41/42 Years Old. Saline Implants for Two Decades. Hoping to Feel Healthy and Natural. - Boca Raton, FL

I am 41 and will be 42 this year. I had small...

I am 41 and will be 42 this year. I had small breast that did not even fit an A-cup. At 21 I had saline implants put in under the muscle. I was so happy to be voluptuous and to look so good in and out of clothes... I have always loved full, shapely breasts since I was a little girl and was disheartened to find that mine never grew past the prepubescent stage. After I had a child at age 24 and breast fed successfully, I developed the double bubble, because my implants were too large for my body, that the bottom crease was lowered.... during and after breast feeding, my natural breast became bigger, so the natural crease was evident, causing the double bubble effect. On a positive note, the extra breast tissue caused a more natural feel to my breasts but only on the portion of my breast that was actually real. Beneath and surrounding my real breasts, was the evident hard distorted muscle and the hard saline implants. My breasts were "half hard, half soft" as my last girlfriend put it. In certain positions, my breast really looked deformed and weird, like bending over, because the real breast would dangle around while my chest muscles and implants remained hard. So it very weird, and I had always been careful from then on what positions I found myself in in any situation. But with clothes on, or a bikini, I still looked beautifully full-figured.
About ten years ago, I was ready for a breast implant removal and a lift, knowing that I would be very small-breasted, but wanting my health back. I was already feeling the effects of having toxic stuff inside of me. As well, I had had (around age 25) a dental implant that contained titanium, which also contained some nickel, which I found out I was allergic too. Just last year, I had that thing removed finally when I met a wonderful dentist who showed me that my mouth was infected by it (previously, dentist after dentist told me it was fine, even thought my head wanted to explode). The dentist who told me the truth is a dentist who specializes in non-toxic dentistry, and I am grateful for him for having saved my life and for his honesty. I still have a cap that contains nickel and I look forward to getting that out as soon as possible, when I can gather the money. So, on with the story.....
around age 25, when I was ready to try to feel healthy because I knew the implants were toxic, I didn't have enough money for the procedure, so here I am years later, looking toward student loans to be my help and healer. I have just my implants drained on 4/21 of this year. I went to Doctor Pozner in Boca Raton, who has a vibrant, positive energy and seems to usually be in a happy mood. And I like people like this. Now, don't expect him to understand that breast implants are toxic, because he is either in denial or who knows what.
I knew that the best thing for my health would be to remove the implants enbloc, that is, to have the implants removed with the capsules entirely as one item per breast, because this minimizes exposure to further toxicity. However, I opted for the drainage first because I knew that this would allow my skin and tissue to do some healing before deciding on what to do next, for aesthetic purposes. I am paying the price health-wise for this decision, as I know I have been exposed furthermore and more directly by the drainage procedure to 20 year old toxic saline. Lately, since the drainage, I feel sicker than ever. But I try to be a pretty positive person, and I know that the toxicity will eventually be healed when I have had a chance to have all toxic stuff (including toxic dental material) out of my body, and my body will have a chance to detox. So, after wearing a big B-cup (although I looked like a C-cup), I am back to not even fitting an A cup. I like it when I touch my breasts and I feel soft breast tissue (although very little of it) instead of all that hardness. I will wait out the time to see how my breast skin and tissue heal and look to see if how much fat transfer I can do and how much of a lift I might need. My hope is to take out enough student loans and to find a doctor who will do the breast implant removal, fat transfer, and lift if need be, hopefully for a very good price. I would like to talk to some doctors about an internal lift, as pictures on the internet of this procedure look wonderful with minimal scarring, as opposed to traditional breast lift procedures.
The drainage at the office of Dr. Pozner cost $500.00.
If you all have any questions or advice, feel free to hit me up, because that is why we are all here.
I love you all and all your breasts, small, medium and large.
Thank you for your support in being here and sharing this site, and blessings to you ALL!

Two months after drainage, implants still in, studying options, having faith in miracles

I am posting 11 photos today, that I took earlier today, so that is exactly two months since drainage (note, implants are still in, they were drained of the saline two months ago)....
I have retracted very well, but am still droopy...
The doc who did the drainage has quoted me with some options:
A. implant removal alone..........................................$1,700
B. implant removal and lift.......................................$6,200
C. implant removal and fat transfer to breast.........$5,310

a fourth options, which would be implant removal, fat transfer to breast, and a lift (which would be optimum aesthetically, would be about $9,200 ... and that is out of the question.
My parents and student loans are helping me out with this, not some rich philanthropist.

