Bad Experience with Ulthera - Birmingham, AL

I am a a very young 60 year old with really good...

I am a a very young 60 year old with really good skin. However, I started developing some sagging around my jaws and decided to do Ulthera to tighten up my jaw line last September. I arrived for the procedure knowing that it would cost $2500 but when I got there I was told it would be an extra $1000 to have my forehead included. (Normally 1500.00 but a discount came with facial treatment) Now, a year later, I could KICK myself for adding it.

For some reason I developed a "sink hole" in my forehead a couple of months after the procedure. The doctor had no explanation for it and seemed quite unconcerned so I contacted the parent company after finding their telephone number online. They put me in touch with a plastic surgeon in California who is apparently paid very well to promote Ulthera because all I got from him was lip service. He did finally tell me that no procedure is risk free and that sometimes there are adverse consequences to pay for the risks we take.

So I am here to advise you to run, don't walk, away from Ultherapy. No one ever took responsibility for my mishap although the doctor did offer me free Sculptra which filled in the hole in my forehead and finally achieved the result I had wanted with the Ultherapy. But Sculptra only lasts two years (at best) so I suppose that for the rest on my life I'll be paying have the hole in my forehead filled back in.

Oh, by the way, the treatment did absolutely NOTHING to tighten my face or jaw line. That fact couldn't be disputed because my "before" and "after" pictures look the same. The reason it didn't work on me could be due to my age, although people tell me that I have the skin of a 40 year old. But I would advise anyone who asked NOT to do Ulthera.

Lindsey, I tried to go to the website you posted but it wouldn't come up and could find nowhere to post a complaint. My biggest problem is that, unfortunately, I didn't take any photos to substantiate my claim. I have a bulging vein in my forehead with a bump beside it where they filled the hole in my forehead with a little too much filler, but I couldn't prove it. I will tell you some positive news though. I have just finished my fourth treatment out of six of Venus Freeze and I like it very much. My face and neck are tighter and my jowls greatly diminished although not gone. It is easy and not painful at all, and a fraction of the cost of Ultherapy. If you can find it in your area I would recommend it. Good luck!
I empathize with you - I'm 54 and was told that I was a perfect candidate for Ultherapy. It's been 4 months now and NO results but burn marks on the sides of my neck that hurt every day. I paid $3500 for damage to my skin and nerves. Here is the FDA link to nearly 300 Ultherapy adverse events reported: http://google2.fda.gov/search?q=ulthera&client=FDAgov&site=FDAgov&lr=&proxystylesheet=FDAgov&output=xml_no_dtd&getfields=*&ie=UTF-8&ulang=en&ip=71.194.62.254&access=p&sort=date:D:L:d1&entqr=3&entqrm=0&oe=UTF-8&ud=1&filter=0&start=10
THANK YOU!! I am a very young 51 yr old. and I have very young skin. I also paid the extra for my forehead, lower neck and around my mouth. It's almost 6 month's and ...nothing....in the mean time I have had 2 sessions of botox in my forehead, neck and around my eyes and mouth areas and some Juvederm ultra in my lips. So that's about $2500...this is the money I was hoping to save by doing the Ultherapy :( Since I wrote my review on Realself, I received a call from the office I had the procedure at asking me to set up a 'final picture' in November. I will go for it, but, since I have had the botox and fillers since, I wonder how much credit they will take for any facial improvement?? I am sorry you had a disappointing ulthera experience....if it makes you feel any better.........you are not alone. :(