Pulsed Dye Laser, Eccles Clinic Reveiw - Dublin, Ireland Bloom House,

Hi sorry to repost, I uploaded a review a couple...

Hi sorry to repost, I uploaded a review a couple of months back and didn't attach pictures, unfortunately I did not create a account when leaving the review so was unable to access the review to make changes, hopefully a forum moderator will be able to remove my previous post, thanks

I have had a total of 9 pulsed dye laser treatments at Eccles Clinic over a 2 year period. I feel the amount of treatments necessary to see even a minor improvement has been excessive and not what should be expected from a pulsed dye laser.

There was area around my nose where the laser technician used a 0.50ms pulse duration with a fluence of 8-8.5 joules and the results where brilliant, unfortunately I blistered and was assured
That future treatments with these parameters would scar even with a reduced fluence.

The first generation pulsed dye lasers where used for years with a fixed 0.45ms pulsed duration for the treatment of rosacea and port wine stains without any lasting side effects such as scarring, which can be avoided by lowering the fluence and doing patch testing piror to full treatments. So I fail to see where the issue is.

you can do a quick Google search with 0.45ms pulse dye laser rosacea should bring up published studies, this will also give you a fair idea of what you should be expecting from laser treatments

I would advise anyone considering laser treatments to do a patch test, if you don’t see a satisfactory result don’t continue with further treatments. I would also find a doctor/laser technician that knows how to use short pulse durations 0.45ms-1.5ms without scaring or blistering, there are hospitals in Dublin that use pulsed dye laser, St.James being one them.

Also the pulse duration of the laser must match the thermal relaxation time of its target. Example, a large vessel will need a longer pulse duration for the laser to effetely treat it whereas a small vessel will need short pulse duration with peak power in order to be effective.

Overall im not impressed or happy with the results, apart from the area that was hit with the 0.50ms pulse duration and personal find that the longer pulse durations 2.00ms and upwards useless.

Update

Dr. Lawor

Sorry you didn't have a good experience. Are you looking into alternative treatments?