All Grown Up and Ready for a Change - Boca Raton, FL

I am 36 years old and had a breast augmentation...

I am 36 years old and had a breast augmentation about 9 years ago. I had just had a child and was not planning for any more children at the time. I was probably a good size B at the time. My chest had changed a bit, but looking back now they were still very perky and beautiful. I thought that I wanted to go to a size D. I was 120 pounds at the time at 5 feet 5 inches. I was surrounded by large chested women and thought that is what I wanted. I change the size several times before the surgery and ended up with saline implants 500cc filled to 550cc. I was a size D and for a while I loved them.

I decided to have another child 3 years later and my chest increased to a E! I have lost most of the weight that I had gained, but my chest was still a size DD. Even when I lose more weight, my chest stays the same. I am now about 135 pounds. I feel like I cannot wear the cute styles that I like and the weight on my chest makes me look heavier.

I have been looking into removing my implants for over 3 years now. I have seen several doctors who all have their opinions and I am careful to listen to them all. Some say I will need a lift and that I should also have new smaller implants put in. I don't want all of the scars if there are other options. I have wanted to have the implants taken out to see where my breasts go after 6 months and then decide what my best option would be. I feel that when people change weight their skin changes and retracts...so I think breasts may do the same.

I found this wonderful website and I have read so many of the stories and have found that what I want to do is not as uncommon as I had thought. One post in particular (Bella6862) has really helped. Her pictures were such a help and her constant updates gave me hope. I happen to live in the same area and I had already done some research on the Dr. That she had used.

I had my consult yesterday and I am happy to say the Dr.Pozner is on the same page with me. He understands my concerns and feels that I am making a good choice. His recommendation is to drain the implants, and see how I feel after a few months. That is exactly what I wanted to do. He said that it is an easy and cost effective procedure that can be done in his office.

Surgery Set

I'm excited and nervous as Dr. Pozner empty my implants on Thursday. I thought that it would take a while to get in and that I would have more time to deal with the emotion. It cost a lot less that I was expecting so it made it easier on me.

I'm nervous about how my husband will feel about the way I look natural as he has always known me with big breasts. He is supportive as I have been talking and seeing doctors for over 3 years.

I will make sure to post pictures!

36 DD 500cc filled to 550cc

Getting Nervous

I picked up my medication today... It's all becoming so real! I keep looking in the mirror trying to imagine what I will look like...

Today is the Day!

I'm so excited! Today is the day... So nervous!

15 min

Really stressed! Waiting for the doctor!

Deflated

My implants were drained today. I am feeling great. They are very flat, but I should see some more fullness in a few days. I plan to give my body 6 months to adjust and then I will be able to determine if I want to do anything else (smaller implants or lift)....
But I have a lot of tissue so I am thinking I will be happy and just take the shells out. I will add photos and keep posting! No pain at all at this point!

The Morning After

I had my implants deflated yesterday late afternoon. I feel lighter today. My breasts are a bit tender where the tiny incision is, but no need for any medication. I was much more worried than I needed to be.

My breasts look funny and pretty flat, but I know that it will take time to even out a bit more. I look different in a shirt as I look thinner... Now I just need to work out at tighten the rest of me that I had let go fo far too long! ;)

5 Day Update

I am feeling pretty good. It does feel weird to have the empty implants in and there is an area that pokes at me from the inside. I am not sure what it is, but it is on both sides...It might be the area that the implant was originally filled at? I will talk to my PS this week about it and discuss with him if I will always feel it. I am happy with the size and some fullness is coming back. At this point I feel that I may just leave them and not do a lift, smaller implants or even fat grafting... but I may change my mind. If I do decide not to do any other surgery, I will have the implant shells removed... but I will wait at least 6 months for that.

1 week after

I am feeling really good and have no regrets about having my implants drained. I am probably going to have the shell of the implants removed as there is a poking feeling from the inside... I wonder of it may be where the saline implants were filled. I will discuss this with my PS when I do a follow up.
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon