26, PCOS Love Handles :-(

I really am going to be realistic but I cant go on...

I really am going to be realistic but I cant go on with these LOVE HANDLES. I have to wear jackets with everything just to not feel self-conscious. Time for a change & dealing with ALL the other issues of PCOS (infertility, hair growth in bad places), this has got to the beginning of rebuilding my self confidence. Count down has begun!!
Surgery is Feb 28th, exactly 3weeks away. Cant wait, just in time for my wedding anniversary in April!!
Leaving all my fears of General anesthesia in Gods hand. (Doc said i have to do general). Will be updating & posting the more I do research as well

QUESTIONS????

I have two pages of questions for my doc on my pre op appt this Thursday because i am seeing alot of reviews on mostly liposuction for abdomen & flanks. But I am ONLY getting flanks done. Is there anyone out there that could give me any helpful info on what you went through, are your results what you expected? Did anyone get Lipo from Dr. Hedden offices, with Dr. Schaffer?? PLEASE!! Im a nervous wreck & kind of nervous to ask my doc all these questions.

THANKS a bunch!!!

2 weeks to go

Had my pre op appt today & I finally think I am Ready. Omg, the nurse was soooo informative & patient with me asking 3 pages of ?'s. I am a researcher, so i had Alot questions from every source I could think of. My doctor says I should see 'significant' improvement. I am definitely very realistic but praying for the best possible. I have been cutting back & drinking alot of water so that should help as far as a bit of weight loss before surgery. I even got a new hair cut for my new body Lol!!!
Will update day of surgery, tha 28th!!! Hopeful with Alot of prayers going up!!!

NewMe!!!!

Side view only

A lil hesitant to add this because im so self conscious but the should be a before & after to compare

COUNTDOWN

Okay, We are 1 week away before the surgery. Going shopping today for my surgery outfit & post op clothes. I was told everything needs to be loose fitting & mostly everything i wear is tight or just IS because of my stomach LOL!!! Most of the nervous feeling is over, its more anxious now. Really wish i had a more understanding job to where I could take off for the whole week but i will be back to work in 3 days :-( Anyways, will still enjoy the fact Im doing this for me & I pray I will be in love with the results!!
COUNTDOWN!!!!! 6 days to go!!!

TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!!!

Okay, I was not nervous @ all until i got the call on what time to be @ the doctor. I requested an afternoon appt so my husband could be there after work. BUT i cant eat anything after 12am 2night :-( thats gon b suppppeerr hard but it has 2b done. I have great support & quite few people praying for me. I did not keep my surgery a secret because I am doing this for me & was not ashamed @ all because I AM tha 1 paying for it so thats how it is Lol!!! Sending up a prayer 4 all the sx people who had 1 this week, tomorrow & 4 tha 1's coming up soon. Will post 1 last pre-op pic. Coming soon!!

Its all done!!!!!

Wow!!! I did it. Still cant believe its done & over with & I am SORE as heck Lol... I had a lil bit of bruising from what I can see. I went in for my follow up this morning & I saw Dr. Hedden, (my doctor was not in) & said things looked great. Honestly, I feel as if i see improvement already. I am taking my pain medicines every 4 hours because I NEED THEM Lol!! I was told to walk quite a bit today & to not lay in the bed, only as needed. Im drinking so much water & gatorade that i am up & down every 3hrs anyway. So far so good. I have a high pain tolerance sovthe worst for me was getting in & out the car & bed. Im soooo excited i can eat real food 2dat because I was already burnt out on soup Lol!!!! Will update post pic once I take a shower!!!!!

Here We go!!!! Before & After

I only got conventional lipo to my flanks & I already see the difference. I was SUPER nervous 2take this compression off, I didnt know what to expect Lol... I've always been able to tighten up my abdomen on my own so I cant wait til all the swelling goes down. So far so Good!!

Moving Along!!!!

2days post op & things are getting better very slowly. The pain medicine is still my best friend & im slowly trying 2 'wing' myself off them completely. Have got out the bed twice by myself because my husband went back to work today :-(... The hardest part is sitting down & when I first get up, feels like my belly weighs a TON!!! I think it'll take about a good week for me to back to normal. My doc excuse is until Thursday & I probably wont be going back until then. I havent done any massages because the doc didnt recommend any, i guess cause i only had flanks done. Im still swollen & bruised but better than yesterday. I really must say being on this website, & seeing similar stories & we're almost going through the same things, REALLY has helped this process. Will continue 2update & pray 4 all speedy recoveries :-) :-)

Swollen!!!!!

