Areola Reduction - Boca Raton, FL

I asked my PS to do this because she left the...

I asked my PS to do this because she left the areola too big from the original reduction/lift surgery. She also left my breasts too big. Needless to say, even with her wonderful staff and lovely bedside manner, I do not consider her an artist. I believe she gave me what she thought was appropriate for my height/build which is 5'8" 135 lbs, but the fact is I requested (over and over) to be a B/C cup instead of my original large D; I am now a small D...so that surgery was not satisfactory and I felt not worth the money. Please girls: Get pictures of how you want to look. I felt I could have been lifted higher.

I was shocked that the areola was left so big and I believe she charged only $250 for the revision because I was so unhappy with the entire procedures. I'm only less than a week post-op and still have tapes on so cannot see the result. Before you have surgery, be very specific as to how large you want your nipple area to be. I'll update you as I heal. There was some post-op pain taken care of the pain pills. (I had no pain from the orginal reduction/lift surgery.) I hate not to recommend this PS because she is so caring and lovely. To sum up - I think she gave me what she thought was right; not what I asked for. I was supposed to morph into the tear drop shape, but haven't changed one iota from the post-op look from the reduction - which is not the best looking shape. I did the orginal surgery because I was so uncomfortable with haveing such large breasts, which were beginning to sag and be very uncomfortable. I have dense breasts which is why I needed to go smaller. She only removed 6 oz from each breast - not nearly enough. At least my nipples should look normal. I'll update you as I heal.

