32 Single Mom, Lost 100+ Pounds and Ready to Find Me Again !! - Birmingham, AL

I'm exactly one month away from getting my breast...

I'm exactly one month away from getting my breast implants (silicone) and a full tummy tuck. After having a 10+ lb kid and losing a 100 pounds I'm ready for my body to get back to some kind of normal. I'm looking to get 550 cc under muscle. I have a curve to my back due to a car wreck and breaking my back in three places and my hips protrude out a little bit. I'm super nervous but so ready for my outsides to match my insides. I feel like I'm living in a foreign body.

Getting Anxious - only 3 weeks away

Anyone else having problems sleeping ? I'm so anxious about this procedure. I definitely have a "known outcome" personality. I personally have to know and understand why I'm doing something, what it can or will affect, and what the end result will be. This is so out of my element though. I have browsed through thousands of pictures and thought "hmmm... I wonder if my breast/tummy will look like this one or that one". Not knowing how exactly things will progress is driving me nuts ! Anyone else had these issues and if so how did you overcome them ? Cosmetic Surgery to me is like a hair cut. Lets face it there are people out there that I wish I could emulate their body parts but realistically we just can't. What works for one won't necessarily work for the other one. My eyes are showing the stress really bad and I'm in some dire need to rid myself of this anxiety !

Detox Begins !

So I'm off all coffee and caffeinated tea. I never really drink sodas anyway so that wasn't an issue anyway. Coffee without caffeine sorta is pointless with me so I'm adjusting. My co workers in the morning get the worst of it because I don't hit that cheerfulness mood till about 10 now. I'm drinking two pitchers A day of water with lemon, lime, cucumber and a small amount of mint. Being hydrated is a must !

Nerves for days !!!

I have just a little over a week to go and the closer it gets the more my nerves are shaken. I'm having doubts and regrets; which is completely normal but I can't seem to shake this steady stream of nervousness that I have. I worry about being off work for so long and my boyfriend and mom having to help me. It's just getting all to me. I am super independent and always have been. A control freak might be a better statement to be truthful. I have some deep cleaning I am going to be doing this weekend but I am so ready for the 8th to get here! I don't take anti depression medicine or anything like that. Gun Therapy is more my cup of tea but even that is only offering me an instant calm down and not a lasting one. Did anyone else deal with this and if so how did you combat it ?

Constipation from Hell !!

Ok. So I'm doing the detox thing and started on the stool softners and today out of no where I get the worst constipation I've had since I was pregnant. The kind that leaves you bent over in the bathroom praying to God to please get that demon out of you kind of constipation. I thought the stool softners were supposed to help !! I've been eating lots of greens and fiber enriched foods ! What the crapola is going on ?? Anyone else had this after they started the stool softners ??

Patiently waiting for my call

So I'm patiently waiting for my call to tell me my surgery time for Monday. I'm super excited and super anxious. I have so much to do this weekend I know it will pass by so fast. Last weekend of uneven boobs and a sloppy stomach. Can't wait for the new me ! I'm actually excited about having scars, being swollen, and potentially feeling like I have been ran over by a tractor. No pain is No gain. Plus after that hard part is over with its all downhill from there. A flat downhill at that ;)

The old me....

This is what I looked like when I was a big girl...

Got my time !!!!

Scheduler just called from Dr. Hedden's office and I am scheduled for Monday at 6:30 am !!!!!! I am so excited !! My gut literally feels like its twisting right now.

Made it over to the flat side !!

So I'm gonna keep this short and sweet cause truthfully I'm on meds that will make me say anything. I had my surgery today and I'm in severe pain. I've cried twice and unfortunately I got nauseated. That hurt the worse. Getting up and down is extremely hard and I can't do it without work. Follow up appointment is tomorrow morning and then I get to go Home. Thank you Lord ! Before pictures below.

First POST OP shot

I just got up to use the bathroom and the second go around was much easier than the first. Here's my first pics !!

My markings

Here is my all drawn up

Pictures from day after surgery

My post are all over the place. Sorry it's not me, it's the meds. Lol. Here is my first unclothed post op pictures though. Boobs still need to drop and stomach is super swollen. When I asked how much did he cut off my stomach he replied with "more than could fit on our scale". Wow !! That's exciting and scary all in the same sense.

Took first shower today

Ok, it was painful but so worth it. That shower felt amazing. My wonderful hunny went and got me a shower chair and I was able to wash myself and shave my legs. My wonderful hunny washed and conditioned my hair and even blow dried it for me. Is it sleek and frizz free... No but it's clean. Lol ! Here are the pictures from before my shower.

Coffee !!!!!

First cup of coffee in almost a month and OMG I'm in heaven. Had a good night last night. I'm actually going to do my hair today, put on clothes (that are not sweats) and do my makeup. No meds since 10 pm last night and I haven't took anything but arnica and bromelin for today. I'm not going to overdo it but I feel so much better !!! Yay for the good days !!

Today's pictures

Here are the pictures from today. Thinking I am going to start to wear the band today. My boobs seriously need to start dropping. I weighed today and I am 6.6 pounds heavier than the day if my surgery. I know that's swelling and water weight though so no worries there.

Breast dropping a lil - new pictures

So tomorrow will be exactly one week since my mommy makeover. I'm getting around so much better. I haven't attempted to drive yet but I'm not in any rush to either. I'm getting up and down by myself. Bathing by myself (while my wonderful boyfriend is at arms length) and for the most part gaining my independence back. My kiddo has done laundry for me today. He's ten so of course I've had to direct and work the machines for him but I'm not complaining. My family and friends have been nothing but encouraging so I'm a very blessed girl. Swelling is starting to go down some too. I normally wear a 6-7 in pants and boy did I feel like a stuffed sausage when I couldn't even fit into size 10's. That's ok, that's what they make dresses for ;). My f/u appointment is on Tuesday and hopefully this dang drain will come out. So here's my new pictures and although I'm not patient but I'm pretty darn happy so far. Just need my boobs to get on the same page ! Lol
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

So far so good ! He was so kind to my mom and my boyfriend. My boyfriend (bless his heart) is from Chicago and doesn't trust Alabama doctors since his mom died at the hand of one. Dr. Hedden was more than patient with him and made him feel comfortable which was very important to me. Can't wait for my f/u appointment on Tuesday !