Third Time's a Charm... - Boca Raton, FL

I've suffered from underarm sweating since I was...

I've suffered from underarm sweating since I was 18. It's constantly hampered my ability to feel completely confident talking in a group of people, or out on a date talking to someone across the table.

Eight years later, I believe I tried every prescription antiperspirant under the sun and nothing works. I will be a full time teacher here in the fall and the last thing I want to worry about is how much I'll be sweating into my polos. That said, I've vouched for the Miradry after reading some of the reviews on here and around the web. Hopefully it will be quick and successful.

I'll follow up regarding my visit/procedure soon.

So, its the 18th of July 2012. After qualifying...

So, its the 18th of July 2012. After qualifying for the care credit online, I called Dr. Skellchock's office this morning around 9:30. I told them that I had a job interview tomorrow and am going on vacation in a couple days so if they could squeeze me in it'd be greatly appreciated. They did just that.

I came in for my consultation at noon, where we reviewed the procedure in detail, pre, during and post. I then proceeded to the room where they had the machine, took off my shirt and lied down on the table. The nurse was very friendly and outgoing (and professional). She started with a series of numbing shots in my right arm, which indeed caused numbing. My my first three fingers also went numb and swelled a bit, but with no pain. After the shots, she began the microwave treatment one suction at a time (yes is suctions to your skin) working her way over the entire area until she was done. The same exact process for the left armpit as well.

Timewise this treatment took roughly two and a half hours, from consultation to payment. I've just gotten home and have been swapping out ice packs (she gave me some extras) to help with the swelling. Full dexterity has returned to my arms and hands but the bottoms of my forearms, elbows and upper arms feel heavy and are still numb.

As it stands, no sweat. I'll be wearing an orange polo this afternoon to put it to the test. I'll follow up in a few days.

Well it's been about three months and I am...

Well it's been about three months and I am starting to sweat again. It was my understanding that sweat glands do not regenerate. The first month was great - no sweating at all. Now, it seems as if things are slowly being undone and I am becoming more and more certain a second treatment is necessary.

Hopefully the second time at the higher setting will work - permanently...

So it's been a few days after my second procedure....

So it's been a few days after my second procedure. I really have nothing but positive feedback thus far. My second time in went better and was less timely than the first. Because I started to sweat again we elected to do a 'wider spread' - or a larger treatment area using the same setting (3). Afterwards, the typical swelling again in the same areas but this time around much less noticeable. I think it's because the majority of the glands had already been nuked the first time.

Follow up from the office was good afterwards. Special thanks to Megan.

Anyways, with this treatment I've decided that time will ultimately tell whether or not the procedure turned out to be permanent. As discussed before we even started, there is a goal in all patients to eliminate the majority of sweating, if not all of it. All in all I've had roughly a 80 percent success rate from my first visit and hopefully the second will maintain roughly a 90 percent elimination or above.

This process has been life changing. From my perspective it's a huge confidence boost and has allowed for a more 'colorful' selection of clothes.

I'd say its worth it.

I'll write back in about three months with another update. Any questions feel free to ask.

James

Today I had my third treatment. Yes, a third...

Today I had my third treatment. Yes, a third session with the Miradry machine. I believe it to be my personal body chemistry, but I wasn't seeing a significant reduction in sweating after a few weeks passed after the prior two procedures. I'm not sure if it's my body chemistry, or maybe just the change in atmosphere, or whatever.

Thankfully the good Doctor Skellchock allowed a third treatment on a higher setting. I had received two '3' treatments prior - the second of which with a larger 'area'. This time around they bumped it up to a '4'. That being said, the amount of risk increases with higher settings. Since I had no unpredictable side affects before, I decided to accept the risk.

The procedure itself was roughly the same as the last two. I had the friendliest of CME's (I think that's the correct term) and the great conversation really made the time fly. All in all customer service is top of the line.

So the great wait begins. Hopefully after this third treatment my sweat glands will stay defeated and the majority of my sweating will be a memory.

I really appreciate Doctor Skellchock's practice seeing this through and making sure I was happy with my results.

Updates will come in a few weeks.
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. Skellchock's office is a twenty minute drive south of where I live. I guess I lucked out.