Bamboo Tattoo Picosure Removal -Bluewater, UK

I wanted to post this review and share progress...

I wanted to post this review and share progress pics as I haven't seen any bamboo tattoos on here and it may be helpful to those also considering removing theirs. Would also love to hear anyone's feedback on my pics. The tattoo is on my left calf, which isn't the easiest place to photograph, so excuse poor quality on some of the pics. I will update with regular progress pics.

I went for a consultation and first treatment at the Medispa centre in Bluewater. The spa is a very relaxing environment and the staff are friendly and informative. I was not given any numbing cream as apparently it is important to gauge the pain level during the procedure. I don't know why. The entire procedure took less than two minutes. At first it didn't hurt much, but it quickly became extremely painful. This is where I peaked in my regret of getting the tattoo. A costly mistake a younger version of myself confidently made. I have had the tattoo for just under 6 years. I told myself I liked it for about a year, and it bothers me a little bit more every year. I figured the sooner I bite the bullet and do something about it the better. I considered a cover-up job but have decided there's no tattoo I would be happy with. Interestingly when I walked into the clinic there was another guy with stars (on his arm) there for a consultation. The lady who carried out the procedure had also had her star on her foot removed.

I think my expectation was that I would see immediate difference, and as you can see from the photos this is not the case. I still very much have a tattoo on my leg, and am considerably poorer than I was before. The main difference I have seen is that the lines have blurred slightly, and some areas seem to have faded very slightly. I am remaining positive and anxious to see some results. As this is a bamboo tattoo, the laser may work better or worse than it does on machine ones. I am told it depends on the depth and type of ink. Post treatment I have lots of blisters, but it does not really cause me any discomfort. A week later, most blisters have subsided and it has started to itch. Taking care of it (aloe vera, vaseline and redressing) every day is quite time consuming, but it is not a major burden.

Please let me know your thoughts!

18 days post treatment

hi guys. seen some good progress as the blisters have started to heal and shed. as (i hope) you can see there has been fairly significant fading across the entire tattoo. i am more confident now that the treatment actually works! based on the results I've seen I've decided I will go for my second session after 6 weeks. it's obviously a long and slow process, but i'm optimistic.

2.5 months after first treatment

I will have my second treatment in January. Here is a progress update pic in the meantime...

Second treatment done!

hey folks. I went back for my second treatment on saturday 18th Jan. i was surprised (and delighted) that it really didn't hurt anywhere near as much second time round. I'm adding some progress pics from 2 days and 10 days post. lines are blurring - hope to see some good fading soon!
Lauren