First day back @ work was yesterday & I could have stayed the whole time BUT this compression garment is HORRIBLE!!!! It digs in my back & even though I'm still sorta numb, I can feel that, ALOT!!!! So i went shopping for Spanx, (my doctor gave me the okay as long as it held me tight enough), & that was HORRIBLE too. I could NEVER get that Spanx on in my condition, even a size Large was EXTREMELY tight. So I had a Gold's Gym waist belt that I used when i exercised & put that on me extra tight.
Went back to work today & had to leave again from SO much swelling. My sides felt like they were going to explode, Like blowing up a balloon!!!! I didn't look it but I felt it. Sooo,... word of advice, wear your garment Lol!! My 2nd follow up appt is next Thursday & I will definitely express my concerns with my PS. He did not say anything about the massages everyone is talking about, but I heard they help with the swelling, Idk!
I must say, I love how I look in my clothes without the bulky uncomfortable garment so thats a plus.
Day 7 of this loooonnnngggg journey :-)

Cant wait

I can not wait 2b able 2exercise & tighten everything else right on up because I have already lost 14 pounds due 2diet after lipo & light walking!! My f/u appt was good. He finally mentioned the massages & gave me a complimentary 1 to the Spa located in the same building as the office. Im making my appt next week & i cant wait to see what the massages improve. I've heard GREAT things about them because i do have some hard spots. I really excited about my new change in lifestyle as far as getting healthier. I cant believe how good water taste now 2 Lol!!! It it giving me life & i know helping with the weight loss... Happy healing every1

1st Endermologie session

Okay, im here for my first massage session. I will be 3 weeks post op 2morrow so i think Im ready. Im nervous if its going to hurt or not because I still have lumpy areas. Overall though, Im doing great. I started exercising about a week ago, 30 mins a day, this wk im @ 45 mins a day, next week will be a full hour. I am noving around just like before surgery & have resumed all activities. The only thing is the lumps in my side around my pelvic area, if i bend a certain way, I definitely do feel them but nothing to even take pain medicine for. Im sooo excited to see the results AFTER endemologie because I heard it works wonders! Will update! Hopefully more comfort than discomfort * fingercrossed*

4 weeks post Op Pic :-/

I finally built up the nerve to post an after pic w/o a girdle or my garment. I have only have 2 Endermologie massages & my 3rd 1 is 2morrow afternoon. I personally, have felt they helped, esp with the hardness. I still have a great bit of lumpiness but thats expectex of course. To add, i have been working out EVERYDAY since 2wks post op 4 a minimum of 30 mins, watching what I eat & havent a soft drink in 1 month & 15 days so NOTHING but water. I have lost so far 21 pounds & i feel better everyday. I really hope I can be some motivation 4someone post lipo or pre lipo. Im going to change my stat 2 worth it now Lol!! Best wishes to every1

6 Week post OP TODAY!!!!

5th Endermologie treatment tomorrow!!
I have hit a 'plato', no more weight lost but havent gained either so thats okay. I think I have build more muscle than anything with doing squats & some weight lifting. So far so good though. Still have sore spots that i contribute to exercise & sit ups but nothing I cant deal will.
Im super excited to fit in this dress for my anniversary next week & will def unload the new pic of the New me :-)!!!!

3 months POST OP-Ouch!!!!

Today makes 3 months & there is still swelling if im out of my garment or cincher for more than an hr & i am having a bit of pain in flank area. Without compression of some form, it is very uncomfortable. Still exercising with a waist trimmer cause w/o I dont think i could bare it.
Is pain to touch & moving normal @ this point? PLEASE somebody help me out!! Im starting to get a lil worried

Almost 5 months post Op

I'm 2 weeks away from 5 months post op. This is probably as good as it's going to get. I'm like 80% satisfied. I always consider where I came from so that may make it 90% :)
I think if I would have had my FULL flanks done & back I would have had better results. (I'm pretty sure the PS only did the side of my flanks.)
I do feel better now, still some pain when I don't have anything on like a cincher or garment. I can wear different things now that I never have been able to. Next week is my summer vacation & I brought a 2piece (probably won't wear it w/o a cover up) Lol!!!!
I'm still watching what I eat & Exercise so I guess it will be continued progress.
Happy continued healing!!!