The 11 pictures I am posting include some of me holding up my drooping skin, imitating what I would look like with a lift (without any fat transfer to the breast).
You may notice that I have gained much weight, and this is because I was hoping that the new curves would go to my breasts.... but, if it did, only a little bit did.
I would like to gain some more weight and do the fat grafting option... I know my breasts will still be droopy, but why do I need to have perky breasts anyways??? I am 42 and have breastfed a child...
So, droopy but fuller seems like the happier option for me.

What do you guys think?????? :D

Two days until surgery

Hello friends.
My surgery is on Monday.
My sergeon, the delightful Dr. Pozner, has aided me in affording three procedures:
The explant of the bags, the fat transfer (which is like two procedures, actually; lipo then transferring the harvested fat), and the lift.
Dr. Pozner feels that I will not be happy without a lift, but knows that the fat transfer was most important to me. So, He made everything affordable so that we will both be happy.

I have nervousness/anxiety about doing all procedures at once, hoping that all can heal well, hoping the fat cells that will be transfered to my breasts will mostly remain... And, I am really worried about breast lift scars.
When he spoke of a lift, he mentioned the lollipop procedure. I really don't want the vertical scars. I don't even want to be overly perky. I would love a benelli lift... and have that incision around the areolas be the only incisions, for the implants removal and for the lift.
I don't even know in what order the procedures will be done (??????)
Like, explant (which can be done by incisions through the areolas) first, then (somehow with areolas held in place) the fat grafting, then the lift (?????)
My surgery is on Monday and I don't even know these things!!!! Yikes. I'm nervous.
But I have a real positive feeling about this. I really love my body, and it will be amazing if the results are good, I will look so incredibly good, its nuts.
OKay, I hope all goes good. thank you all who have read and/or commented on my review, and thank you all whose reviews have given me hope and inspiration.
Until my next review, friends, and I'm looking forward to being on the other side.

They are OUT

They were removed yesterday... I explained to the doc, I didn't want the lollipop scars nor a too perky lift. Surgery went well and the doctor, the anesthesiologist, and rest of staff were so kind and comforting and professional.
Today, I went in to have the compression around my breasts removed, and I have never seen a prettier sight. They are so pretty. I will post pics soon, as now I am in bed and on vicoden.
there is minor bruising from the lipo, and some pain in my breasts, but all is manageable.
Fat was taken from my abdomen and back area... nothing from my legs or under buttocks... so maybe that can be reserve in case I want to do another fat transfer procedure in time.
Well, I look so good. I am so happy. And finally, those things are OUT OF ME... YAY!!!!!!

2 days post op

I'm very happy. Last minute, I told the doc, I don't want vertical scars, so he obliged me with a benelli lift. The lipo places hurt the most, but the pain is very tolerable. I have had no crazy bleeding (no bleeding at all) and I don't have any drains. And, I look great. I hope the fat lasts. Pictures of lipo places will come later. Btw, hardly any bruising on lipo areas. I feel so fortunate.

5 days post op

Hello, Friends.
I thought I would impress you with my fine use of Windows Paint, to show you where my lipo incisions are and where I have some minor bruising. You will also note some swelling. The red arrows represent the lipo incisions, which are 5 in all. The purple arrows represent where there is bruising, which I consider very minor in comparison to some after lipo pics I've seen. You will also note that my breasts still have swelling and bruising. The green represents my modesty, similar to how Eve must have felt when she hastily gathered leaves of nature to cover her nakedness.
I still feel great and am happy with my decision. I got to see Dr. Pozner briefly on Friday morning, and I gave him a hug and thanked him from the bottom of my heart. I really really am so pleased with these results.
You will also note, no fat was taken from my legs/thighs area at all.....
Wow, my boobs would have been huge.... well, maybe I can use that fat at a later time, but I have a feeling, that I will retain enough fat in my breasts to make me really happy. When I heal, I shall get back to ballet class and get my booty back to its proper shapely shape, and then, I'm just gonna be like "Wow!"

