Sick After my Injections - Birmingham, MI

I had Botox and Juvederm done in Nov of 2012, then...

I had Botox and Juvederm done in Nov of 2012, then i had Juv again done Dec of 2102. Several days after my second injection of Juvaderm around my lips and more on the right side of nasal fold, i woke up with a low humming in my right ear. That was the side I had more Juv put in and she really put in a lot more up close to my sinus area. I got so sick with ear issues that I had to lay in bed for 2 months straight. I had dizziness all day, humming in my ear, ear fullness and pressure on the right side of my head, migraines, sinuses always felt infected but were not, jaw pain, neck pain, tired all the time, memory loss. I still continue to have these issues 4 months later. I am currently seeing speciliast to figure out what is wrong with me. Maybe it just concidenece but I find it hard to over look as a possibility, esp since before all of this, i was perfectly happy healthy girl. I loved my life so much and now I am stuck at home hoping I dont hae a dizzy day and dealing with the low humming in my head that is maddening. I am taking medication to reduce the pressure in my head as well. I never took medication before this. I am not sure if i had some sort of allergic reaction or what but I sure hope it goes away once this juvaderm wears off. I think most of this has to do with Juv.

On the up side, if this is not related to this issue, I looked great and the botox really was my favorite as far as big difference. I felt like she put the filler in places that made me look great. I will never get it done again though bc i fear it may have been the cause. I really dont feel like the botox as the cause. It seemed to happen after my second injection of juv.

7 months post injections update

well i am about 8 months post all this. I still have major issues. I am dizzy almost every day, I still have humming in my ear, I also hear my eyes blink, I hear a bouncy sound in my head, i have foggy brain, i have a strange sound now when i talk, the headaches are now better since being treated with Nortriptyline. But the headaches were almost unbearable as well as the facial pain. I think what has happened is the injections caused an underlying condition to come to the surface. I think I have what is called Superior Canal Dehiscence and Vestibular Migraines which are tied to the Supererior Canal issues. I see a doctor in about 2 weeks to see if in fact this is this ear condition. I think I always had it but it didnt come out until the injections. I honestly think it was bound to happen at some point but this just sped it up. Lucky me. I feel that the injections (not sure which one) will bring out underlying conditions in people. I would really beware of these injections because i thought i was totally healthy person before this. Always at the gym with no issues. You never know what your reaction might be to this stuff.

2 years post my injections

Let me tell you, I have had the ride of my life. I still continue to have issues. I have seen a specialist about my head and ear issues. He said that it could be a possibility that the botox aggravated what was already there. I really believe now that the botox was the initial cause of my issue. I have been diagnosed with a rare rear issue as well as Vestibular Migraines. I never had migraines before all of this crap. I am on medication that has stopped my dizziness and pain. I may have to be on this medication for the rest of my life. I still have humming in my head that I am now more use to. I really believe that in years to come they will find how harmful botox really is to people. I cant change what happened but just think about what you put in your body before doing it. If you have an auto immunity it could be aggravated by botox.

groupon.