17, Nose Job, Florida, High School Senior - Boca Raton, FL

Hi everyone! My names Rachel and I'm currently a...

Hi everyone! My names Rachel and I'm currently a senior in high school. I'll start off with a little bit of background on myself. When I was in 7th grade (12 years old) I started getting teased about my nose. I'm Italian and people would always make fun of me and call me names like "Big Nose" and "Pinocchio". I went to an extremely small school to where I was in classes with the same 22 people all day every day and I was made fun of every single class. My mom promised me that if I still wanted to get a nose job after I graduated (as a graduation present) then she would pay for it. And that's exactly what's happening!!

Although I used to be bullied in middle school, once I made it to high school I was never bullied and this year I have gained amazing confidence. I love who I am and I'm not embarrassed of my appearance like I once was, but I think a nose job would make me even prettier and feel even better about myself. I researched a lot online about local plastic surgeons and I finally found a review on Real Self by another girl who had almost an identical situation as mine and who got her nose done by Dr. Jacob Steiger so I researched him and absolutely loved what I saw. His work is amazing.

My mom and I booked a free consultation and made our way to Boca. After showing me digital imaging of what my nose would look like, I was hooked. My date for the surgery is June 19th and I am SO excited. Dr. Steiger was very intent on making very minimal changes in order to keep my appearnace relatively the same to where not many people could tell I've had work done. It will look completely natural.

I have a 2 week post op so I will be posting again then!!

What a great time to get rhinoplasty...right after graduation! I'm sorry you were bullied so mercilessly, but it sounds like you have learned a lot and have really come into your own. Awesome attitude! I'll be watching this space for your updates.
It's definitely made me who I am! Thanks for the support! I'm excited to update you all once I get my pre op!
You must be excited! I wish you the best. Please update us.

Pre-Op!!!

Hello everyone!
So Monday I had my pre-op for my surgery which is June 19th! Basically I was told all about the care I need to do for myself before surgery and some procedures.
Tomorrow I start on taking 3 all natural pills every day until the day before my surgery (this is to help with bruising). The main thing I was told is about icing every 20 minutes under my eyes the first two days immediately following surgery so I don't bruise too badly!
I can't have any food or drink after 12 a.m. the night before my surgery, which is at 11 a.m. the next day..., so yea that sucks, but hey I'm so excited still!!!
I have to make sure I'm completely clean before surgery, this includes NO perfumes, lotions, makeup, hair product, basically anything I could put on my body, I think this is so nothing can interfere with my health/safety as they perform the operation.
Dr. Steiger came in and took some final pictures and asked me if I had any questions at all. I think I'm going to choose for my tip to be a little shorter, but he seemed fully confident this would be an easy fix that I only need remind him about the day of!
Of course I forgot to ask about when I could wear sunglasses again, but I googled it and I found I should wait about a month! Speaking of waiting... I can't exercise until about 2+ weeks after surgery which stinks! And I can't be in the sun really until after a month... Living in Florida and constantly going to the beach this is going to be so difficult.
I'm planning on watching Netflix a ton while I'm recovering! I've already got an idea of the tv series I want to see. I'm also planning on reading a lot and having my friends come by just to see me so I won't be too bored while my parents are at work!
The support I've received is so helpful! My family and friends were originally so against me getting a nose job but now they are totally supportive.
I can honestly say I'm not nervous... Yet. Okay yea I'm nervous for anesthesia because I've never been under except when I was a baby. But, I trust my doctor 110%. He knows what he's doing and he has put me at ease.
Now the waiting begins! I'm so excited for my results, yet anxious.
After all, this is a permanent change. No going back.

To be completely honest I did have second thoughts a couple weeks ago. Stuff like "how can I expect my future kids to truly love themselves if I'm getting surgery to change my appearance?" But you know what? This is for me. My heart is in the right place and I think it's completely normal to question yourself!

I know these reviews aren't nearly as enticing without pictures. I originally had reservations about putting pictures up, but I've decided I'm going to!! I probably will next week sometime so you guys can truly see the transformation! AHHH I'm so excited! I can't believe the day is almost here!!

Please feel free to leave questions or comments (:

Post Surgery

My surgery went great!
The whole week before I could barely sleep because I was so anxious, but the night before I was totally at ease and the morning of I wasn't nervous at all!
I wasn't in any pain, but I was extremely sensitive to the pain meds so I had to stop taking them while recovering because they made me so sick.
The night of my surgery Dr. Steiger personally called to check on me and make sure everything was going alright.
I didn't have nearly as much swelling as I would have thought.
When I got my cast off I immediately noticed the difference in the bridge.
Swelling is continuing to go down. I am beyond happy! I saw a teacher of mine from 2 years ago and she still recognized me. It is SO natural. I still look like me, just a prettier version of myself.
It's so great to not be insecure about my nose anymore. Dr. Steiger gave me a confidence I can't even begin to explain. HE IS INCREDIBLE.
If I had to do it all over again I would only go to him. He is extremely kind and understanding and really cares that you come out feeling confident and looking your best. I can't stress enough how much I recommend him.

I can't wait to continue my transformation!

Photos

SO Happy

Beautiful results! Thanks for sharing!
With the IV sedation Did you feel anything during surgery or hear anything? I'm worried bc I herd you are conscious with iv sedation.
Sorry for the late reply, Not at all! I don't remember anything except for going to sleep and waking up. No pain, no sounds, no nothing!

Thought of another procedure

So I've been thinking lately I might want to get one more procedure done! The tip of my nose is slightly higher than what it used to be, so naturally I think my top lip looks noticeably smaller. I have thought about getting a lip lift done by Dr. Steiger.
I'm not sure if I will actually go through with it, considering I don't know the cost and haven't discussed it with him yet, but I will definitely update if I decide on anything!

Beautiful
Aw thank you!
Perfect cute nose!

4 Month Mark!

4 Month

Looks a little different when I have makeup on, maybe I just think that though haha

So im thinking of getting this done myself. But it im SUPER scared lol. Mostly of the recovery time. And because I have never been under anesthesia before. How was your recovery time? Ive read most people's reviews on their experience and most of them say it wasnt that bad. But im still VERY nervous about it all. havent had a consultation yet.
I had never been under anesthesia either! I don't know why, but going under doesn't scare me at all. It's like falling asleep. I only had my cast on for a week and I had to sleep with my head propped up each night (which was worse than the pain in all honesty lol). I got by with just taking Aleve rather than pain medication. There was never a point where I was in "pain", just times when the feeling was uncomfortable and I had a lot of pressure, but then again, I had a lot done: narrowing of the whole nose, tip work, and removal of my bump. I would definitely recommend scheduling a consultation! I originally planned to see three different doctors, but I did research on Dr. Steiger for over a year and was completely sold (and the consultation was free, unlike others that can cost $100 +). If you really really want it done, the pain won't scare you as much when you think of how happy you'll be after the procedure. Just make sure you know you want to do it (:
Im 17 too, is your nose still hard as a rock too?
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon