Love Botox! Will Make Sure This is Factored in my Budgets ;) - Birmingham, AL

I'm 48 and have had pretty deep creases in the...

I'm 48 and have had pretty deep creases in the glabellar area for ever I think. I always looked mad :( !
January 2013 was my first injection of Botox. I had the glabella area done, loved it!!!! I noticed that around 8 weeks i had quite a bit of movement, by 10 I think all had returned.
In April I tried Dysport (glabella and forehead lines) to see if there was a difference. I noticed it took about a week for the Dyaport to begin paralysing the muscles. At 8 weeks much of my movement had returned. I liked this ok, but will tell you, I had some puffiness in my upper eye lids that gave an appearance of droopiness. It only lasted a couple weeks and then returned to normal.

It was time for injections again July 10- I asked my PS if he thought I needed Botox in my forehead he said no, so I opted to have the glabella area done. He asked if I had ever considered botox around my eyes. I had not because I'm pretty expressive and did not want to loose what makes me - me. He assured me it would look natural and only relax the deep creases and possibly lift my brows some. So, I'm the kind of girl that will try any thing once ;) and went for it.
I must say I am really liking the results! I believe these injections have been my favorite yet. After only 3 days the lines have softened considerably! I still have my expression :D sigh....
He injected the glabella area and feathered it up so the crease in my forehead also received some effects of the Botox. The area around my eyes has responded very well and are softer, more relaxed and I do not look fake (I don't think so anyways :)
I did two things differently this time round as an experienment to see if it would make the Botox work faster and hopefully last closer to 3 months.
I started taking a zinc supplement 2 weeks prior to injection and for 24 hours post injection, i did not go to the gym or do activities where I sweated alot. I'll let you know how it goes!

Happy to be me and crease free :D

Update picture

More on Botox. Nitty gritty details :O

I wanted to write some of the details of my Botox injection but not on the original posts as it would make it entirely too long.

Like I said in earlier posts I had Botox around my eyes and glabella done.

Numbing cream was offered but I opted not to use it. Mainly because to me the numbing cream works on the top layer but not so much deeper, so I still feel the injection. Not really worth the extra time to "numb up" to me.

The needle is very tiny, and the toxin does not have alot of "sting" to me. So I basically feel the little pokes. Not bad. There is one place in the glabella area, a little further down towards my nose that smarts some. But nothing like getting an antibiotic shot!!

It took maybe 7-9 minutes to complete. Pretty quick, actually.

For glabella ( between between eyes) I had to make my frowny face. Then my doctor injected areas based on my frown lines. Around my eyes, I had to clench my teeth, then relax. I barely felt the injections around my eyes - they were much easier than the other.

I had only a couple drops of blood from the injections. No swelling or bruising, I returned to wor that day after my appointment.

The day after injections I have (every time) had weird little things happen feel maybe connected to my injections, I'm not sure.

The bags under my eyes seemed a little more puffy (Clinique all about eyes, sliced cucumbers for eye pads work well to reduce the puff some) this puffiness lasted a couple days- they had the appearance my allergies are misbehaving.

I also felt a little achy for about 3 days, nothing horrible, just a little tired, slight muscle aches and a nagging baby headache- I took tylenol and it did the trick to snap me in shape!

It seemed my allergies maybe have been a little more irritated as well, but who knows, I live on the south- lots of allergens here!!

After the initial 3 days any puffiness or achy feeling had gone and I am just enjoying the results :)

Was it worth it? Definatly!!! I have reminders on my calendar to schedule my appointments ;)

8 days post injection - nice ..... :D

Hey guys,
It 8 days since my Botox. I think it looks great! I'm really happy Dr S suggested getting it around my eyes- I am really liking it!

Several of my patients have told me this week that I look really good- they have no idea ! Awe, they totally made my day :)

As you can see in the "frowny face" picture, my eye lids are pretty swollen - that's not from Botox- it's grass :( allergies are not my friend.

Sept 25 will be 11 weeks - calendar is marked, alerts set for next injection :) awesome!!

4 weeks still great results :)

It's been 4 weeks since my Botox injections. I really, really love the areas done this time- seriously!!! My fav so far :)

I've continued to add zinc to my diet, it boost immunity but I had read it may help Botox effects longer. We shall see!

I have very little movement for the injected sites. It's still looking great to me! I've had people day, gosh you must be doing great, you look fabulous! And life must be good for you, you look great! I just smile (without squinty lines now, LOL!) the pictures I added, I am not wearing any apnea se make up so you can view my actual skin and texture.

7 weeks to go! Got my calendar marked and my wallet filled :)

Found a picture before any Botox

This was taken before I had any Botox - you can't see the deep glabella lines because of my angle, but the "crows feet" are pretty deep.

I do love me some Botox!! :)

6 weeks post injection. Loving my Botox!

