Breast Augmentation in 2004 - Birmingham, AL

Dr Hedden did my saline implants in June 2004, I...

Dr Hedden did my saline implants in June 2004, I decided pre op to let him use his judgement and I must say the end result ( after nursing 4 children) was gorgeous! It was relatively painless but under the muscle makes it feel at first like they're under your chin! It settled nicely but I want to warn people that 500mil is fine if you are a size 4-6 ( individual build is important to a good proportion- we specifically wanted large but not like an ex stripper! -bf asked for " corporate breasts" ROTFL! - meaning adding to a curvy figure but not embarrassing him publicly! I.e. " Wow I bet she was a stripper he met" -this may sound too " pleasing" but in reality I think I was so excited about the procedure, if not for his being involved and thinking it all THRU , I'd have had monster breasts ( I'm saying think if your motives are from impressing others ! but IMO you should care about your partners feelings! ) I must say they were like a 25 year olds after-omg ! everyone wanted to see "them" and they don't feel as much a part of "you" as an acquisition you want to show off ( thus the willingness of women you hardly know lifting they're shirt, lol) I did settle in to them and that willingness went to modesty after they became part of my body! Now I am 50 and they have " spread" and are very heavy! so would I do it Again? probably - simply bc my proportion looked bombshell after and the rest of my body was in excellent condition- BUT if you are not wt perfect WAIT until you are! it makes fat look fatter not sexy! Also can you afford to Upkeep them? bc I am going to have to have a lift and probably totally redone as they are presently requiring a bra constantly ( which by the way I HIGHLY recommend!!)

I really like Dr Hedden ( bf, did too!) he is so nice and helpful and his whole staff is, I will return to him this year

I will add that HAD I worn sports bras at night PRIOR to needing them, my implants probably would have lasted 2 years longer, but seeing that it was 6/2004 and I'll need a re do in dec 2012 that's 8 1/2 years! I was 42 when " done" just turned 50 and my wt has fluctuated from 98 lbs ( in 2005 ) and I looked like a freakish Barbie! so if you tend to eating disorders, wait until your motives are for yourself- not to look " perfect" , now that I'm 50, I'm SO much more stable! and am looking forward to a nice THOUGHT OUT procedure! But I trust Dr Hedden!one other thing is he explained that this would NOT change the SHAPE of my body( I have a wide " space" bt my breasts ( had it at a b cup, this is the reason it won't " create cleavage" as easy- love the push up bras @ VS- a hint) and also if you have this , please make sure you do regular pec exercises ( under the muscle implants) bc your strength is goingto support these much better for longer! Be very careful to ask the DR abt which exercises are safe!!! and don't do anything until cleared! I had a bad personal trainer who ignored my complaints and was injured as a result! so listen ONLY to Dr! and your own comfort level! ( just thought I'd give those going larger some hints- the other thing is Dr Hedden could have " sold " me silicone, but treated me with care telling me personally he would do saline for his wife- this personal care , knowing he could have easily " up sold " me let me know his integrity & character! The scars are hard to even find and those I have shown after have thought I lied when I said they were implants!! ( to me that's the best compliment of all! ) they couldn't see the scar ( after 3 yrs) under my breasts! and the shape- tho large ( 36 C-D) they look incredibly natural! Thats why I'm so glad I let him use his judgement ! People in Birm can have a choice of lots of surgeons but EVERYONE wants to know who did mine!! ( I live in a neighborhood where almost 80% of women have had implants) I simply TRUST him so I can't see going to another DR!
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

The only thing I did not like was I was not properly followed up on and each after visit was barely 5 minutes, the practice was growing ( still is) in 2004 , so I attributed it to that but feel as doctors , they should take the time to make sure your ok beyond the very post operative visits