32 Single Mom, Lost 100+ Pounds and Ready to Find Me Again !! - Birmingham, AL

I'm exactly one month away from getting my breast...

I'm exactly one month away from getting my breast implants (silicone) and a full tummy tuck. After having a 10+ lb kid and losing a 100 pounds I'm ready for my body to get back to some kind of normal. I'm looking to get 550 cc under muscle. I have a curve to my back due to a car wreck and breaking my back in three places and my hips protrude out a little bit. I'm super nervous but so ready for my outsides to match my insides. I feel like I'm living in a foreign body.
I can't wait to see your results. Congratulations on your weight loss.
Thank You !!
Hi Katrina, I also had a vsg about a year ago and am scheduled to have a mommy makeover. It would be great to compare notes. :)

Getting Anxious - only 3 weeks away

Anyone else having problems sleeping ? I'm so anxious about this procedure. I definitely have a "known outcome" personality. I personally have to know and understand why I'm doing something, what it can or will affect, and what the end result will be. This is so out of my element though. I have browsed through thousands of pictures and thought "hmmm... I wonder if my breast/tummy will look like this one or that one". Not knowing how exactly things will progress is driving me nuts ! Anyone else had these issues and if so how did you overcome them ? Cosmetic Surgery to me is like a hair cut. Lets face it there are people out there that I wish I could emulate their body parts but realistically we just can't. What works for one won't necessarily work for the other one. My eyes are showing the stress really bad and I'm in some dire need to rid myself of this anxiety !
Congratulations on your weighr loss and your upcoming surgery. I am now a year and a half po from an extended TT and breast augmentation. Dr Hedden performed my surgery and I love him. You couldn't have picked a better surgeon. Good luck and keep us updated.
I'm so nervous ! I have a question for you though. Your profile said you got 450 cc under the breast ? What size where you before your BA ? I'm thinking about 550cc. Truthfully though, doc Hedden said I was barely an A ! Thank God for padded bras all these years !! Lol
I was wearing a C cup. But didn't fill it up. Dr H said I was more like a B cup. 450ccs took me to a D cup.

Detox Begins !

So I'm off all coffee and caffeinated tea. I never really drink sodas anyway so that wasn't an issue anyway. Coffee without caffeine sorta is pointless with me so I'm adjusting. My co workers in the morning get the worst of it because I don't hit that cheerfulness mood till about 10 now. I'm drinking two pitchers A day of water with lemon, lime, cucumber and a small amount of mint. Being hydrated is a must !
Was the detox suggested by PS? I don't know if I could give up coffee. I only have one 8 oz cup a day but it is my last vice ;-)
I talked to the nurse and she said it was a great idea. I actually read a post here on this website where another woman similar to my age, size, and was anemic just like I am had done it and swears it helped with the swelling post her mommy makeover. I talked to my MD when I went had my CDC testing done for my mommy makeover and he said it was an awesome detox to do. I eat healthy most of the time but I want my body to be in the best "clean" state it can be in. Today was easier without coffee verses Monday. For me, coffee is more of a mental want than a physical want. I have my brain trained to think that my body doesn't wake up without the coffee. I'm slowly but surely finding out that's not true.
how exciting! congrats cant wait to see your results, I cant wait to be getting my mmo!

Nerves for days !!!