It's been 6 weeks since Botox injection. Love the results!! I'm stll taking zinc- will let you. Ow if we can get closer to 3 months with it :)

My face is so much for happier since it doesn't have the frowny lines :)

6 week pic

Posted before I added my rt side pic :)

Love my results!! 8 weeks still looking good :)

It's been 8 weeks since my last Botox injection. Everything still looks great, getting airflow more movement back but it seems like its lasting great!

Still loving getting my eyes done!! My sister liked it on me so much she got Botox and Juvaderm last week. My face must be a good advertiser :)

I don't Telly secrets to everyone, just my sisters really, oh and all of you on RS :) you guys know more about my personal stuff than most! :O

My spa is having open house in a few weeks I think so will get my new injections then :) whoo hoo! I'm so excited!! (Obviously doesn't tak much to make me happy, right? Lol)

Laters,
D.

Botox at 11weeks still looking great!

So tomorrow it will be 11 weeks since my last Botox and I think it's doing great!

I do have more movement (of course) in the glabellar region (11's) but not nearly as much around my eyes.

I have continued to take zinc with my multi vitamin daily since just before I was injected. Not sure if it's the zinc or the mere fact that I have had Botox 3 times- but defiantly can see where the results have lasted longer than prior injections :) oh ya!!

Guess who's getting more Botox on Friday?? Me, Me, Me! So excited that the deep creases can be softened by a few hundred dollars every few months! I love my results from Botox and I love the softer look I get from it!

Yes, my alert on the calendar sounded last Friday to let me know I had a week and a half until "oh happy, happy day again!" :)

I have started using a complex serum by SkinCeuticals that seems to be firming, brightening and smoothing my skin tone- especially around the lined areas of my eyes. Pricey (I think) but so far the results are good!

To me, it's worth the investment. Defiantly makes me feel better about my appearance! Completely worth it! One word of advice, just my two cents worth :), always used credible injections. Do your homework and be alerted to too good to be true deals.

Have a Happy Botoxiful Day, friends!!

(((((Hugs)))))
D.

Arnica

Here's the arnica I used but there are several brands. It comes in 30x and 6x. From what I understand the 30x does best for bruising.
It can be bought at some plastic surgeons offices, GNC, pureformula.com and other vitamin shops.
This is the one I got. :)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I've used Dr Schaffer for several procedures, including Botox and have been completely satisfied with my experiences there. He takes time to answer concerns, gives honest answers ( he will tell me quickly if my thoughts are not the best choice), wonderful staff, always treated like a friend from the reception and nurses, wait time is reasonalble, he never appears rushed or trying to hurry out, beautiful facility and the spa has incredible specials from time to time! (Spagreystone.com) It's one of my favorite places :) I feel Dr Schaffer tries to make each person look their best. Thanks, Dr S!

I'm getting Botox before my surgery! OMG I can't wait now that I've seen your reviews! You look fantastic!!
I seriously love it!! Go every 3 months- is scheduled on my calendar LOL!!
So glad you are doing good! You look great!! I had Botox done today 3 rd time for me . This time I got it around my eyes also, I love it so far , you and I are practically neighbors I live in the Guntersville area ,, I use Dr. Vineyard in Guntersville , have had fraxel and love the results of it also!!
Abliar, ya!!! I love it around my eyes, I just got my second injection last week. I can't believe low it really lifts and freshens my eyes! I hope you love your too! Let me know what you think after a few days! How neat is that!! Guntersville is beautiful! I'm actually in Anniston, by PS and spa is bham :) worth the drive :D so nice to meet you!
What does Fraxel do?
Nice yo meet you also, fraxel resurface treatment improves the tone and texture, reduces wrinkles around your eyes, erases brown spots, evens out skin tone , most people don't have to wear make up after this treatment, it's a laser and requires 4 treatments at least 4 weeks apart, I had my last one about 2 weeks ago, I posted some pics on my profile ,,
Beautiful results with the Fraxel and Botox!!! I so laser Genesis and IPL tx. My tone and texture have really smoothed out with those. It dones do really anything for the deep crease a over my brow but all else is really looking nice. I don't have to wear make up but I do. I had very bad red cheeks, chin and nose. Plus very freckled, is all almost the same tone now. I really love the Genesis. I may ask if fraxel would be a better option for me. Thank you for the share!!
Your results are honestly fantastic. I have a similar problem with my eyes so I'm hoping Botox will help me as well
Hey Bsprung! Thank you! I are you talking about between the eyes or around them? My lines are pretty deep Nd I'm very expressive- so I make frequent trips every 3 months lol. Have you got it yet? I hope so too!!!
No...I probably won't get anything until this coming spring. Got a nice little bonus on the way so I can put some $$ aside! I wanted juvederm for the longest and never really considered Botox an option. But I started taking better care of my skin (no tanning, sunblock, exfoliation, peels etc), and some of the areas I was fretting over got better. Now I'm looking for more long term solutions to some of the lines that are slight right now but I know will become deep wrinkles as I get older, specifically a line that's been developing at the top of my forehead (genetic). Also my crows feet are getting somewhat developed; I'd say they're much like yours (pre-tox). Thanks for asking!
I understand looking at long term solutions. I am doung good with the Botox- when I'm a little older ill prob do a brow lift. I really liked the response from my crows feet! Pleasantly surprised actually! Now I LOVE Juvaderm!!! I've had that twice in my lips and seriously considering doing my smile line the 24th of the month. My spa is having an open house and Juvaderm will be 400. Plus I have $$ off from brilliantdistinctions.com If you are not sign pedi up in that you should check it out. You earn points and money off you injections. Let me know when you take the plunge :)
Thanks I will...thanks for the advice! You look great!
You're welcome! Thank you :) you know I'll be anxiously waiting.... Lol

I'm 55 and thinking of getting botox. I'm a little scared.

Hey girl, sorry I just seen your post- it didn't go to my inbox for some reason :( I understand, that's why I waited so long, now I wonder why I waited! Lol. what scares you the most?
Baby cake, I'm 48 and got my first injections last year. Love it!!!! I do go to my plastic surgeon for my injections. I like his work and he does good with injecting me. Let me know when you decide to get it and how you like it :) exciting!!!!
I made an appointment for Oct 16th. I will be getting Botox and Juvaderm. AHHHHH
Awesome!! If the offer numbing for Juvaderm take it. I usually don't get any with Botox as to me it's not bad, for for the Juvaderm I get numbed :) couple thoughts. Have you ever used arnica? Start taking it about 3-4 days before your injections and the day of you injection. Will help you not to bruise as much (if you're a bruiser) also, you are going to have swelling after Juvaderm, don't decide if you love it or hate it until about 7 days. After that it is what it is :) it takes 5-10 days for the full effects of Botox to work full too. You'll have some immediate effects- but you'll notice a lot more after about a week-10 days. No one told me this and it would have been good to know :) especially about the arnica :) enjoy!!! And let me know what you think of it! I'm excited for you!!!!
I've never heard of arnica. Can I get it at the health food store. I am a redhead and do bruise easily.
Most likely they will have it at a health food store. I know GNC has it. My spa has it, and pure formula.com does. Get the 30x. It comes in 6x and 30x strength. The 30x says to dissolve 3 tablets under tongue 3 times a day. I do it 3-4 days before my injections. Did you see my lips pics? I have a picture of my 1st Juvaderm injection without arnica, my next was with it. Huge difference !! I posted a little picture of the bottle I used.
Wow, wonderful results. Too bad Botox does not last longer than 3 months typically. It's not cheap but not too expensive but to have to do it 4 times a year can add up! My dermatologist suggested I get the 11s, crows feet and an area around my chin at $14/unit. I'm 34 and don't have strong or deep marks but she said I should start as a preventative measure. What are your thoughts on that? I'm a little afraid of what I read for the possible side effects.
Thank you!! I appreciate the compliment. I think that starting early may have some credit , but if it doesn't bother you don't get it done - my glabellar lines were very deep, the ones around my eyes were just alot of them- I love how it smoothed everything out. Plus I can tell that my facial expressions have changed some- which means those muscles that made the bad places are not working hard to recreate them :) If yours are not bad, your botox may last even longer. If you do decide to get botox, you may want to consider getting only one area done and see if you like it. I work out alot and I've heard that plays a role in how long it lasts as well. I think that $14/unit is pretty high. have you considered looking inot a plastic surgeon's office for that service? I go to my plastic surgeon an his prices are way less than that for Botox, and even less for Dysport and Xeomin. About the side effects- for me they are very mild and only last a couple days- so it's totally worth it. Right after injections, I don't have any side effects. Then the next day I have had a slight head ache that tylenol takes care of and my sinuses appear to be acting up. By day 2 or 3 everything is back to normal. Never bruised or had swelling. My sister did not have a head ache, but her sinuses drained some ( I know weird) then others don't have any...
Thanks for the reply. I was more concerned about the other side effects that are more permanent or harmful like paralysis, etc. The derm I guess charges more cause she can. My dentist offers this service too for only $11/unit but I thought it was weird to get that done at a dentist even though she was trained to do it.
Ya, is weird a dentist would offer it. Idk. I still like letting my PS do mine. He's good and studied the facial structure as his profession. Idk, I'm just sort of anal about that i guess. Lol. I really haven't looked at the stats of how many pts out of the groups have had the severe effects. Wild be interesting though.
The good news is that if you start early on the Botox and do it as recommended by your doctor you will begin to need it less often as time goes by. I began using Botox for forgead lines in 2006. The first two years I got injections every three to four months but now I go about once every eight months or so. My muscles are now remembering what they should be doing! My doctor, Ben Hugo, uses an ice cube and gentle touch and there is never any pain or swelling after. Within three days I always look like I have taken a short restful vacation. It's worth the money and gets easier over time if you are following your doctors advice!