30 Year Old Just Want a Flatter Tummy - Birmingham, AL

I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck Monday Feb 17, 2014...

I'm scheduled for a tummy tuck Monday Feb 17, 2014. I had a breast reduction done two years ago and loving the results. I'm kind of nervous and excited all at the same time. I am a mother of one 6 year old boy. I wanted two kids but was told the second had to planned and since I'm not married or even in a relationship, I don't see that happening anytime. Also I said if I wasn't knocked up by thirty that I wasn't gonna try afterwards and move along with having a TT. Any who.... Its less than five days away and I've bought all the things I need for post-op. Bills paid, kid scheduled to be with sister the first week. Mother, sister, and other available family members' to assist me the first week. Any one out there have any words of advice?? I've seen a lot of photos on here with some amazing results. Praying mine turn out the same... (fingers and toes crossed).

Looks like we share a surgeon. I cannot say enough good about Dr. Shaffer and his staff. You will be in excellent hands. I had an advance TT and lipo to hips, flanks, and lower back on Feb. 3, 2014 and I got my drains out today. My words of wisdom would be if he offers you the Exparel, take it. It provides up to 72 hours of numbing and helped me a lot the first couple of days after my surgery. Do you have a chair you can sleep in? I am glad to see you have family to help you. I needed someone with me for the first 5 or 6 days I was home.
hi!! Yes he is, he did my breast reduction in 2012. I'm having the exact same thing done as you and yes Penny suggested Exparel and I'm getting it. Thanks for the info. I have a recliner that I will be using. Thanks for responding hun!
how are you doing with swelling? any tips on showering with the drain in place?

Countdown to 3 days!!

Got a call from the nurse saying to be there at 6:30 am Monday morning. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm so excited!! I'm so ready or at least I think I am...

Sorry when I say Mad Reviews, he has Fantastic reviews. No complaints at all. Dr Ortega website great. Who are you going to. Are you really nervous. I can't wait to see your after shots. You will be ready for the summer. Unfortunately for me I will just be getting mine done so I might still have some swollen in my torso during the summer months.
I'm Using Dr. Schaffer In Birmingham Al, He Did My Breast Reduction. I Like Him Because He's Honest And Straight To The Point. Sometimes He Can Be Brutally Honest But That's His Personality. I'm Missing Out On Mardi Gras. :( ... Yes I Am Nervous But More Excited Tho.
I am excited for you, looking at your pictures your similar to me. Can you measure yourself then tell us after your tummy tuck how many inches you lost. I will be getting mine done May 7 I am going to Spectrum-Aesthics in Miami, Dr. Ortega. Price was fabulous, he been on TV and he has mad reviews, a full tummy tuck with one area of lipo is only $3900, and any additional area is only $600. So I am flying there from Atlanta. However, I am so excited for you. Can you please let us know your results.

Waist measurements before surgery

Hi ladies, here is my natural waist line measurement. 39".. Last year it was 44" so I've done lost some inches. The pics above were from 4 years ago I think. Believe it or not I was 200lbs then. I tend to carry my weight a bit different. I got lazy and all the weight went to my butt, thighs, and abdomen. Not cool. I never wanted to super small just, proportionate... Understand what I mean???

Good luck!! Prayers for you on Mon. I know u are super excited !!
Yes I Am Very Excited... I'm Ready To Get It Over With. Your Results Look Really Good. Thanks For Responding And Your Prayers, I'm Accepting All Prayers Lol
Yes I understand what you mean. You are gonna look great!

Last night with my tummy

So this is my last night before I have to the "green mile" in the morning. I'm not as nervous as I was before.

Jblaque83, I know tomorrow is your day and I will be thinking of you. Best of luck and it will be over before you know it. When you are able, let us know how you are.
I will
Good luck tomorrow doll!!!

I'm back at home.

I've Been Home Since 3Pm Cst. So Far I'm Just Really Sore. My Fingers Are StilL Numb But They Are Coming Back Slowly But Surly. appetite Sucks. I Have One Drain In. My Sister Is Excellent Help. My Mom Will Be Over When She Gets Off Work. Throat Sore, Hurts A Little To Cough. Feels Like I have On A Really Right Corset. I can't Stand Up Long I Get LightHeaded A Little. The Nurses Were Awesome.

Glad you are home and through with the surgery. I wondered about the numbness in my left thumb and first finger, now that I see you have numbness too, I think maybe that's part of it. I couldn't stand up for long either the first few days. It gets easier each day. My lungs wanted to cough up the anesthesia (at least that's what it felt like) but it hurt too much for me to cough and I ended up getting some Mucinex and it really helped. If you are going back to see Dr. Shaffer tomorrow, you will get to see your results! Wishing you speedy and pain free healing.
Thank You So Much. Yes Both My Thumbs, Pointing Fingers, And Middle fingers Are Crazy Numb. And Yes I Go Back To Him Tomorrow. Hopefully the Nurse Can Take A Pick For Me. I Need Some Mucinex Cough This
Cause This Coughing Is Terrible. How Long Did It Take To Get You're Feeling Back In Your Hands? And Thank You For Responding.

