bad facelift results - Bloomington, MN

I am left with the same sagging jowls and neck,...

I am left with the same sagging jowls and neck, after going through a great deal of pain and expense. I now have permanent nerve damage (numbness) around my face edges and up into my hair line. My cheeks also burn, itch and sting. I have contacted Lifestyle Lift and they choose to ignore me.
The pictures are from right after the surgery and the others were taken on 5/4/14

Bad Lifestyle Lift

I see that the "right after" pictures didn't go through so I will post more pictures.

Thank you for choosing to share your experience on RealSelf!
Wow that looks super sore. Will be interested to see your now photos to see if time has helped at all as we all look pretty scary right after surgery. Please keep us informed. Sorry your results are not good ones.

BAD LIFESTYLE LIFT SURGERY

This is what I look like today.

That is horrible. I wouldn't have any other work done either if that is what I looked like. Sorry that happened to you.

BAD LIFESTYLE LIFT

These are more pictures of what I look like today. The preceding picture was of my jowl and neck area.

Oh my word... I am so very sorry that this has happened to you. I do wish that more women would find realself before they have this surgery... and what really scares me is the fact that we have no idea how many people are out there that never say a word about what has happened to them at the hands of LSL. They are target marketing to a group of people who are ready to do something and they make it sound so easy. Just not the case. Again, I am so sorry and thanks for sharing your story! Chrystal.
I'm so sorry this happened to you. It looks very painful too. I hope as you heal the results will look better. Thank you for sharing your story.

BAD LIFESTYLE LIFT

Thank all of you for you for your support. I only wish that others would bombard the BBB in Utah with complaints, and ask their state's Attorney General to investigate LSL for misleading and false advertising. Both FL and NY sued LSL and were awarded $300,000 each. We need to hit them financially in order to get them to stop ignoring us and doing harm to others.

Lifestyle Lift

I received another message through BBB from Lifestyle Lift. According to them, I am being unreasonable. This is a company that is making millions, and as we baby boomers age, they will make even more, as we are their main target for this surgery. I don't imagine any of them would be willing to go through this kind of pain and mental anguish and pay $13,107 for it, only to come out looking worse than they did before the surgery. Lifestyle Lift needs to take responsibility for their actions. People who have good results say that we are a small percentage - would they be saying that if they had the results like I did. Gloria

After researching more, I find that LSL is an accredited member of BBB. I have written to several news stations, and no one cares about what we have suffered. Therefore, this company will continue to make millions off of our damages. Any ideas on how to stop them? I'd like to picket outside of their offices in MI. As a group, we need to somehow get the media's attention. Please don't give up on holding LSL accountable.

Lifestye Lift -Horrible Facelift

Please contact the BBB in MI if you have had a horrible Lifestyle Lift, as well as your state's Attorney General and ask her/him to investigate this company for misleading advertising and pressure tactics. NY and FL have sued and each received $300,000. This is the info that you will need. Lifestyle Lift, 100 Kurts Blvd., Suite A, Troy, MI 48084. This company needs to be held responsible for their devastating results. They think the solution is to ignore us. We can complain all we want, but it will get us nowhere. PLEASE TAKE ACTION NOW

Thank you for being a guide for me today. I was considering the procedure. It is dangerous for us to allow our identity to be defined by our appearance. We are brave, strong & loving. Thanks friend!

Lifestyle Lift

I misstated that the BBB for this company was in UT, when it is actually in MI. Please send in your complaint. Thanks

Does the procedure you had with LSL look any better since it has had time to heal?
No, all the healing that is to be done already has. The side view of my jaw and neck are what I look like now, and I have permanent nerve damage.
I'm only 39 years old and have some deep "laugh lines" and seen the Lifestyle Lift commercials and thought I might be interested,but after reading your story and reviewing your pictures I have changed my mind!! I'm so very sorry this turned out this way for you!! I think you have every right and then some to sue them for all you can!! I'm very hurt for you right now!! I hope you can get the outcome you first went it for somehow!! My prayers and thoughts are with you!!

Lifestyle Lift

Some of you have suggested that I get an attorney and sue LSL. So far, I haven't found one that will take my case. They have stated that it would be too costly to pursue, another said that it could be fixed by additional surgery. In other words, I could pay even more and take the risks and pain. Another said that juries weren't sympathetic towards this type of surgery. This isn't about the "type of surgery", it's about what this doctor did to me. Other attorneys just had different excuses. I will continue to search for one. I wish that others would let LSL know that they have read my story, but please don't harass them, Thanks, Gloria R.

LSL Facelift

I see that I gave the wrong date. My surgery was done in July of 2013, so all the healing that is to take place is done. The nerve damage and results of this surgery have already taken place and are permanent.

hhh
I'm glad I saw this review and hope that the results are better now that some time has passed. I feel sorry for you all the pain and poor results.
I am saddened that you have had this happen to you too. I had browlift, facelife, eyes, neck, etc. done 10 years ago and I am still having so many problems. I have like nail or tacks, staples, etc. that I can move around in my head. They are under the skin, but I have infections about every 2 months and have to go through a regime of antibotics. My forehead has dropped and wrinkle, eyes lids dropped, neck look really bad. To sum it up, I'm a mess. I look like a child played in my head instead of a real doctor. It upsets me so that people out there are still having these surgeries and still having results similiar or worse than mine. I even ask this doctor for my money back and his response was, "NO WAY". He takes no responsibility for my problems. I almost lost one of my eyes. I can't get in the sun because it causes stinging like something biting me on my head. I stay in the house in the daylight hours and only get out after dark. My head still itches and other problems that produced themselves right after surgery 10 yrs ago still raise their ugly heads and send my brain into a frizzy. I only hope that these doctors someday will have to pay for what they are doing to us even if it takes they themselves to have our symptoms in some way. Sue

Horrible Lifestyle Lift

Horrible Lifestyle Lift

These pictures are of what I look like today, and did about 5 mos. after surgery.

I think you have every right to be royally pissed off.while a person could understand that outcomes could vary a bit this doctor left you with an unacceptable result as way too much loose skin and not normal looking. I would sue also and try to get it fixed by soneone who cares about doing a good job. I hope you get some justice and get someone to help you
This nust be so hard to deal with and so disapointing I think if it happened to me I would try to find a really good doctor to fix if I could afford it. Its so unfortunate that cosmetic procedures dont have more clear standards for what is an acceptable level of skill and care. Something to consider is one of the red light therapy hone units to help heal and rejuvenate your skin . I love mine and feel it will help me avoid surgery in the future it helps with pain too which alot of the face lift patients suffer with. Anyway might be worth a try.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

He offered to do the surgery again. If he couldn't get it right the first time, I am certainly not going to let him do even more damage. He said that the results were my fault because I have the type of skin that wouldn't hold the stitches. Since the stitches dissolved by themselves, that doesn't make any sense.