TUBA Boob Implants 385CC Under the Muscle - Birmingham, AL

I received under the muscle saline implants...

I received under the muscle saline implants (385CC) via the TUBA incision. I had initially planned on getting silicone through the armpit using a Keller funnel. But, silicone requires a larger incision and I am prone to scarring. Besides, even if my implants do deflate, replacements can also be done via TUBA as well (in most cases....my doctor advised me of this). I already had a scar in my navel due to a tummy tuck so the plastic surgeon just went in through the same scar. So, I have no *new* scars by choosing saline.

The thing about saline that really bugged me at first is the fact that if they did deflate, I would have one flat breast. But, Mentor has a warranty for replacement implants and will also give you up to $1200 in doctors fees to have them replaced. And with the $1500 I saved by using saline combined with the warranty, I have more than enough money in my booby emergency fund to replace my saline implants if I ever need to. No matter whether you get saline or silicone, breast implants are not lifetime devices anyway. I did not want to spend a lot of money on silicone and then hate them and feel that implants are not for me. I did not want to spend too much money on my first surgery--because, let's face it, if you have implants, you are likely going under the knife again for replacements and revisions due to aging, breastfeeding, rupture etc.

They say silicone feels more natural. But, I am not in a sexual relationship right now anyway so I don't care about that. If I do get into a relationship, it certainly will not be with a man who is whiny enough to complain about how my saline implants feel! I am a thin woman...any man with eyes can see that. And thin women rarely have huge natural boobs because fat is a big component of boobs. If a man is too dimwitted to understand that, then I do not want to be with him anyway.

I am a big geek....I actually sat down with a pen and piece of paper and wrote out a list of pros and cons between my two choices (saline TUBA versus silicone through the armpit). Cost was not an issue for me. And even then, saline won out. Everyone is different and I advise anyone considering breast implants to do a list of pros and cons when it comes to which doctor to choose and which implant material to choose. If I did not already have a belly button scar from a tummy tuck, maybe silicone would have won out on my "pros and cons" list.

The day after surgery was rough....my stomach was killing me. But, now I feel a lot better. Waking up, your boobs feel heavy and hard. But, it is getting easier to move around. TUBA recovery is a lot easier than the armpit recovery and plus there are no tell tale scars on my boobs. I am very happy with TUBA. When they drop and fluff, I will be even happier!

Boob pics

Here are the boobs before. Later I will post some after shots.

First Shots of the New Tits

I took this a few days later in my cheap hotel in my old robe. I am not that old or that fat. I just look bloated and had just woken up. I have one of those Dream bras in black with a front clasp. I ordered some more sports bras.

Waiting for them to drop and fluff....

I am feeling okay actually. I am off of prescription painkillers. My left boob hurts near the armpit but it is more of a soreness. But, I just had surgery two weeks ago so I guess that is to be expected. I have began the massage of the breasts since I have been given the go-ahead from my doctor. They are still riding a bit high but I guess that is to be expected as well. I am waiting on the dropping and fluffing that people speak of so I will do a little online research on that.

Looking More Natural!

I am only having a little pain usually when I get up in the mornings. The pain is usually in the side of the breasts and is relieved by Tylenol. The breasts feel softer and look less "fake" now. I am going to be more diligent about the massaging so that they will drop and fluff and look more natural. I am cleared to take NSAIDS now but I am still nervous about that. I don't want to cause any bleeding around the implants and have that lead to capsular contracture. Better safe than sorry.

Feeling Good!

I feel pretty good. My left boob is a little sore underneath when I try to massage. I read that massaging might not even be necessary for breast augmentation patients. I don't know. Anyway, they are softer and are looking more natural. I am pleased! They only thing I am not pleased about is the weight I've gained. I was 118 in the summer of 2012 and now I am 128! About two pounds of that could be from the new boobs and swelling but I need to reign it in. I have been eating and exercising the same though. Weird.....

I Must Hop on that Massaging!

I have no major problems. Sometimes I feel a twinge of pain in my boobs but I have had surgery so I guess that is to be expected. Sometimes I feel as though I went a little too big. No biggie! Breast augmentation is not a once in a lifetime thing anyway as it is well known that people often get revisions after aging or pregnancies. But for right now, I am happy. They jiggle a little bit now so that makes them seem more natural. Sometimes they look a little too high up and too rigid and square. I have to start massaging them more vigorously and more often to help them look more natural and to help them drop more. But, it is still early in the game. I have just had them for a little over one month.

Finally Healed!

I have no more pain at all...no twinges or anything like that. I have been massaging and when my cellphone starts acting right, I will put up some new pictures. They have "dropped" more and look great. The only issue is that they don't really feel like real breasts but that is to be expected with saline. They feel more firm than real breasts. Overall, for the price I paid, I am very happy.

My Boobs To Date

Okay, my phone is working again so I took some pictures and decided to update you guys. The implant on my left has dropped really well. However, I can see from the pictures that the implant on the right has not dropped as well and is still sitting a bit high. I must start vigorously massaging the right breast and it will be fine I think.
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

He is a great doctor and is very friendly. The wait times can be long but he is a popular man and has a lot of patients so that is to be expected. His staff is nice as well. He does not push you into a particular implant material or incision site. He listens to what you want and he always encourages questions and encourages you to make the choice that is right for your body. His prices are awesome. Even with me having to travel, get a hotel, and hire a nurse, his prices are lower than the prices in my hometown. Plus, he is very skilled in different incision techniques. I am very pleased with Dr. Hedden!