10 days post op

This is the first day I am doing my own tape... the doctor's office does not recommend scar guard tape or anything like that... the nurse gave me a roll of medical tape, and I am to do my own tape every 3-4 days until the three month mark. So, I took the opportunity to take some pics without the tape on to upload today.
Some bruising, although very minor, can still be seen on my breasts.
You will see that my non-real crease (the one that was formed when i got implants put in) was used to put fat in... rather than my real crease, if you compare with my other pics. I would have opted to not do that and instead inject the fat in my all natural breast, but I never got to talk to the doctor about where the fat would be injected... I didn't take any opportunity to let him know I wanted my natural crease... but maybe it was for the better... he is the surgeon, he probably knows best. Maybe they would have looked real saggy or something, idk....
Well, I'm still totally pleased with the results and am amazed at how fast my incisions (around the nipples) are healing. It is such a trip to think that my nipples were off of me for a certain amount of time. I totally have sensation in them, though. I had also forgotten to tell the doctor that I did not want my nipples made too small during the procedure(s)... but, he made them nice.. not too big for me, not too small for me, just how I imagined them.
It was somewhat challenging to do the tape by myself, because it's scary taking it off. But I just did it very slowly and carefully.
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

I am so pleased with my results.

HI. your results are amazing. I haven't been on this site in awhile. I ended up getting a seroma in my right breast and Dr. Pozner has drained it 10 times. Needless to say, I need the capsules out but he keeps wanting to suck fat out and put in my breasts and then do a lift which I don't think I need (I've already had one) and if I get one, I do not want that lollipop scar again. My husband works in the EM and sees women coming in with hard marbles in their breasts from fat transfers because some of the fat can get necrotic and make hard balls. Also, the fat may even not stay with weight fluctuations. I really think it's a quick money maker for them. Anyways, I'm looking into other doctors that do not try to sell me on something I do not want.
I'm sorry to hear that you ended up getting a seroma. Always go with your instinct and if you feel you need to find a different PS then listen to that. I remember your profile - your post explant pixs really looked amazing. I hope you are able to heal this little hiccup very quickly and FEEL healthy and good about it all.
thank you, I think love it, and am so happy.
I just looked at your profile pics, and it looks like the seroma is better by the latest pic. I don't understand what a seroma is, so I don't know why it has to get drained. I certainly wouldn't want to get a breast lift either if I were you... your breasts are located perfectly on your body, and you have lots of natural breast tissue... I think you look awesome, alisapac.
there wasn't any fluid in any of the pics (just maybe swelling). A seroma is just a fluid filled sac. The sac is the capsule that surrounded the implant. My capsule was so thick that fluid keeps filling in it. they have gotten about 25ml out each draining. I only get it drained because it hurts. If it didn't hurt, I wouldn't bother.
Oh... I'm sorry about this... your review probably explains why, but, why weren't the capsules removed when the implants were removed?
He said that if I wasn't putting anything back in, there was no need that my body would "reabsorb" them in time.....no such luck
Oh my! I like to believe where there is a will there is a way... I imagine that your body will take care of this in time, especially with lots of raw foods and juicing... I would even look into food grade hydrogen peroxide, which I believe could dissolve the capsules.
Looking great girl so happy for you!!
thank you. And look at you, allnaturalplease!!!! Only 7 days out and you look amazing... the surgical scars are healing beautifully. Your natural breasts are sooo beautiful. I think your idea to do a detox is a very good one... as soon as you are strong enough to do it. I couldn't even juice today... I started my period, so on top of pain from surgery, I got that pain too.... I was like, screw it... but I really want to juice.. I asked my mom tonight to come over tomorrow and help me juice :D So if you do a detox, let us know what procedures you will follow and keep us posted on that.
Oh I will girl Thanks for encouraging words and sorry your hurting a bit now. . You are in your way though and you look great already!! Please keep me posted also on your juicing also. :-) xo
Okay, I'll have to do a review update and discuss some juicing recipes.
WOWZA - you are healing up so nicely! I know what you mean about having the nipples removed during surgery (this was done on my 2nd BA) - very weird to think about. Yours are healing beautifully! You look great - thanks for sharing!
Thank you Happy and Holistic! :D thank you for your comment about understanding the weirdness about thinking about the nipples not being on our bodies... temporarily... I mean... How weird!!!
