35 ,2 Kids and Ready for a new flat tummy - Jupiter , FL

I have been unhappy with my tummy area for a long...

I have been unhappy with my tummy area for a long time, no matter how much I have weighed. I have been 150 - 210.currently at 200 and am trying to get back into a healthy weight and lifestyle. Which for me being 35yrs old and 5'7 I am comfortable at 170..Today I went for my mommy makeover consult. I feel like I could use a breast lift as well as tt but with my clotting disorder the Dr feels it's safer for me to do one procedure at a time.

Anxious .. Confused..

So my immediate reaction when I went for my first consult was excited and I wanted it ASAP as well as the fillers and obagi skincare etc. I put $3000 on my credit that day for all that.. Now.. I love the results I got from the bolatera around my under eye bags ,volumax in cheeks and juvaderm in smile lines..it's still bruised but I can tell that it going to have taken 10 years of my face...however I'm having second thoughts about booking my tt with him until I meet at least one more Dr. I have hears so many bad experiences that make me think..how will I KNOW I have the right Dr. The one I met this week (Dr. Farber) seems safe and knowledgeable, and he says he thinks I'm going to get great results. But I'm nervous to book the first one I meet.
Btw I will add pics soon.

Don't believe everything you see

I wanted to add one of my "wish pics" that I showed the Dr.. He immediately said "no , that is not real".. With all the photo shop and editing pics online and in magazines , I have to be careful about my ideas of perfection.

Here it is ..my reality

Although I am months from a tt I will post this pic now to motivate my weight loss efforts.

Booked it! Sept 8 :)

So i went to visit another doctor and I am so glad I did. Although I like the first one they were both very different and I have a lot of things to compare each have their own approach to my surgery. I chose Dr. Rankin. He will perform the surgery for my tt and also some lipo around hips. $7000 approx. he agreed that I should wait to do my breast lift at a different time. Since I have lupus anticoagulant. It's too much surgery at once. Has anyone else dealt with this? I'm glad to have my date set and keep focused on my weight lost now. I will post pics but haven't got the courage to yet. I thank you all who have share your stories and pics.

Question for all you ladies who have been through tt.

I read that some people experience a decreased appetite after a tt long term , has anyone else experienced this?

My before..

I have lost 6lbs in the past 6 weeks, and am feeling stronger.

Dream body

8 weeks pre op

I am still eager to have my tummy tuck but a bit disappointed in myself that I have not lost weight like I thought I should. I just hope that I can still have a great result regardless,and continue after to tone up. My goal was 10-20 lbs lost prior. Only lost 4 :/

counting down!

Went for pre op visit and am paid in full. It's starting to really feel real now. I have just one more visit to my hematologist for clearance because of my lupus anticoagulant. Gathering up some supplies and got everything at work covered for 2 weeks..I hope that enough time for me to recoup. Dr says my version of edited photo maybe achieved with further lipo in the future to narrow my waist more. I wish I could fast forward 2 months.

all clear and ready..anxiety setting in.

My hematologist has given clearance for surgery, that was the last thing to do. My lupus anticoagulant will require me to start lovenox injections after surgery and he wants me to start back my baby aspirin daily. I guess that pretty routine , I just worry about bleeding, swelling, delaying healing..my mind is busy and getting nervous now..I hope 2 weeks off from work is enough..I hope my husband isn't too burden with all the recovery.. I hope my kids are not upset seeing me out of commission.. pain? ..I'm a strong woman but oh God please let these pain meds do me right :) I have to ask about pain pump..does everyone get this? or do I have to request it? Also I am still thinking about buying a shower chair and a potty lift..any suggestions please? Is it necessary??

Surgery day success

I did it! Tummy tuck removed 5lbs of skin and fat, they said. I can tell my middle is much smaller already. I haven't looked under my binder yet, can't stand well , sore throat,sore, burning, meds are good, but definitely needed anti nausea pill with them. My hubby and sister are being so good to me, thank god , I couldn't imagine being alone, no freakin way.

Btw

Dr. Rankin and staff are great! So attentive, kind. Really happy with them :)

2nd day post op

"Swell hell" I've read it before and now I know exactly what they mean..ugh..
today I made a trip back to dr. Rankins office for check up, and it tired me out. I got my first peek at my results and it looks great, I'm not up for posing for pics yet, sorry.
Something's that I'm grateful that I read here..
- My recliner chair, I've been in this chair most of the time and sleeping in it
- dulcolax stool softener , I still have no had a bm but glad I've been taking it
everyday.
- shower chair, I can shower tomorrow so I'll be glad to sit in there.
- bromelain & arnica supplements ( to help swelling and bruising)
- wet wipes
- of course my pain mess but also one for nausea
- wonderful hubby and sister taking care of me :)

Take your stool softeners girls!

I've been taking them since sept 6 and finally today I had a bm sept 11! Finally! It's the little mile stones that are getting me through this. Like getting up out of my recliner all by myself last night. :) I'm allowed to shower but afraid.lol. I know that sounds silly.

