Getting my Saline Implants Removed Without Replacement - Boca Raton, FL

I got saline implants under the muscle 3 and half...

I got saline implants under the muscle 3 and half years ago. I was a 32 C to begin with and just wanted fuller breasts. Well, I ended up with too much fullness. Too big for my frame. I'm now married and planning to start having kids in the next 3 years or so.
Implants were 375 filled to 420. They are heavy and get in the way and have started sagging a little. I just don't want to deal with future surgeries.

My surgeon suggested to remove the implants without removing the capsules since they are soft and very thin. I don't know how I feel about that but I'm trusting his opinion. He also said since I'm young my skin my go back to normal ( not 100 percent though) I don't care if I end up with flat saggy boobs I just don't want to deal with foreign objects in my body anymore. I'm thinking about getting a lift later on down the road.
Ill post pictures soon.

Ok Today was the second day with empty boobies....

Ok Today was the second day with empty boobies. They are saggy and my skin has stretched out on the upper pole. They don't look anything like they did before breast augmentation. My nipples and areola look horrible. Thy are stretched out. I def need an areola reduction later on. I don't know if I'm a candidate for a lift. I'm gonna wait for at least 6 months before I made a decision. My surgeon knows I'm planning on having kids so he suggested not to do anything until after that. I love his honesty and he's an excellent plastic surgeon. My first BA was with another doctor. He did a good job but my mistake was that I left the size up to him. He chose too big of implants for me but I can't change the past.

Today is the 3rd day post op. I feel great. Last...

Today is the 3rd day post op. I feel great. Last night I was in so much pain. But today I feel much better. I am using a firming lotion from Clarins on the upper pole of my breast to help the skin retract. I also have a glycolic peel that I'm using to help with skin tightning and collagen production. I hope they get better. Ill post more pix today

I'm healing nicely .. Sleep much better at night.....

I'm healing nicely .. Sleep much better at night...I saw my doctor yesterday and everything looked good to him...
I also had a consultation for fat grafting to my breasts...it seems like a great idea but I don't have alot of excess fat. Plus I'm afraid to do it..ill just wait and see how my boobies look in 6 months to a year..

Natural is good ! Light and free ! I wish someone...

Natural is good ! Light and free ! I wish someone could tell me this when I was young and made the decision to get implants. I feel so confident now without my giant boobs. I can't wait to get on the treadmill and start working out without my boobs getting in the way !!!

I'm very happy that I removed my implants. Of...

I'm very happy that I removed my implants. Of course I wish I never got them in the first place but I can not redo the past. What's done is done. I'm happy and thankful that I have my health ! At this point in my life I feel comfortable and confident in my skin even though I'm far from perfect. I used to be so active but the implants weighed me down so much ... I've already started working out and feel a big difference. Still taking it easy thought. My breasts my not be perfect right now due to having the implants in place for a while but I don't care . I love being natural !!!

11 days

11 days already. I've bought some new bras :) all 32 D ! I look SOOOO much better in clothes ! I look a lot slimmer than what I was before too !
I keep using skin care on my breasts to help my skin heal. Even though I bought new bras I try to avoid wearing regular bras unless if I have to. My stitches are still kinda sensitive and I don't want to put too much pressure on them.

5 months post

It's been five and a half month since I got my implants out. My skin has retracted so much and the scar under the fold of my breast is almost gone. I'm so glad I got the implants out. I feel great great ! I don't have to carry the weight on my chest anymore. I'm all me and I love it !
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