IT IS VERY WEIRD and something I just can't wrap my brain around! Yours are really healing very well. Are you applying any special creams to the incision site?
No, the nurse said not to, that that would irritate it... I have been juicing when I can, and also, when my mom comes to help me juice.... which I wish was daily... also, I do a lot of green smoothies, and also, I drink homemade kombucha everyday.. Also, I am taking vitamin c two times a day, and omega oils once or twice a day, and now I'm also taking zinc, and I have been taking bromelain... the juicing is a big big thing. I believe that no matter what is on the outside of the body, the most important thing is how healthy the inside is, and juicing is a marvelous way to fill the blood stream with nutrients and chlorophyll. The kombucha may be a big helper too. Juicing, kombucha, and green smoothies are things i was doing before the surgery too. Now that I am only taking the vicoden at night, however, I am in more pain than in the beginning.
Let me correct myself: now that I am only taking vicoden once a day, at night, I am feeling more pain than I did in the beggining... I was probably in more pain than, but I wasn't feeling all the pain I was in. That vicoden is pretty addictive, but I am sure gratefull to be able to take the edge off when I want to sleep at night... I am taking tylenol (generic) during the day sometimes, and at night so I only have one vicoden at night.
We have similar lifestyles - I too am a big fan of juicing, green smoothies & kombucha. I'm vegetarian (mostly vegan) and go out of my way to eat organic as much as possible. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. I hope the pain subsides and tomorrow you will feel none of it! Keep us posted!
Oh, thank you, Happy and Holistic... that would be great.. if tomorrow... excellent! your healthy lifestyle! I want to stop eating animal products soon,,, it has been weighing really heavy on my mind, lately... interesting for that you mention vegeterianism and veganism... awesome. I also am gluten free... I found out that gluten hurts me, so after some time, I learned to avoid it successfully.
Ilovebreasts....There are two very good resources I would recommend - check out online Kriss Carr - she is a dynamite gal with lots of positive energy who healed herself after a horrible diagnosis. She has a free email newsletter you can sign up for and tons of info on her blog. Then there's Dr. Joel Furhman - he's written a number of great books - my fav is Breaking the Food Seduction. IF it resonates with you then GREAT - if it doesn't, that's okay too....it may in the future. They both just make a lot of sense to me. One thing I noticed after being vegan (only 3 months ago) is that I feel lighter, less bloating in the midsection and my mucous production is far less and clear in color. You know your body better than anybody and it sounds like you care about feeding it nutrient rich foods and that's really the key (along with an lifestyle) to improving the quality of our lives as we age. Wishing you a pain free day today!!!
I totally understand the mucous thing... dairy is mucous, so if we don't eat it, our bodies are cleaner = nicer days :D I've been dairy free before too... and I've been vegetarian (lasted for a few years), and I've been vegan raw foodist (lasted a short time but I never felt better in my entire life!) I know the vegan raw food lifestyle is what has most amazing for me, but I would like to find a way to do it (first afford it) without becoming skinny... I want to find a way to do it and stay curvy. I love been curvy :D But I also love the wonderful feeling one gets when they eat only raw foods (no brain fog.. at all). OKay, I will check out Kriss Carr... the name sounds familiar. I know of Furhman but have never read that book.... will check it out. Thank you :) anyways, the reason I've been thinking about stopping animal products isn't because of health reasons, although, I am already aware of the health benefits... It is because of spiritual reasons... I was to live with more benevolence counsciesely... I love animals... so, why do I eat them? that is the irony. anyways... after the meal my mom made a couple nights ago... I'm one step away from not eating animal flesh..... one step away, because I'm still craving a salmon cooked just right.
I understand completely - check out the website - Compassion Over Killing (dot net). There is something to be said that when we eat animal flesh we absorb not only the hormones that were injected in them but the emotions that animal went through when it was slaughtered and THAT is something that bothered me to the core. Having said all this - I respect whatever decisions people make about their food choices....totally a personal choice.
Beautiful results!!! Your whole body is fantastic, actually! Huge congrats to you! Doesn't it feel so amazing to be free of those things? Lol. :D
It does... but I'm still dealing with pain.... and I am hoping that being free from those things will prove to be very healthful in the long run... like, improved energy and less brain fog. It sure is nice to not have these huge hard things for boobs anymore... hard things that never looked like real boobs... yes, so nice to be rid of those :)))))
and, thank you, NervousGirlie.... I am so happy with how I look :)