Today I went to back to the PS for a follow up. He was in surgery so I saw Dr. Hedden instead. I was swollen quite a bit. They took off the badges and said I could shower today. I was told to move around as much as could but not to exhaust myself. maybe I can take pics later when I shower and post them then. But I'm not making any promises. But I'll try my best to. Get the Exparel shot if you can it is so worth it. I'm not in any pain in regards to my tummy tuck just sore in that area. But where they did lipo It burns...lol!! Boy it burns.

I agree with you about the Exparel shot. It's so worth it! I was swollen for a couple of weeks, so expect that to last a little while. Rest up!!
Wow, a check up already that is good. Glad to hear you are moving around. I hope you can take pics but try to rest. That's good that you are not in pain.

binder riding up...

Any one has any suggestions to this situation. I don't have a small posterior. it measures at 54". Now this binder is riding up digging into my sides and back and its quite annoying.

How much does he charge for the Exparel shot?
500
Can you tell me what the total cost of your entire procedure

Pics

Here's the pics. I swollen. That shower took everything out of me...

pics

My binder did ride some, and I pulled on it constantly. Finally I got a four panel binder, so it was longer. This actually helped keep it in place a lot. My original one was only 3 panel. I had my muscles sewn back together during my TT, so my upper abdomen was sore. The tightness all the way down my torso helped so much!

2nd day post op

Today I'm feeling much better, much rested. Still not much of an appetite tho. Its been chicken noodle soup for the past two days. (those to go cups that you microwave by Campbell's). My back is starting to give me hell now. I can move around with little to no assistance. my sister is still around. I took a shower last night. I broke down and purchased a shower chair. It made showering so much easier. I have not experienced any swelling in the leg and thigh area. that's a good thing.

You look GREAT!! Glad your moving around!
Thank you hun...
Happy healing to you and welcome to the flat side!!!

in need of a massage

wish I knew someone who can massage my legs and arms...

Muscle Spasms?

Has anyone ever experienced muscle spasms at the locations where liposuction was done? I'm having them as we speak. I'm wondering if I was standing to long or trying to do to much... Anyone??

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I feel great but i just wanna sleep

I feel great, I'm walking almost completely upright. My stomach isn't as tight as before but I am unusually tired. As soon as I sit down in my recliner I wanna go straight to sleep. I be on the laptop and find myself nodding off for minutes at a time. I have no trouble falling asleep after walking round or taking a shower. Any one else experienced this? is this normal to wanna sleep all the time?

I just had mine on the 14th, my energy is exhausted with just a shower. I would say rest as much as you can. It is a major surgery and if you can sleep, you should. My energy level is getting better day by day, but I am finding myself not overdoing it because I am afraid to do too much. I did some light sweeping, washed a few dishes and cooked a quick meal just so I can stay on my feet a little longer. Happy Healing!

update

Never thought i'd be the one to say that I would be happy to feel the sunshine and wind blow across my cheeks. (face of course). I rode with my mother to go do errands. It felt good to be out the house, it was only for an hour but I felt great. I was really tired afterwards. But I got my majority of my walking out of the way besides moving about the house. I'm getting around with no help no just taking my time by myself, learning to get up using my legs muscles only which is rally hard at first but you kinda get the hang of it after a while. I know its still my first week but I think doing pretty well. Still nothing but soups and crackers. Tried to eat ribs the day before yesterday, they were so so so good, but didn't sit well on my tummy. People find it quite amusing when I say I can finally see my cooter now. I don't think they believe me. Lol. oh well. That's a major plus for me. No more shaving in the mirror anymore. I know TMI, but anywho..lol!

Congrats! I had mines on Feb 7th. It's been 2 weeks and I am pretty much back to normal. Except I get tired more often. I have to take a nap right after work.
thanks, i'm feeling much better now.. I can't til next Monday on the 3rd to see where i'll be at physically.

i feel

I feel like a newborn, just wanna sleep all day and night. today I had no energy

DRAINS OUT TODAY!!!

Yes my drains were taken out today. So happy cause I was getting so frustrated with those things.

Glad ur doing well. Can't believe your drains are out already. Good luck on ur recovery and definitely take it easy...lookin great!
Yeah they wasn't draining that much so went ahead and took them out, but now I also have to wear my binder a little tighter than usual to keep the swelling and fluid accumulation down. Oh I'm definitely taking it easy I see people returning to work two weeks after. I actually took off a little more time. Thank you and happy healing to you also!!!
Congrats! Happy healing!

Went walking today

went walking today, did a 1.5 miles. I think that's pretty good. I wasn't in any pain or discomfort. I actually felt good. afterwards. Was doubting if I could do it at first. But I did yey me!! Oh yeah new pics. Still has some swelling but waist is only 38' so only an inch difference. In the pic I have on a girdle that's because it don't rise, dig in my skin. It does have a firmer hold than the garment given to me. Let me say this it is NOT to tight it feels as tho I have on the compression garment that was issued. I can breath with no problem. I can move around better.

Has any one had any problems with severe itching... Benadryl sometimes works and other times it don't.
Good job on your exercising, keep up the excellent work

itching around insicion....

You look great!!!

