peels work best in a series and you may need additional peels to receive maximum results. Also, depending on your reasoning for wanting the peel....you may see additional benefits up to six months later. This is when the collagen in your skin regrows and 'plumps up' fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars and more. Hope this post helps!

If you went it to have the Vitalize peel that peel is a weaker form than a TCA peel. TCA comes in different strengths. It is a powerful peel. It was very wrong for her to do something you did not give her permission for. I would take to her supervisior. I have been doing peels on patients for 15 years. Vitalize peel is done with a .3% Retinoic Acid. It can't hold ground with TCA 30% Like a Blue Peel.