I know your procedure was a while ago but I was looking at the results and it looks great. I've had 2 breast augmentations first time with 280 cc and second time was looking for a small lift after giving birth to my son and ended up following the doctor's suggestion that getting a bigger implant will fix the problem. I never wanted large breasts and he suggested 350cc. I asked him if he didn't think that was too big for my frame (I'm 4-11") and he said I may not even change bra size. Well I did, and have gotten even bigger after gaining about 10 lbs. I haven't been happy with them since the moment I stepped out of the second surgery. I want to go back to natural but I don't think my results will be as good as yours since I had a lift around the nipple with the last procedure and I've had implants for a total of 13 years. I would probably need a lift but I don't know how I'll feel about the scars. Another issue is that I don't even know how to talk about it with my husband or anyone else. I am afraid they'll think I'm crazy with all these surgeries back and forth. I guess I should start by consulting different doctors. Anyway, sorry for venting here. Just wanted to say that you look awesome!
I'm sure you look great, but I understand how you feel. I, myself was unhappy with the size of my breast, but non of my friends or my husband thought they were too big for me. I too had gained weight and that added to my insecurities about my breasts because they were super big with 15 extra pounds !! Lol for me the issue was getting pregnant with already large boobs so I decided to get them out. I got them out and lost the extra weights too. I suggest you try to lose the extra weight before you do anything because you may be very happy with your results afterwards. It took me over a year to fully recover and I still have loose skin...my skin didn't retract completely..I def need a lift but I can live without it for now :) I think you shouldn't think too much about your size and if after you lose the weight you're still unhappy, you can just get smaller implants :) I hope that helps...
You look amazing. I applaud your decision to remove them. Long live freedom!
Thank you so much !! I feel great !! :)
You look great! I'm 4 days post explanation from Pozner as well. Best thing I ever did!!!! :-)
you look awesome. Thanks for sharing your story. I had mine taken out three weeks ago. I'm in in a bit of pain with one side, but so glad I removed those things!
Thank you ! Just be patient. Your skin will have no elasticity in the first fee months but it will getter day by day. I've been sleeping with a sports bra ever since. I'm going to keep doing that for a year. And if I were you I would get my implants out, give my breasts 6 months to a year to heal and my skin retract and then consider a lift :) good luck :)
Wow, I cant believe how much change has occurred over 5 months for you, you look great! Congratulations, I hope my ex-plant/capsulectomy is as successful.
Thank you ! Just be patient. Your skin will have no elasticity in the first fee months but it will getter day by day. I've been sleeping with a sports bra ever since. I'm going to keep doing that for a year. And if I were you I would get my implants out, give my breasts 6 months to a year to heal and my skin retract and then consider a lift :) you may not need it. good lunck:)
I have a question for all you ladies that have explanted probably 6 months or more. If you lost nipple sensation with your BA ,has it improved at all with implants out? I guess results may be very different for those of you that have had surgery through the aerola . I had the breast crease procedure with 270 cc implants and have significant loss of feeling which I really regret. I look forward to your true comments.
I did on the very first surgery. Only on one side however. Never came back.
Hi Hun. I didn't have lose of sensation so I don't know...
How lucky you are. It is the one major thing i wished I could get back. Its been a while now 4 years so I dont expect any miracle but heres hopeing.
Hi Thank you for your reply. Well one was better than both. Obviously this problem does not bother everyone but for some its actually life changing in certain situation. still never mind I will no doubt find out for myself soon.
I know some women have had sensation return after explantation. So, it's definitely possible!
Hopefully it will come back :) be positive :) are you planning to remove your implants ?
Thank you for that. I guess I can at least hope. It would be incredibly wonderful if it happened but I wont rely on it. We are all different. I hope you are still doing well. I take it you never lost any sensation?
Hi, Yes I am. I have had PIP Implants for 4 years. I am lucky to have had no problems that I am aware of. I have always thought they were too big for my frame . I had 270cc so I am told, we will see. I have never felt confident as I hoped I would.I try to hide them and not show them. I did it for myself and I am removing them for myself and I really cant wait. I am just waiting for confirmation but my plan is June 18th 2013. I hope you are still doing well.
I lost a lot of nipple sensation and hoping it comes back as my breasts heal. :-)
I would really like to know if you get any recovery as time goes by. Fingers crossed for you : )
Madisyn, of course everyone is different. Yes, you could get sensation back but I didn't on one side. :( That doesn't mean that you won't.
Thanks, I will definitely let you know! :-)
Good luck Hun ! Just be patient after the removal as they change all the time. Give you body time to heal and your skin will retract . I'm very happy I got rid of mine :)
You look great! I hope you don't decide to do any reductions or lifts. Your results are fantastic!
Thank you. I'm not rushing to get anything done anytime soon. I want to give my body a chance to heal :)