Really Wish to Undergo Nose Reshaping - Birmingham, UK

I want to undergo rhinoplast.But no one in my...

i want to undergo rhinoplast.But no one in my family supports my decision.they are skeptical and apprehensive.What should i do..to convince them & take my stand to go for the surgery. I got a very ugly looking large, long & wide nose..!

Hi ensure you understand what he means by conservative! It all depends on what you have in mind, if he's going to take down the hump and narrow the nose only, then the tip will look more pronounced. i had a nose very similar to yours and he took the hump down and although preop I thought my tip was just fine, after the op I found that although I had a straightish narrow nose, the tip looked more round. I kw uve probably thought about all of this! Also i felt hhis conservative approach was too conservative and my bridge is too high
please friends would love some words of advice.. 5 days before the surgery..anything that u think will help me take the surgery in the best manner . i trust n rely upon my surgeon. Have conveyed him my concerns. I dont intend to have any functional issues post surgery. He said we wud be really conservative in our approach and not be too radical during the surgery ! i am praying. Hope everything goes fine.

anon, you might want to check out this article in the forum about things I wish I knew before rhinoplasty. Hope this helps!

planning my surgery on 2nd march.. 2012. fear of the unknown.. n undue anxiety creeping in.. its completely my decision..family against it. i hope the risk is worth the guts im keeping, to go for the surgery...
You have beautiful features and you're not ugly! I understand your anxieties surrounding rhinoplasty. It is a routine procedure. I had one two months ago in Birmingham and was terribly worried about the op but it was painless for me. Who is the surgeon you're going with....look up Jason Rockey ENT surgeon, board certified facial plastic surgeon...he's great!
I think if u got a rhinoplasty with the right surgeon u will be very happy. It will balance out ur face and bring out your other lovely features
Hello friend. I had rhinoplasty back in June and in the begining my husband thought I was crazy! He didnt think I was serious and when I told him I was he did NOT like the idea. He said he didnt want me to have surgery. This saddened me but we had a heart to heart and he came around. Finally he said "If you know for sure this is what you really want for yourself and It will make you happier than I will support you" and he did just that!
As for my mom--she was so jealous when I told her I was having a nose job! She has wanted the same surgery her entire life because she has the same nose I had! She could identify with me so that was a breeze. My father however, didnt say a word. I was a little scared of what he would say about it. He knew that since I was an adult he couldnt say no I guess. Finally, after the surgery I asked him "So what do you think about me choosing to go through with this?" and you know what he said? "I think youre pretty couragous" I definately wasnt expecting that! He said I was a very brave person to be able to handle the stress of that. And believe me it was VERY stressfull--but I dont regret my decision one little bit! Yes the price I paid stung a little I'll admit but I still think its worth it. After a while I had began to be a little "obsessed" with my nose! I knew at one point I had to do it or else I would think about it every day. Now, with my new smaller nose I look at it and admire it. I like to look in the mirror now just to fancy it! Good luck and Keep us posted!
Hello there,
I completely understand you. I am in the same situation with my family. However, I decided to go ahead and do the rhinoplasty because this is for myself and will help me improve my self confidence and look and feel good. At the end of the day, it's my life. I would say go ahead and do it, if it will help you feel better about yourself, regardless of what others say or think. I havent actually told anyone about it yet, except 2 members of my family, and I am leaving it at that. I am schedueled for surgery in 4 days, and I am so excited!!
You titled one of your pictures 'ugly front :('
You're not ugly at all. Yes, you have a distinctive nose and I can understand your desire for rhinoplasty, but calling yourself ugly will do your self-esteem no good. :(

I've also been wanting a rhinoplasty, and I can relate to the unsupportive family issue - my family seems to think it's an unnecessary, ridiculous thing to do.

At least this website exists, so you and others can find support - it's so important to have people to talk to that understand and are not judgmental.
thanks nosy111 and sim fr ur kind words n advice.. if there is ny suport tht im holding onto is !! the realself community..!! the friendly members n the esteemed set of doctors responding me back on my pictures n queries so generously... is giving me such a support on my decision ..to b able to hv the courage to take my stand !! thank you realself!! Stay with me.. it means a lot ! truly.. thanks angie too :)
Try to find people who have had their noses done by these surgeons and see what doctors work you like the best. Also speak to these people, if possible, to make sure their experience was alright.
Hey!

Realself is great isn't it?! I feel very assured by the people on here, everyone is so supportive and it's great to have a place to come and not be railroaded into something you aren't sure of!

I too want Rhinoplasty (I'm asian too) and it's hard convincing your family that it's the right decision! My mum wasn't too keen on the idea, but my dad is supportive....Angie is right, they just don't want you to end up with a result that will make you unhappy.

The hardest part for me is choosing my surgeon...I have two that I like but are different, so my dilemma is which one do I chose?

We are here for you though...keep posting with your reserch etc! :)
i must say its only a month i have joined this realself community & im alredy feeling good to be in touch with all the people.. havent shared my mind on getting the surgery ,except with my parents, bt unfortunately they arent convinced.. i just wish the right kind of advice & suggestions,irrespective of the fact tht its in positive or negative view for rhinoplasty, by all the ppl whu hv been thru the surgery wud b realy helpful n finally enable me to take my stand against all odds..

looking forward to wise ideas and mature advice.. i am confiding with the realself community, with great hope !! thanks ..
by the way anon reelly really the biggest supportive for me through out the whole procedure is this website and still does by reading the others experiences and people comments specially madam angiemcc u feel here ur getting support from areal family

Thanks for your kind words, Safi. :0)

sure because of their fear for u u have to convince them that it would change ur life and that thing disurbs ur normal life they will understand u sooner or later just be confident about ur decision coz that what happened to me my mom couldnt take the idea of undergoing genral anaesthesia for cosmetic thing but my doctor relieved her fears and then she became very supportive and other members of my family too wish u all the best and good luck

It's understandable that your family would be anxious for you. They don't want to see something go wrong or for you to be unhappy with the results. The good news is that things almost always go just fine and, if you chose a board certified, rhinoplasty specialist, you should also be happy with your results!

From personal experience, I will say that the number one thing to remember is to expect improvement, but not perfection.

Getting a nose you hate sculpted into something you can live with and even like is very liberating. I say do your research, find a good doctor and go for what you want!