Don't Want to Look in the Mirror - Boca Raton, FL

I am writing out of desperation. I have spent the...

I am writing out of desperation. I have spent the last 9 years locked away in my home. I am a young 36 year old woman who by my own insecurities, and advise of a now ex husband got fat transfered lip injections before my wedding in 2002. I was a beautiful girl to begin with, and now have locked myself away unable to face, nor make eye contact, or want to leave my house. My life is based around constant 24/7 regret. I am almost to the point of not wanting to spend another waking moment! after 9 years is there anything I can do to reverse the fat injections into my lips? Please help.....

Boca Rotan4380-I replied with my Drs info above. I went to see him yesterday and while the 5FU has helped some, it looks like I will be undergoing a micro-lipo procedure in May.He said it takes about 30 minutes. He essentially sucks out the fat with very fine instrument. It may take more than one try and I should expect bruising. I have too much fat around the eyes. It has distorted what used to be a nice face :(. Excision of the fat is a last resort - and one that he probably wouldn't attempt in my case. I'm just letting you know that there are options out there :)!! You may not get 100% correction - but it may help you move forward and start the process of forgiving yourself.
Wow 9yrs is a long time to be locked away from the world. i wish u didnt have to go thru this pain.But you did and instead of locking urself away you should try and come out.Prevent this from happening to someone else.Tell ur story to the world. Help another young person from ruining what god has blessed them with.You are going thru this for a reason and u can except the reason and help others that are goin thru the same thing.

Reading stories like urs tells me that this is really not a route in life that i wanna take. It scared me becuz i am a outgoing person. I love to see the world i love to travel but, i kno if i was in ur spot i would probly try and do what u r doing. but its not healthy and i would never wanna live that way.Im sure u dont either.Some people might say "oh, how can i speak on this if ive never been thru it". And i would say ive Never been thru this becuz ive heard of people like YOU.That deserve a second chance at life.That deserve to be HAPPY.That only need someone to tell them what im tryn to tell you.

I really think that b4 u go to do any correction surgery u should see a therapist....and i want u to know that u r BEUTIFULL just becuz the outside of u changed it doesnt mean the young woman inside of u did.Believe in god he will get you thru this you have already made your first step into the light by posting this story.Now its time for you to take your next step foward.

You are loved xoxoxo
Dear Kay,
Thank you for all that you have said to me in your letter. I have been to a therapist, and all along that route. Even went back to the Dr. That did the sugery to see if he would correct.
Nevertheless it's been dead end after dead end. I'm glad that my story swayed you away from any kind of surgery. Trust me when I say it's not worth it.
I thought about what you said by sharing my story in the past, but something always stops me. Embarrassment, or attention, not sure exactly but I just don't think I could do it, & or know about even to go about it...
It's just such a sensitive area, and I have gotten very used to be alone. For instance I tried going out to have my hair done the other day, and I came across a few friends I have not seen in some time. They pretended they didn't even see me, meanwhile I know they did as they sat and laughed as I walked by. This is why I dont go out.
Anyhow, thanks again for sending me this letter. Hope you changed your mind about anything you might have been thinking of doing...
L