I have just a little over a week to go and the closer it gets the more my nerves are shaken. I'm having doubts and regrets; which is completely normal but I can't seem to shake this steady stream of nervousness that I have. I worry about being off work for so long and my boyfriend and mom having to help me. It's just getting all to me. I am super independent and always have been. A control freak might be a better statement to be truthful. I have some deep cleaning I am going to be doing this weekend but I am so ready for the 8th to get here! I don't take anti depression medicine or anything like that. Gun Therapy is more my cup of tea but even that is only offering me an instant calm down and not a lasting one. Did anyone else deal with this and if so how did you combat it ?
How many weeks pre-op did u give up caffeine?? I'm seeing dr Hedden n December and I may do this detox as well...but gotta knw how long lol. Also, how long post-op do u think u could go back to caffeine!?
I am doing it for 2 weeks pre surgery and 2 weeks post surgery. My biggest deal is coffee and right now I've weaned myself off it so I'm staying off as long as possible. I don't want to take anything in my body that can help with the swelling stay ! So with will power comes results so far. Fingers crossed!
Are you takung the multivitamins and vitamin C that they recommend at Dr Heddens before this surgery? My surgery was a year and a half ago and I'm still taking them. The whole work things depends on you. I went back to work after a wee. Dr H said that i should be good in a week. I wouldn't recommend anyone taking only a week off for this surgery. But depending on what you do and how you feel after 2 or 3 weeks you could prob go back. The worry is normal. I've seen so many ppl on here that went through what you are going through. I'm a huge worrier, but it was weird. Was too excited to worry about mine. Didnt worry or get nervous until the night before my surgery. You'll do great and be so glad you did it. Stop worrying!!! It will be fine, you'll see.

Constipation from Hell !!

Ok. So I'm doing the detox thing and started on the stool softners and today out of no where I get the worst constipation I've had since I was pregnant. The kind that leaves you bent over in the bathroom praying to God to please get that demon out of you kind of constipation. I thought the stool softners were supposed to help !! I've been eating lots of greens and fiber enriched foods ! What the crapola is going on ?? Anyone else had this after they started the stool softners ??
Do you have a cold pressed juice store near you? If so... go grab one and it'll clear you out. I always drink a cold pressed juice, they're so healthy and an all natural cleanser. Hope that helps.
I have a natural store near by that does have a fruit/smoothie bar and I'm so hitting that up today. I've had stomach aches since yesterday so I'm ready for some relief. Thanks !

Patiently waiting for my call

So I'm patiently waiting for my call to tell me my surgery time for Monday. I'm super excited and super anxious. I have so much to do this weekend I know it will pass by so fast. Last weekend of uneven boobs and a sloppy stomach. Can't wait for the new me ! I'm actually excited about having scars, being swollen, and potentially feeling like I have been ran over by a tractor. No pain is No gain. Plus after that hard part is over with its all downhill from there. A flat downhill at that ;)

The old me....

This is what I looked like when I was a big girl...

Got my time !!!!

Scheduler just called from Dr. Hedden's office and I am scheduled for Monday at 6:30 am !!!!!! I am so excited !! My gut literally feels like its twisting right now.
Good luck tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.
Thanks ma'am. Your were so sweet to talk to me. You calmed my nerves more than you will ever know and for that I am oh so very grateful.
You're more than welcome. Call if you have questions or just wanna talk to Simmons who's been through it. I've been there, I know how it is. Hope you are doing well today.

Made it over to the flat side !!

So I'm gonna keep this short and sweet cause truthfully I'm on meds that will make me say anything. I had my surgery today and I'm in severe pain. I've cried twice and unfortunately I got nauseated. That hurt the worse. Getting up and down is extremely hard and I can't do it without work. Follow up appointment is tomorrow morning and then I get to go Home. Thank you Lord ! Before pictures below.
Onto a quick and easy recovery!!! Hope you are liking the changes so far.
My mom said my boobs look amazing but I can I only see through the bra. My profile is wonderful though. Thank You !
Aww u poor thing!! Hang in there! Heal fast and rest, looking forward to ur results.

First POST OP shot

I just got up to use the bathroom and the second go around was much easier than the first. Here's my first pics !!

My markings

Here is my all drawn up
How ya doing ?
Lol truthfully I'm in some pain but each hour gets better and better. My sleep is all jacked up though.
Praying for you lady. And congrats on the most sexiest body. So, happy for you hunnie. Did you get moderate or high profile silicon?

Pictures from day after surgery

My post are all over the place. Sorry it's not me, it's the meds. Lol. Here is my first unclothed post op pictures though. Boobs still need to drop and stomach is super swollen. When I asked how much did he cut off my stomach he replied with "more than could fit on our scale". Wow !! That's exciting and scary all in the same sense.
You look great, btw!
Thanks ma'am. I keep envisioning this new body I will morph in too and keep positive minus all the swelling.
In a few weeks you will be amazed. Stay positive.

