Terrific Results! -Boca Raton, FL

The skin under my eyes was saggy and drooped below...

The skin under my eyes was saggy and drooped below my orbital bone. People were constantly telling me I looked tired. I visited several doctors. Most suggested a blep, but the doctor I ultimately went to said a blep was useless because there was no fat to be removed from my eyes. The laser procedure was half the price of a blep, so I decided to go for it. I'm not sure of the exact laser he used - just it was CO2 (fraxel? Not sure?). It only damaged some of the skin, allowing for a quicker recovery. It took six days before I could cover up with make up and go out.

Day 1: Doctor gave me shots of Novacaine around my eyes. This seemed to take forever and was somewhat painful, at one point it was extremely painful. I was offered a valium before hand, but declined. My eyes and other parts of my face went numb - it was uncomfortable. He then zapped around my eyes, which was scary at times because he opened my eyes, but he never missed :). Afterward he layered on the aquaphor. The drive home was miserable because I could not close my eyes and they watered like mad. I felt better after a few hours when the anesthesia wore off.

Day 2: My eyes were sore and the skin turned brown. I kept the aquaphor on as instructed - I was told to do this for the next 4-5 days.

Day 5: The brown skin sloughed off and my eyes were very red. I could actually see the laser marks.

Day 10: Eyes are still swollen and a bit red. I was told they can be red for 2 weeks up to 2 months. However, I cover it with make up and leave the house.

The skin is tight and smooth, but the rings are still there. The doctor told me I should consider fillers after 6 months. Apparently, collagen will continue to grow for up to 6 months. Will see how it looks after 6 months and then decide on fillers. He said the fillers can last up to 2 years.

1 Month

My eyes are still red and maybe a little swollen. I can see some of the rings, but that was expected. The skin is a lot tighter and I am still happy with the results. I visit the doctor again the end of March. It's my understanding that it will take up to 6 months to see the full effect. He suggested fillers for the rings. If it is not too costly I may try it, but I am not aiming to look 25 again. I just did not want to look so horribly saggy.

I wanted to answer some of the questions in the comments. Aquaphor is like Vaseline. And no, I did not get pure C02 laser. I got fraxel repair - will try to move my review. I am of the impression that C02 in not used often because one can achieve the same result with less downtime with fraxel.

I am not sure about volume loss. I had no fat there to begin with. I have researched a lot of skin tightening procedures that use infrared light and/or radiofrequency - and there may be loss there, but that's a different thread.

I am not sure what the scare is about having C02 and blep together. My mother had pure C02 and a lower blep about 6 years ago and she still looks great! However, she was in a lot of pain and had a long down time as she had to use the aquaphor for about a month and was red - really red for 3 months.

I say you need to research your doctor and have full trust in him or her. I visited several doctor's before deciding on Dr. Myers. You can read my review for Jessner's peel to get an idea of the doctor's I visited. I kind of went off on a tangent.

I have taken pictures at 3 weeks and 1 month, which I plan to post soon. Unfortunately I have been really busy with work and kids, but I promise to get them uploaded soon.

Thank you for all the comments. I really enjoy sharing my experience.

Updated Picture

These pictures are at 3 and 4 weeks post procedure. I love how my phone camera distorts me. Ugh. I will try to get better pictures.

Latest Pictures

Dr. Myers

Dr. is great, but the staff weird.

I am 4 weeks post CO2 and just as red as day 1...is this normal?
Actually...the redness is deeper
Yes, I'm still red too.
Can you give us an update? At this point, are you still glad you did it? I'm scheduled for CO2 lasering under my eyes on Friday (along with surgery). I've been weighing whether to skip the laser, since I'm so worried about results and prolonged redness/swelling. Your eyes look great at Day 10!
Still glad I did it. Now looking for fat transfer to take care if the hollowness.
Your results look great and it really helps to hear your step by step process so please keep us informed as I'm looking to have the c02 laser on my whole face and neck which is more intense but even more extreme results. WHAT IS AQUAPHOR? I'm most concerned about long term redness and also if there is any possibility of melting the fat so we end up with a loss of volunn. I already have hollow undereyes but with crepiness when I smile so that probably won't be a problem for you.
Thank you for this review. I am scheduled to have this procedure next week (along with an upper and lower bleph) and am pretty freaked out by all the negative reviews. I'm only having it around my eyes, and haven't found many reviews of eyes only. Can you give us an update? Is there still redness? Your photos look great and it looks like definite improvement after 10 days!
I just went to a lecture Jan 17 about all the different natural face procedures and I can clearly see that the c02 laser done by a good doctor has the best and most extreme results but also the most downtime and risk. Dr. Susan Roper in Clearwater warned about not doing surgery at the same time for several reasons so I would be careful about that and I would also want a dermatologist do it even though you probably paying less having it done with the surgery. In fact, sometimes, having the laser, you don't need to have surgery and that's why I'm doing it first and decide if I still need eye or neck afterwards. Call her office and ask them why it is recommended not to do at the same time. She will be doing another free seminar Feb 14 and if you can go, it is VERY HELPFUL to see the pictures and ask questions.
I am having C02 on entire face, eyes and neck this Friday. I will be posting my journey as well
Salify, I called the doctor's office to clarify about having surgery at the same time and the nurse said it is recommended to wait one year because the C02 tightens the skin over a year and that if done together and say the level was turned up , a person could be left not being able to close your eyes. The redness is suppose to only last about 3-4 months and all the follow-up is KEY.... with true C02 where they hit every molecule...not every other which is what fractional means and there is a quicker recovery but less results. I can see why it is important to go to a doctor who does this all the time and tailor's the treatment to each person's skin type. I don't think the woman above had TRUE C02 laser as she would be a lot more raw. It's too bad that everyone uses different terminology that get's confusing what they are really having done because every machine is different. fOR EXAMPLE...The doctor whose lecture I went to owns several machines so she can custom to the face and not just have to use what she bought or the one she has rented. Have to ask a lot of questions. As I said to someone, it is more cost effective to have your whole face and neck done for $4000 than $2000 for various parts separately. Seems like a lot but the results are truly stunning even on eyes and that's why I'm holding off on any surgery that I thought I needed for eyes and lower face.
oh please continue to update, this is so helpful to hear the details, I wish you well!
Welcome to the community!! Looks like you are having great result so far, I can see improvement already! Was it painful?