Hello! I have read through your review and comments with much interest. I am new to the community however have been reading everything for a few months now. I had my reduction 15 days ago. I was a 32 DD/E UK SIZE. 129lbs, 5'5 31yrs. I was very saggy, always had large breasts then breast fed both my babies for a year and hey presto....was left with very little volume and a lot of saggy skin. I have wanted a reduction for many many years. After deciding we're don't with having more babies I went for it. Did my research, found a good surgeon. We don't have insurance cover over here so I payed for it privately. £6000. I agreed with my surgeon to be a B/C. Small C, large B. Surgery proceeded on Dec 20th 2012. When I first came out of theatre I looked down and everything looked good. The surgeon said to me straight after surgery 'managed to take you to a B' I really hope I didn't dream this as I was still totally out of it at the time. I had some crazy boob dreams before and after. Anyway, I never had drains in so I got very swollen. I looked like I had implants. I was impressed with the shape. However the size was slightly concerning. The swelling has reduced a bit now however I am never going to be a B cup I know that. I am so used to having no volume on my breasts that whenever I look down they appeared even bigger and fuller than they ever did. I want to love them, but I feel like I am not really much smaller. Yes they look good naked but they still look bulky in clothes. I wanted to look svelt, as I am quite boney. I just wanted my breasts to look in proportion to my frame. I know I am just at the beginning of this journey and they will drop and 'fluff'. I have always been a 32 back size PS told me to get a 34 C which I am popping out of. I tried on my 32E old sports bra and it fitted me perfectly. Glum. I am considering asking for a revision if things have not settled to my satisfaction after a year. However I feel like I might have a battle on my heads. I too feel like the PS has given me what he thought was best. I have not met up with him yet just nurses. I have voiced my concerns. Feeling a little down hearted. I know realise the amount of expectation I had on this not to mention money!! Thanks I have really found your review very helpful.
This is so frustrating because it happened to a lot of us. I was a DD; told surgeon B or small C. Ended up with D. F/u with another PS with vaser Lipo - Now a B/C. Cost a ton by the time I was thru w/both doctors. I didn't swell a lot w/either procedure. I think most of us feel that you'll see your corrected size by 4 months. Complain NOW - ask for a revision or vaser lipo if it's an option for you. I'm tall & slim and wanted to same look as you did. I still don't really have it, but much better. Good luck.
Thank you for informing us about what you are going through. Still being too large is my biggest fear from this surgery. I will take lots of photos of small high breasts to my pre-op visit. I hope yours settle into the size and shape you want. A good bedside manner is no substitute for getting what you asked for. The surgeon should make sure you are happy with the final outcome.
Our height & weight are the same to a T and I am getting the same procedor done. Do u mind posting before and after pics including where a pic of what it looked like when done and u had to go back in? Privately is ok too. Casey.1979@yahoo.com
HI - I'm thinking you addressed this to me. I healed perfectly from the areola reduction; and 6 months post op, had vaser lipo to reduce the post op breasts that were left too big!! Now I'm a large B or small C from a DD and fine. I don't have any pix to post. Sorry. What else are you having done?
Well, I'm happy that you are more satisfied with your breasts, Fan! :)
Fan, did the vaser lipo change the shape of your breasts much? I.e. did it take away from perkiness?
New PS made them less "boxy" and took away from the "side boob" which I hated. I think it's tough to be perky at my age - 55+ but they're fine the way they are - altho he says they will shrink up a bit more. I mainly wear Genie bras because they are the most comfortable. Perhaps when reach their final size and the scar tissue swelling goes down, I'll be able to wear different bras - altho I hate underwire. I did just order a couple from Soma to try. I am much happier now even tho I was not planning on having f/u lipo, but was so unhappy with original surgery I felt I had to do it.
Hi - My original PS left aerola too large - almost 2" inches in diameter. So, she reduced them to 1 1/4"...BUT I should have told her one inch because the do stretch out. I had it done 6 months post-op. It was done under local w/no problems. As a f/u to my surgery, from which I was highly dissatisfied, I had vaser-lipo and the doctor removed quite a bit and brought me down about a half size...but could be more. I'll know in 2 more months when I'll be 4 months post lipo. He said at that point, it would be possible to do a bit more under local if I want it. I'm a C cup; would prefer to be a B, but better than a DD. Z - I couldn't find your pix. I didn't have implants because my breasts were dense enough for fullness. How are you feeling?
Hi! I wanted to ask you how you healed from your Areola reduction? I had my lift and implant done 6 weeks ago and I don't think my doc made my nipple small enough. It was a little smaller when the tape and stitches came out but as my implant dropped and softened up it stretched out as I can see. I know there is only so much they can reduce it but I think he could have made it smaller.... I have my 6 week follow up on Wednesday and will address the issue. I wonder if I should just leave it alone.... I love my new breast but this is something that bothers me as I paid almost 10k for this surgery. You can see my pictures under my review , I think I'm right....
Dense is better; sometimes if breasts are very large & fatty they need to use an upper implant even w/the reduction to avoid sagging. I'm pretty much in proportion and altho I'd like to lose 5-10 lbs, I'm satisfied w/my figure. Big boobs def make one look heavier. Basically, she took out 6 oz from each breast; I feel it should have been more like 10-12 oz. I have to come to terms w/it, which I've pretty much done. I think the lolli is probably a better choice. Thank you for being so kind and patient w/me!
well on the positive side, dense breasts give a fuller look from what I've understood. I think mine are quite dense too, although if i were to lose 20 lbs, i'd go down to a large C cup,so there's quite a bit of fat in there too. I totally get your desire for a lithe sleek look. I have always envied that look on other women!!! and the ability to move around in ways that large boobs inhibit. Are you pear shaped, or do u have small hips/waist and are more top heavy due to the breasts? I have always felt out of proportion, even at my thinnest, because I was top heavy. Tiny butt, no hips, big boobs. Apparently the dream body for some, but not me. I always felt I looked heavier than I was, and was constantly trying to lose weight just to decrease my boob size. I'm short though, unlike you (5'3) so I look even less lithe and sleek with the boobage, lol lol.

What's important is that you have the nicest breasts possible, and it really seems that is the case. Did you look at before/after pics with her today? If so, does she seem to leave breasts larger rather than smaller? I could be wrong, but I have noticed that breasts seem to appear larger (and may even BE larger) with the lolli. I'm unsure what technique I should go with. If ever you feel comfortable emailing pics, I'd be curious to see the lolli result on u. I have no doubt they look great.