Emotional support

It is normal to feel all of these things..
sore
bloated
bored
anxious
restless
unable to sleep at times
During healing, my abdomen may:
be asymmetrical
be lopsided
be swollen
be bruised
be tender to the touch
be firm or hard
break out with acne
experience irritation from the tape or anesthetic
have a tingling sensation
be numb
I also realize that the subtle changes or flaws that I may see in the mirror may not be visible to others because I am my own worst critic. I realize that once I heal, my changes can be seen with the help of before-and-after photos. I realize that if I do not like the end result many months from now, after I am fully healed, I can approach my surgeon about my dissatisfaction.
From thattummy tuck.com

1 week post op tt

I'm going to Se Dr. Rankin tomorrow. My fluid is done to about 20cc today soybean getting the drains out. That will be awesome since their really cramping my style. Lol no really I had to go out today since cabin fever is setting in, and had to dress baggy enough to hide my grenades.
I think now that my mind is clearing and I taking less meds I was anxious to get out off the house. I am almost standing straight but still too much pulling and tight sensation to become straight. So in turn my back is sore from being hunched over. Every day getting better. Pics coming soon.

1 drain out, 1 to go

If all continues to go well, I'll have both drains out by the end of this week :)
I'm so excited to see this transformation continue. I'm so motivated, I have been eating so clean and lean. Once I'm safe to workout again I know it's going to be all so new.
Dr. Rankin

NICE FLAT TUMMY&BB LOOKS FAB!!!
Yeah thank you!
Your tummy is gorgeous!
:)) Thank you, I can't believe it
YAY for no drains I know the feeling of concealing them LOL!! I did the same thing. Let us know how it goes.
Congrats&Happy Healing!
Oh I go through these emotion in multiples DAILY!!! big sigh. I am not holding my, looks, my surgeon or my emotions accountable until I hit the 6 month mark LOL!! These are all 100% normal for sure!!
I know it! I have not been to critical yet since I know it all gets better with time.
I understand the shower fear. It appears that you have a shower chair so that will definitely help. I also used a lanyard to clip my drains so they would not hang in the shower. Make sure you have someone with you at first in and out the tub. My dr instructed me to turn my back to shower head and then let that water trickle down to front. I also have detachable shower head so that helped me clean your purse and concentrate on all other areas giving me that clean and refreshed feeling. Happy healing.
Yes! I clipped my drains on a rubber cord and used hand held shower head last night. It was so nice to wash my wash and freshen up. Ty for suggestions.
Hello wanted to stop by your review so I can follow your journey too :) congrats and happy healing !
Thank you!
Please rest and take it easy. Each day will get better and better. Don't rush your body so you will avoid any set backs. I'm praying for you a speedy recovery. Be blessed.
This is my 4rd day PO appetite is real low but I drink my protein smoothies. Swell oh yes got it bad and sore. But pain is not bad at all. Wish you a speedy recovery take one day at time .
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Excited to see your results.
Hey! Your case looks a lot like mine. I don't think your wish pic is not real. Surgeons do that to get our hopes and expectations down and then surprise you. You'll see you'll have a wonderful result, I can see it in your actual body. God be with you! :)
Thank you! I think it's funny because I see your before pics as being much thinner than mine, it's funny how we judge ourselves. Hope you're well.
Hello Boca. I am in West palm. I am getting my mommy makeover in 2 weeks. I agree that safety comes first. And they recommend 1 surgery at a time then that is how you should stage. Hoping everything goes well for you!
Yes I'm glad now that I did not do my breast lift.at least for now.i can heal one surgery at a time.
I just had a TT, liposuction in 8 parts of my body, BA and fat transfer to my butt. I lost my appetite but I still eat anyways. I have been drinking coconut water, jello, oatmeal, homemade soup, toast, and salads. Eat things that are low in fat but for filling. So your body heal faster coconut water is very good for that so I heard!! Good luck and thank you for sharing your story!!
Hi! IEEE and want the same type of surgeries you had. Would like to know if you can share the price you spend and surgeons info, please. Thank you for sharing.
I had NO appetite for the first couple of weeks, then it slowly came back. It's important to eat very healthy during the healing process. I had to force myself to eat...hubby is a nurse so he made sure I had good protein and lots of healing foods. I agree with khaotickat, to be in the best possible shape helps in the recovery. Good luck honey!
I think it's best for you to go to as many consults until you find a Dr you are comfortable with. I saw four before I made my decision. I think its also best to get down to as close as you're ideal weight. I find that being in good shape has really helped in my healing. I'm three weeks out and feel really great.
Good luck, I would definitely get a few consults. I think you are spot on with losing a little more weight and add strength training. I spent 6 months at gym prior to surgery and has made a huge difference in recovery.
Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! Definitely better to be safe. Will you be consulting with other doctors or do you feel you've found the right one?