6 months post Op

Just wanted to update since I'm 1 week away from the point where docs say "should be the final results". I still have good & bad days. Still pain in flanks & burning. Hopefully 1 day I can go w/o my cincher or garment but it is uncomfortable without them @ this point. Still wishing happy healing to every 1 :-)

1 week from 6 months post op

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

1st... this PS is better known for breast argumentation NOT lipo. Dr.Schaffer explained what could be expected from the procedure though. I wish he was more positive regarding my results. I had alot of weight around my waist and he was not encouraging... In his words "I wont look great but there will be a significant improvement." Not something you want to hear when you are investing thousands of your hard earned money. Despite the negativity, I do look "GREAT" because of my determation to become more healthy & also considering where I came from. I never wanted the "skinny model" look results just to look & feel better in my clothes. Thats done so im happy I did it. If i could go back I would choose a different surgeon who cares more about the patients outcome when your not getting your boobs done.

Your results are great. Despite having a surgeon that seemed rude, you look fantastic.
You look amazing! ☺
Thank you so much!!
I think you are looking great!
Thank you soo much!
IT'S UNFORTUNATE your ps was insensitive to your needs. I hope you do like the improvement,i think you look GOOD!!!!!! :) Have a good night.
Thank you so much & yes if I could choose another 1, I would go back & do just that. But overall, a lot was taken off so There is improvement. Just wish the discomfort would subside so I am able to go w/o a cincher. But other than that, It's just a continuos work in progress.... You have a good day as well
Stay positive and do your workouts and healthier easting to maintain the BEST results :) Happy Sunday!
Yes I sure will! Thanks :)
Your welcome! :)
I can see ur difference but know how u feel. I am most likely 100% happy also but about 90% satisfied. I am happy that I look so much better in my clothes but my one flank is slightly larger than the other and I still have some hardness of the abdomen. Do I think a lipo revision is necessary? No. I am just happy with me and not perfection.
Exactly!! I love how u put that & that's exactly how I feel.
Thx.
You are looking wonderful! Congrats on being so motivated and working out everyday! You are definently an inspiration:)
Thank you so much. 4 months post op & things are still improving. Still some swelling & pain but I feel it gets better with time
Hey! How's it going now that another month has passed? Isn't it AWESOME not to have to wear a jacket everywhere? Even on hot days!! I had the same issue :)
Yes its fantastic!!! I really love how I look in my clothes now. I don't remember the last time I was able to wear a medium anything now thats all I wear. I'm still wearing a waist cincher because I still have pain if I dont wear something but its still a great improvement without it!! Im a whole new person lol!
That's so wonderful!!! Congratulations! I have to admit I have left the house once or twice in a bit of a skimpy number because I could never wear anything like that lol! I am SO glad for you!! Enjoy your jacket- free summer!!!!! :-D
Thank you. U enjoy yours as well
Hey! check out my review. I too am a little over 3 months post op and I still have swelling and pain especially in my flanks. My doctor says its going to still be healing up to 4 to 6 months especially when you work out it contributes to the swelling as well.
Okay, thanks. I will def check it out. & exercising def contributed to my pain & swelling. Its good to know its not just me still going through these things lol!!
Like I said I am almost five months and sometimes when I exercise I will get this strange almost pulling sensation and I wonder if I am overdoing. Usually when it happens it is something I have been doing without that problem. Go figure. And yes, yesterday I was swollen at the end of the day for some reason.
I wore either the corset or CG for at least 12 hours a day until the last couple of weeks. I will be five months in six days. Some days I still see some swelling.
Okay thanks!! I HAVE to wear something or its quite painful. Are you liking your results at this point?
I look so much better in my clothes, I have not lost pant sizes but now I have a waist and no muffin top. I still have some unevenness but it seems to b subsiding with massage and time. I would say I am 90% satisfied. If it does not improve I will still be happy. The doctor told me that some people take 6-12 months to see complete results so I am hanging in there.