So..... that said, you healed marvelously, have symmetrical breasts (which is more than everyone with reductions can say), have great top fullness, and a lifted youthful shape, and now have the areolas that you wanted. I suspect that with time the disappointment (size wise) will fade and you'll enjoy your sexy perky upper body :D I truly wish you satisfaction, I really do! Note, that I totally understand your dissatisfaction though. I am very picky, do tonnes of research, and generally hold high expectations, so..... I get it!

ps my mom's friend said it was a year before her breasts took their final shape....
Well, I went to the PS today for her to check the areola which are healing fine. We had a long discussion. She only uses the lolli because it gives that better conical shape. Even on VERY big breasts. I can live w/what I have which is a small D or large C...and I was a DD. I am definitely lifted, altho that initial lift doesn't last so they have dropped a bit. She pushes the tissue up to create fullness. My breasts are symmetrical w/a good shape, so that is that. She said a revision is VERY risky with me because I had radiation years ago. My own internist told me the same. I healed from the initial surgery miraculously well, so she said I would be foolish to take a chance and she wouldn't do it. I do trust her.
I'm 5'8" about 135 and wanted that sleek, lithe look that you cannot have with big breasts. Yes, I would like to be a B cup, but that was impossible for her to do based on the blood supply, however, I still feel that she sort of did what she felt was best for my frame. I hope you find the right doctor.
One more thing: I asked about lipo...she said my breasts were so dense that it couldn't be done. They may get fattier as I age, but I'm already 55+...she said it would be like going thru cement. Most women my age have fattier breasts...
....and also, I wonder if the density of one's breasts is a deciding factor in how they morph post op. i.e. if they "drop" alot, and in your case take on the tear drop shape or not.
Mine never took on the tear drop shape, and aside from a little dropping, they are exactly the same as they were the first post-op day! I think the morphing appears more in girls with the super huge br.
Are you very unhappy with the size? Is it still making u uncomfortable in your clothing? I've done a tonne of research on the lollipop technique lately, and it definitely creates a different look than the anchor. The anchor flattens the breast whereas the lolli is conical, and makes the breast appear larger and fuller in a sense. Just like the wire bras that are more pointy in shape -- they push the tissue forward and into a point. Apparently the lolli gives a more desired feminine perky shape that lasts longer, and gives fullness on top. So, in comparison with others who have the anchor, u may feel that yours are bigger, but the shape is different.... Would u want to be a full cup smaller?
Hi Aurora: Update. I had an appt w/my regular doctor yesterday for a check up. He examined my breast job and said the PS did a very good job re shape, and the lift was tight. He couldn't say why she didn't take more and told me to ask her that today, which I plan on. He said I could have it redone, but there is more danger of things going wrong a 2nd time. He said I healed amazingly well, which I knew and I think I would do well again. He said a PS will usually give a reduced fee when they know a patient is unhappy. He knows the PS and saidi she has a great rep. He did give me a couple of other names, but only one of them didn't have bad reviews. Just not sure what to do. OK - have a good day. I'll update later on.
A small C is what I wanted. Just keep drumming that into their head. Yes, 1 1/4" is good. I actually asked Kimmers to measure hers for me! I'm off to regular doctor today just for check and asked his office to get the operative report - so If I need it for futures, I'll have it. Better than if I asked for it, right?? More later.
I'd like to go to a small C cup.... I really like CKmia' size and breezyday's...
Hi - my breasts were pretty symmetrical to begin with and are now also. The shape PS gave me was good, just left breasts & areola too big. The tapes kind of came off by themselves this a.m. so I saw the new areola which are the correct size - shape seems fine altho there is some puckering which is normal. My appt is Thursday so I'll let you know what she says. I've researched both cuts and keep seeing different answers. The anchor is more surgery - and perhaps used for HUGE breasts - in the H and J category. If you are a D/DD, I think they can do the lollipop. Do you want to go to a C cup?
Apart from being too big, were yours symmetrical? Did she do a good job making nice round even circles? I have appointments with 3 more PS's coming up. I found one who did his internship/residence with my preferred surgeon. He now rents an office space from him, so he must be pretty good. I'm seeing him on Feb 16th, and ratmds.com had a comment mentioning he is one of the few Montreal PS's to use the vertical scar technique..... God I just can't wait to find the right surgeon and get this show on the road!!!
*woops, meant ratemds.com
Oh, yes the areola were symmetrical and round because she uses a cookie cutter to outline the shape...she must bake some pretty big frickin cookies judging from what I was left with!!!
pouaahahahhaah!

all joking aside, using a cookie cutter is a good idea! I will ask my PS during consultations how they outline the areola..... very important question to add to my already long list... I do not want to ever return for more surgery. One time deal, please!