Stitches coming out wednesday

Wednesday March the 5th my stitches in my navel comes out. I can't wait! I ready to start scar therapy. Yesterday I was up and out all day long. But I was hard headed and didn't put a cami on under my binder and it had my stomach and side very irritated. It was so tender to touch and more sore than usual. Lets just say I've learned my lesson. my scar is kind of high on the sides but with scar therapy I don't think I will have a problem with reducing its appearance. lucky me!

Two week pic update

Swelling comes and goes. All depends what I do that day. I started back driving today. Still not all that easy getting in and out the car, but i'm getting there. I know it takes time. Still tired a little more than usual. Appetite picking back up finally. Up to three meals a day but their still small in portions. Still in some pain on my right side from lipo but bearable. I'm done with pain meds so I'll be using Tylenol for pain tolerance. I'm still taking Benadryl at night cause that's when I itch the most (the scars and areas where lipo was done).

you look great mama thank you for the inspiration
Your so welcome and thank you so much!! Hope you have as much success out of this as I have.. I'm here if you have any questions.
You are very welcomed! Thank you so much and I hope I do have great success as you especially since I plan on doing the bbl next year once I am fully healed. I am sure I will have questions thanks for offering. :-)

No more binders!!!

Today stitches came out and I was told to start wearing spanx!! Time to start browsing for some... Any suggestions on what kind to purchase anyone, not anything that will dig in my sides and roll up... That's so frustrating and annoying. Oh I was given a script for a small spot on my side that's healing slowly, only downside but its ok I'm still excited. Any who Happy Healing and good luck to those about to the process!!!

So I scheduled my surgery. ..I am so so excited. ...thank you so much...for all your advice. ..anything you can recommend for me to purchase
Yay congrats!!! Who did you end up going with?
I ended up going with Schaffer

Back at work

So I'm back at work and I can honestly say that I'm happy to be back but gotta get used to being up all night again. I'm and Equipment Operator and the only female on shift. So I got it pretty easy, my crew has be watching out for me. They let me work the easiest but most boring job there. I can't complain really cause all I'm doing is pressing buttons and starting/stopping conveyor belts from a central location. I'm sitting for 12 hours straight. I'm still on restrictions until March 31. My appetite is slowly returning now up to two small meals a day. Not craving any sweets other than a sprite every now and then. Its been hard trying to avoid salt. I still forget at times and instantly regret it...lol. Be feeling like a swollen watermelon. I'm still wearing my corset and not spanx. My hips are 53 inches and my waist is 37 inches now with still some swelling. Spanx won't work because my bottom is so much wider and my waist is so much smaller the tummy part is to loose because I have to get a bigger size to fit my bottom or it feels like I wearing panties way to small just to get that firm compression on my tummy. Not cool at all. But over all I'm doing really good. still some numbness around my navel and soreness some. Tender spots on my areas I had lipo on. But their no longer super hard, their starting to soften up some. I massage my tummy, incision area and back with a cocoa butter and shea butter mixture twice a day. I'll post pics soon.

Yayyyyy. ...glad to see you back on here. ...lol...that's one of my concerns. ..making sure that I have the right garment. ...
I been meaning to post but I'm trying to get adjusted to working night shift again. My sleep is all screwed up....lol. I fell asleep twice Monday night and three times Tuesday night. Oh yeah I was super pissed cause I couldn't find spanx that fit right. So right now I'm stuck with this corset. Not a problem tho cause I'm getting used to sleeping in it now.
Where did you get the corset and do they initially send you home with something or do I need to look into a binder

pics

You look great....
Thanks hun
You look amazing!

Pic

Your progress is awesome
Thank you.

Update

As much as I wanna walk around with my corset/binder on, I feel weird without it on. The black one I have on in one the previous pics was getting loose, so I ordered another. Currently waiting on that one to arrive. Without my corset on I feel like all puffy and swollen. On my way to the snatched waists club... Lol!!

Updated pics

I'm having surgery with him on this UPCOMING MONDAY!! I'm so afraid
I have mine next Friday. ..I understand you being afraid. ..but the ladies in this group are very supportive
Stay prayed up..are you going to post some before pictures

Updated pics

You ladies are the best.. If it wasn't for your results, I think >> I was going to cancel with him..
Thank you so much...
Looks good!!

scar therapy

Today i went to see Dr. Schaffer. I was released of all restrictions. I was also told I could start Endermologie, which i will look into. He sent a script in for a scar cream called Pracasil tm-plus. Never heard of it. Has anyone on here ever heard of it and actually used it. He said my scar looked good so far but still recommended that I use the cream.

Where did you order your corset??? I'm loving my new tummy and my bbl!! I think I need more lipo to my back tho!!
From this girl whom I went to school with. She sells them. She doesn't have a website. Her FB name is LaSonja Ryals. You can inbox her if your on there.
Thank you sweetie!! I'm sending an INBOX TO HER >> right now... I tried to create a profile so I could show my before and after pictures and it's not working >> oh well... But I want you to know your pics helped me go along with surgery... He did an awesome JOB my tummy is flat like an ironing board and my butt is poking!! Lol... Have a GN SWEETIE
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon