Love Botox! Will Make Sure This is Factored in my Budgets ;) - Birmingham, AL

I'm 48 and have had pretty deep creases in the...

I'm 48 and have had pretty deep creases in the glabellar area for ever I think. I always looked mad :( !
January 2013 was my first injection of Botox. I had the glabella area done, loved it!!!! I noticed that around 8 weeks i had quite a bit of movement, by 10 I think all had returned.
In April I tried Dysport (glabella and forehead lines) to see if there was a difference. I noticed it took about a week for the Dyaport to begin paralysing the muscles. At 8 weeks much of my movement had returned. I liked this ok, but will tell you, I had some puffiness in my upper eye lids that gave an appearance of droopiness. It only lasted a couple weeks and then returned to normal.

It was time for injections again July 10- I asked my PS if he thought I needed Botox in my forehead he said no, so I opted to have the glabella area done. He asked if I had ever considered botox around my eyes. I had not because I'm pretty expressive and did not want to loose what makes me - me. He assured me it would look natural and only relax the deep creases and possibly lift my brows some. So, I'm the kind of girl that will try any thing once ;) and went for it.
I must say I am really liking the results! I believe these injections have been my favorite yet. After only 3 days the lines have softened considerably! I still have my expression :D sigh....
He injected the glabella area and feathered it up so the crease in my forehead also received some effects of the Botox. The area around my eyes has responded very well and are softer, more relaxed and I do not look fake (I don't think so anyways :)
I did two things differently this time round as an experienment to see if it would make the Botox work faster and hopefully last closer to 3 months.
I started taking a zinc supplement 2 weeks prior to injection and for 24 hours post injection, i did not go to the gym or do activities where I sweated alot. I'll let you know how it goes!

Happy to be me and crease free :D

Update picture

More on Botox. Nitty gritty details :O

I wanted to write some of the details of my Botox injection but not on the original posts as it would make it entirely too long.

Like I said in earlier posts I had Botox around my eyes and glabella done.

Numbing cream was offered but I opted not to use it. Mainly because to me the numbing cream works on the top layer but not so much deeper, so I still feel the injection. Not really worth the extra time to "numb up" to me.

The needle is very tiny, and the toxin does not have alot of "sting" to me. So I basically feel the little pokes. Not bad. There is one place in the glabella area, a little further down towards my nose that smarts some. But nothing like getting an antibiotic shot!!

It took maybe 7-9 minutes to complete. Pretty quick, actually.

For glabella ( between between eyes) I had to make my frowny face. Then my doctor injected areas based on my frown lines. Around my eyes, I had to clench my teeth, then relax. I barely felt the injections around my eyes - they were much easier than the other.

I had only a couple drops of blood from the injections. No swelling or bruising, I returned to wor that day after my appointment.

The day after injections I have (every time) had weird little things happen feel maybe connected to my injections, I'm not sure.

The bags under my eyes seemed a little more puffy (Clinique all about eyes, sliced cucumbers for eye pads work well to reduce the puff some) this puffiness lasted a couple days- they had the appearance my allergies are misbehaving.

I also felt a little achy for about 3 days, nothing horrible, just a little tired, slight muscle aches and a nagging baby headache- I took tylenol and it did the trick to snap me in shape!

It seemed my allergies maybe have been a little more irritated as well, but who knows, I live on the south- lots of allergens here!!

After the initial 3 days any puffiness or achy feeling had gone and I am just enjoying the results :)

Was it worth it? Definatly!!! I have reminders on my calendar to schedule my appointments ;)

8 days post injection - nice ..... :D

Hey guys,
It 8 days since my Botox. I think it looks great! I'm really happy Dr S suggested getting it around my eyes- I am really liking it!

Several of my patients have told me this week that I look really good- they have no idea ! Awe, they totally made my day :)

As you can see in the "frowny face" picture, my eye lids are pretty swollen - that's not from Botox- it's grass :( allergies are not my friend.

Sept 25 will be 11 weeks - calendar is marked, alerts set for next injection :) awesome!!

4 weeks still great results :)

It's been 4 weeks since my Botox injections. I really, really love the areas done this time- seriously!!! My fav so far :)

I've continued to add zinc to my diet, it boost immunity but I had read it may help Botox effects longer. We shall see!

I have very little movement for the injected sites. It's still looking great to me! I've had people day, gosh you must be doing great, you look fabulous! And life must be good for you, you look great! I just smile (without squinty lines now, LOL!) the pictures I added, I am not wearing any apnea se make up so you can view my actual skin and texture.

7 weeks to go! Got my calendar marked and my wallet filled :)

Found a picture before any Botox

This was taken before I had any Botox - you can't see the deep glabella lines because of my angle, but the "crows feet" are pretty deep.

I do love me some Botox!! :)

6 weeks post injection. Loving my Botox!

It's been 6 weeks since Botox injection. Love the results!! I'm stll taking zinc- will let you. Ow if we can get closer to 3 months with it :)

My face is so much for happier since it doesn't have the frowny lines :)

6 week pic

Posted before I added my rt side pic :)

Love my results!! 8 weeks still looking good :)

It's been 8 weeks since my last Botox injection. Everything still looks great, getting airflow more movement back but it seems like its lasting great!

Still loving getting my eyes done!! My sister liked it on me so much she got Botox and Juvaderm last week. My face must be a good advertiser :)

I don't Telly secrets to everyone, just my sisters really, oh and all of you on RS :) you guys know more about my personal stuff than most! :O

My spa is having open house in a few weeks I think so will get my new injections then :) whoo hoo! I'm so excited!! (Obviously doesn't tak much to make me happy, right? Lol)

Laters,
D.

Botox at 11weeks still looking great!

So tomorrow it will be 11 weeks since my last Botox and I think it's doing great!

I do have more movement (of course) in the glabellar region (11's) but not nearly as much around my eyes.

I have continued to take zinc with my multi vitamin daily since just before I was injected. Not sure if it's the zinc or the mere fact that I have had Botox 3 times- but defiantly can see where the results have lasted longer than prior injections :) oh ya!!

Guess who's getting more Botox on Friday?? Me, Me, Me! So excited that the deep creases can be softened by a few hundred dollars every few months! I love my results from Botox and I love the softer look I get from it!

Yes, my alert on the calendar sounded last Friday to let me know I had a week and a half until "oh happy, happy day again!" :)

I have started using a complex serum by SkinCeuticals that seems to be firming, brightening and smoothing my skin tone- especially around the lined areas of my eyes. Pricey (I think) but so far the results are good!

To me, it's worth the investment. Defiantly makes me feel better about my appearance! Completely worth it! One word of advice, just my two cents worth :), always used credible injections. Do your homework and be alerted to too good to be true deals.

Have a Happy Botoxiful Day, friends!!

(((((Hugs)))))
D.

Arnica

Here's the arnica I used but there are several brands. It comes in 30x and 6x. From what I understand the 30x does best for bruising.
It can be bought at some plastic surgeons offices, GNC, pureformula.com and other vitamin shops.
This is the one I got. :)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I've used Dr Schaffer for several procedures, including Botox and have been completely satisfied with my experiences there. He takes time to answer concerns, gives honest answers ( he will tell me quickly if my thoughts are not the best choice), wonderful staff, always treated like a friend from the reception and nurses, wait time is reasonalble, he never appears rushed or trying to hurry out, beautiful facility and the spa has incredible specials from time to time! (Spagreystone.com) It's one of my favorite places :) I feel Dr Schaffer tries to make each person look their best. Thanks, Dr S!