So Glad I Finally Did It! - Birmingham, AL

I am 29 years old and have three children. For the...

I am 29 years old and have three children. For the majority of my life I have been a 34b, but after losing the baby weight and then some from pregnancy number three I became a deflated 34 a. I thought and thought about implants until finally I decided to just do it.

A friend of mine was scheduled to have implants soon and I booked a consultation with her plastic surgeon. At my consultation, the doctor was really nice and spent time explaining the procedure. I didn't feel rushed or pressured to decide anything. I went home that night and decided to wait and see how my friend's surgery went before I booked my procedure. My friend had her surgery and was very pleased with her results, so I booked my surgery for February 17th. I had to be at the office at 6:30 am the morning of the surgery. I live about two hours from the plastic surgeon, so we spent the night in a hotel the night before.

I was pretty nervous, but thankfully there wasn't much of a wait before they prepped me for surgery. I talked to the PS and we finalized size details--I went with 300 mod plus saline implants filled to 350 cc. I decided on saline, just because I felt safer knowing if it leaks I will know it. The other reason that I was set on saline was because I wanted to use the tuba incision.

The surgery was very quick and we were on our way back to the hotel by 9:30. After the surgery, I slept most of the day. It was not as painful as I has imagined. In fact, I really only took the pain meds on days one and two. I had my follow up visit the day after surgery and I was told to wear the stomach binder for a week and to massage the tracts from the tuba placement. I was also instructed to not wear a bra some at home because my implants are riding high.

So today is five days since surgery and so far the implants have dropped some. I feel like they still have a good ways to go. I'm really not in much pain at all. My stomach is a little tender, but there has been minimal bruising on it and none on my breasts. I'm anxious to get this tape off and see how my incision looks. So far, I have been really happy with my decision to get implants, its nice to no longer look down and see boobs that look like fried eggs. :-)

Anyway, I spent tons of time browsing pictures and reading stories on this website before I had my implants and I am thankful for those of you who have shared your journey.

it looks very good
i am curious as to why in ny it cost $8000 and up
and yours is $3000
is it geography?

And we're thankful you shared YOUR journey. You're looking beautiful and they will drop nicely soon I bet.

Good luck! The facility was really nice and I was in and out really quickly. It was so much easier than I expected.

Friday it will be three weeks since I had my...

Friday it will be three weeks since I had my surgery. I have been really surprised at how easy the recovery has been. The tracts from the tuba incision started hurting a little bit more than they had previously. The left one hurt more and I noticed some knots on that side (you can't see them--just feel them). Now only the left tract hurts occasionally if I lie on my stomach.I have been massaging the knots and they seem to be getting better. My breasts have dropped a lot and aren't really painful at all.
I still have tape over the incision and I am anxious to take it off.

how are you doing.. what cup sze do you seem to be now..I know it may change as they drop.. but I wanted to do anywhere b/t 350-400 cc saline mod profile... how tall are you
*probably...I'm not sure how to edit that last post.
Thank you avastar. I am not sure about the price differences. It proably is just the geography,

Well, it has now been a month since I had my...

Well, it has now been a month since I had my surgery. I am still very pleased with my results! I think that the implants have settled and I feel like they look much more natural.At first, I was afraid that I had gone too big, but now I'm glad that I didn't go smaller. My scar from the TUBA incision is really tiny...its pretty much invisible. I went to the beach for the week with family and no one suspected a thing (and they are the type to mention if they noticed.

Did you have "tracks" in your stomach following surgery. I had my surgery Jan 2013 and still have marks despite endermology treatments at the spa and massages at home. I am pleased with the results just not in love with the V on my stomach.
How are the boobs doin now?
Hey girl u boobs look great! Can u post updated pics? How does ur scar look now? Also how did u feel after waking up from surgery?
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Hedden took his time explaining things. He was honest and genuine. His staff was helpful and nice. His facility is top notch. I would definately recommend him.