I have made it to the Flat/swollen side -Birmingham, AL

I am 35 years old and have 4 kids (3 that I gave...

I am 35 years old and have 4 kids (3 that I gave birth to). I am 5'4" and 160 lbs. Over the last several years I have lost 40 pounds and now my stomach looks terrible. I am really excited about going to the flat side. I have not tucked a shirt in for 10 years. I can't wait to be able to do that. I have to say though, I am very nervous about recovery and results.

Welcome to the community.  Not only will you be tucking your shirts in but you may also be wearing a bikini!!!

Your day is almost here!!

I am also having a tummy tuck. I live on Florida and was thinking about getting it done in Alabama. I ended up choosing Dominican Republic. Im happy for u and i hope u get the results u want. you deserve this :)

Tomorrow is surgery day. I am a little anxious but...

Tomorrow is surgery day. I am a little anxious but staying busy with all of the last minute details. I am going to try and post my before pics.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

What should I wear home from the hospital. Do I...

What should I wear home from the hospital. Do I want a loose dress or yoga pants and a t shirt??? I am stressing about this!!! I had a plan and now I am not so sure.

Hi Alabamamom. Hope you are doing well. I am from Birmingham and used Dr Hedden too. He's great bi love him. How are you? What procedures did you have done?
I used sweat pants and a t- shirt with comfortable sneakers,
Thanks! I think that is what I will do.

I am 2 days post op. Surgery day went well, I was...

I am 2 days post op. Surgery day went well, I was in surgery for 4 hours. Had my 1st post op visit yesterday morning. Have to say that I didn't enjoy getting out. Doc said everything looks good although he said that he had to repair a hernia in my BB while he was in there. I was a little too medicated to understand what that means but I think it is fairly common. Things are going well. I don't hurt any worse than I expected. I am using a walker to get around and that is helping my back.

So glad you are okay!!! Looking great already! Rest up and happy healing!
Thank you!!!
I am good for day 2. I had TT and lipo of hips and flanks. Your pics look great.

I am now 9 days post op. Recovery has been pretty...

I am now 9 days post op. Recovery has been pretty much what I expected. I spent most of the first week only leaving my recliner to take walks around the house and to go to the bathroom. I took Lortab and Valuim for the first 3 days every 4-6 hours. The 4th day I was able to start using Tylenol and ibuprofen to manage pain and just took the stronger stuff to sleep. My biggest problem has been Thrush. I developed it about day 6. It was painful but bearable until the inflammation on the back of my tongue started making me cough. The nurse told me to eat yogurt, which I had already been doing. I googled some other remedies and have been rinsing with peroxide and salt water. It Has mostly cleared up but still causing painful coughing. I really hope my belly button isn't popping off when I cough.
I got my drain out at my 1 wk post op appointment. It is nice not having that to deal with but I have noticed the swelling getting worse. That may also be related to my increased activity. I was able to help one daughter get ready for her prom yesterday and went to watch the other daughter play softball today. I am exhausted. Going to try to make it to church in the morning and then rest for the remainder of the day. I still walk hunched over and slow. How long does that usually last?

Your recovery sounds almost like mine! Haha. I actually cooked dinner tonight! You look wonderful! Take it slow and easy and happy healing!
It feels good to do some normal things like cooking. I scrambled myself an egg yesterday and that made me happy. Mostly , the hubs and friends have been cooking for us. Your pics look great. I see you are still hunched over too. Hope you continue to heal quickly!
You look great! Good luck with your healing. I had a tt, with Lipo and a ba on March 12!

I took some new pics this morning hoping to see...

I took some new pics this morning hoping to see some non- swollen results. I am really sad after seeing them. They don't look much different to me.

Hang in there. I am at 6 weeks PO and I still have swelling. I promise it will get better each week. Try and put your feet up as much as possible. The more active you are, the more swelling you will have. I'm sure you have noticed that you are flat when you first wake up and by midday and sleep time your at your most swollen. That is normal after our abdomen has gone threw major trauma and when ever you have trauma to any area there will be swelling. Keep us posted and happy healing :-) you look amazing!
Butterfly, I'm curious since your're 6 week po..did your ps advised you to do crunches so that you could strenghten your tummy? Thanks
Hi luckymom17, No way! My PS told me at my 5 week PO he wanted me to wait a couple more weeks before I go back to the gym. He said not to strain my muscles as I can pull the stitches in my muscles. He said the stitches will be there for about 6 months before they dissolve completely. I'm going to take it easy. No way am I taking chance on ripping my stitches :-)

I am 17 days post op. I got the stitches out of...

I am 17 days post op. I got the stitches out of my belly button 2 days ago and I am happy with how it looks. I still haven't seen my incision, it has tape on it that hasn't come off, the doctor said it should come off in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I am anxious to see what it looks like underneath. I posted my 2 wk pics but I look bigger than I did in the 10 day pics. I am a little discouraged but I know I won't see the end result for a while. I am obviously still dealing with the swelling so maybe I just chose a bad time to take the pics. Still better than my pre-op pics :)
We went out to dinner with friends Friday night and ended up doing a lot more walking than I thought I would, I was hunched over like an old woman before the night was over. I have been paying for that all weekend. Lots of swelling and muscle cramping. I know a lot of people are going back to work at this point. How much activity is average at this point.
Hope everyone is doing well and seeing results!!!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Almost 5 weeks out

I'm posting my 4 week pics. I am starting to feel like a normal person again. Although I do get swollen by the end of the day. I still have trouble sleeping in the bed. My sides hurt from the lipo so I can only stay on one side for about an hour. I still prefer to sleep in the recliner. I hope everyone is doing well.

You do look wonderful... The swelling does get better
You are looking terrific!! Swelling sucks!!!
Thou look great. Glad to hear you are doing well. The swelling stinks, for sure. I am 16 weeks po and still swell. Hopefully it will go away soon.
William Hedden