Took first shower today

Ok, it was painful but so worth it. That shower felt amazing. My wonderful hunny went and got me a shower chair and I was able to wash myself and shave my legs. My wonderful hunny washed and conditioned my hair and even blow dried it for me. Is it sleek and frizz free... No but it's clean. Lol ! Here are the pictures from before my shower.
Flat!!! Looking good!!!
Thanks ma'am. Part of me wants to cry because I want it super flat now but the other part of me looks at where I came from and where I am now and I think to myself to stop being a spoiled brat. Lol ! Encouraging words from here help so much !
I can imagine! Lol I can't wait to see u all healed up how good it gonna look!! I'm glad we could be of some use with our positive encouragement... Good luck happy healing

Coffee !!!!!

First cup of coffee in almost a month and OMG I'm in heaven. Had a good night last night. I'm actually going to do my hair today, put on clothes (that are not sweats) and do my makeup. No meds since 10 pm last night and I haven't took anything but arnica and bromelin for today. I'm not going to overdo it but I feel so much better !!! Yay for the good days !!

Today's pictures

Here are the pictures from today. Thinking I am going to start to wear the band today. My boobs seriously need to start dropping. I weighed today and I am 6.6 pounds heavier than the day if my surgery. I know that's swelling and water weight though so no worries there.
Your looking great! Pics are good, will definitely show you how far you've come! Your incisions look really good & swelling looks right on par! Keep showering everyday, this will help keep incisions clean & dried blood off. Also, it helps with back pain! Not to mention mentally a good thing! Keep going your almost through the most difficult part! Congrats on your new look!
Thank You ! The shower is my best friend right now. Also I hate being over obsessive about posting a picture everyday but it really helps me see the progress. We can only look in the mirror so much and remember so much. Everyday I'm getting stronger and stronger. I've been taking a q tip with peroxide on it and easing it around my belly button a couple times a day. So don't want to deal with infection. Thanks for the encouraging words. I remind myself daily this is a journey not a race.

Breast dropping a lil - new pictures

So tomorrow will be exactly one week since my mommy makeover. I'm getting around so much better. I haven't attempted to drive yet but I'm not in any rush to either. I'm getting up and down by myself. Bathing by myself (while my wonderful boyfriend is at arms length) and for the most part gaining my independence back. My kiddo has done laundry for me today. He's ten so of course I've had to direct and work the machines for him but I'm not complaining. My family and friends have been nothing but encouraging so I'm a very blessed girl. Swelling is starting to go down some too. I normally wear a 6-7 in pants and boy did I feel like a stuffed sausage when I couldn't even fit into size 10's. That's ok, that's what they make dresses for ;). My f/u appointment is on Tuesday and hopefully this dang drain will come out. So here's my new pictures and although I'm not patient but I'm pretty darn happy so far. Just need my boobs to get on the same page ! Lol
Wow, MMs are cheap in AL! I got 550s, too... How do you like them? Sometimes, I think I should've gotten a tad larger, but then I really wouldn't be able to fit into any of my old clothes! How's healing for newly out? I'm 1mo/10d and things are pretty much back to normal for me. Nice reading about your journey! Welcome to the 500-club! :)
Hello ;) My boobs are still not fully dropped are not even but I'm just a week post op today. I go get my drain out tomorrow so I'm thankful for that. I tried on some of my old shirts and I'm busting out of them. I'm good with that though because its time for a new wardrobe. Lol. I think mine are perfect for my frame. Normally I'm between 142-150 and I'm only 5'2 so I think if I'd gone any larger it wouldn't have looked right. I had no breast pain for the first few days. Now I have no tummy pain and all breast pain so maybe it's just the dropping that's causing the pain. I'm just glad I left the flat side for the boobies and joined the flat side for the tummies lol ;)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

So far so good ! He was so kind to my mom and my boyfriend. My boyfriend (bless his heart) is from Chicago and doesn't trust Alabama doctors since his mom died at the hand of one. Dr. Hedden was more than patient with him and made him feel comfortable which was very important to me. Can't wait for my f/u appointment on Tuesday !