Over Aggressive Rhinoplasty -Birmingham, AL

My nose was fine right after Dr. Rousso performed...

My nose was fine right after Dr. Rousso performed the nose job, however over time, due to my nasal cartilages being over-aggressively trimmed during rhinoplasty, my nose is now pinched, has retraction on one side, the cartilage has an s shape and my nasal potency compromised. I have seen 4 plastic surgeons that have confirmed this was a result of the rhinoplasty.

Have you been able to get this corrected? How long did it take for this to occur?
Have you been able to have it corrected? How long did it take for this to occur?

I am overwhelmed at the cost to have this surgery...

I am overwhelmed at the cost to have this surgery revised. So far my quotes have been anywhere from $18,000 to $26,000.

My rhinoplasty is one of 3 surgeries I had from Dr. Rousso, two of which had poor outcomes right off the bat. Still, I naively kept my faith in him AND continued to send him high paying clients. With my first surgery, not the nose job, I was too afraid to hurt his feelings by telling him my results were embarassing and that he should fix, no matter what it takes, for free, until it is made right. My best advice is to not look at a doctor like he is a god and to SPEAK UP. Today, I am just feeling very sad that he has refused to help fix my nose.
You know, people may not understand what you posted about not telling your doctor your true feelings about your results but I totally get it. You have a soft heart and don't like to see others disappointed or hurt. I've been down that road but one day had to put those uncomfortable feelings aside and well not put them aside but really learn how to deal with being uncomfortable and still express myself when my sanity depends on it. And believe it or not, people in that profession have thicker skin than we think. I'm sorry you are sad today. Please cheer up. And get the revision asap no matter what.
You are right! Apparently their skin is thicker than mine. People like you and me probably have a tendency to think everyone has as soft a heart as we do. :)

I have been receiving private messages about my...

I have been receiving private messages about my surgeries and probably need to clarify. I had 3 surgeries from Dr. Rousso, all of them different.
The first was a fat transplant to my upper lip which had disastrous results. I had a revision surgery which left me still with uneveneess and lumps. Much unease has come from the way my lip looks, not to mention years of trying different methods to fix it. The second surgery was a mini brow lift which left me with such huge scars I had to have revision surgery on that as well. I was never able to wear my hair pulled up again after that surgery because of the scars. The third was the rhinoplasty.
Some private emailers have asked me if I would advise for them to go to Dr. Rousso now, considering my results. In all honesty, I feel he has certainly improved since he did my surgeries. That being said, I have spent tens of thousands of dollars with him, not including the money he gained from my referrals, and yet he has flat out refused to help me fix my nose. This is not the type of doctor patient relationship for which I humbly hoped.

To finish up that thought I would say whether the...

To finish up that thought I would say whether the mistakes we make are intended or uninteded, we only have a few chances in life to right our wrongs. Everyone makes mistakes. The question is, what do we do when are confronted with them? After all of my suffering, in the future I will make sure when choosing a doctor to ask him this: should there be complications (beyond 6 months) down the road, will you feel MORALLY and ETHICALLY responsible for your work? The AMA code of ethics says that a physician shall be DEDICATED to providing competent medical care, with compassion and respect for human dignity and rights. As far as I can tell, there are no time limits on that (until you bring in the lawyers!)
Dr Davis' work looks very natural as the bridges are projecting nicely and not flat, sunken or too low. You definitely need the bridge built up and that will also help your one nostril not look flared. It extends beyond your inner eye corner. Talk to Dr Swartout and maybe send him some pictures. He may call you. I think he is going to be closer in a price range that you can do this sooner. He has recently done a similar one to yours and I heard it was fabulous. It was on a girl who is from another country and had several nose procedures prior to Dr Swartout. I believe he just moved from Chicago to Ca and that's why his price is still lower than others. It won't be for long based on his growing respected work. You really should get your money back from Rousso as it is obvious that his work on you is not acceptable. If you are only a few months out it is going to get even smaller.
I take that back! Dr Davis' pictures do look great. Check cost.
Are you sure??? What made you change your mind?

The most recent doctor I saw, a colleague of Dr....

The most recent doctor I saw, a colleague of Dr. Rousso's, said my nose had been "skeletonized". This doctor said he could not touch my nose, and very few people are capable of fixing it. I'm still trying to make myself believe someone can fix this nose locally, for less money.
I'm so sorry for what has happened to you! no one deserves that. I was wondering, you said that right after, your nose looked fine. When did you notice that your nose was not looking right?? Good luck with everything, you deserve to find a good surgeon who will listen to you and give you what you want.

Today is a big day! It is 2:30 in the afternoon...

Today is a big day! It is 2:30 in the afternoon and I'm sitting in dr achih chens office in Augusta ga. in about 30 minutes i will be rolled back for a 7 hour (or more) surgery. Please pray that I have chosen well! He will be doing the third revision surgery on dr rousso's lip and my nose revision from dr rousso's nose! Here comes the nurse!
best wishes for a happy outcome ...

Back to Sarah's question...Since I had not one,...

Back to Sarah's question...Since I had not one, but 3 out of 3 surgeries go awry with Dr. Rousso, I naively thought he would want to help me fix the worst of the outcomes, which was my nose. I asked him in a few emails, and was greeted with a letter from his lawyer, stating there was "no physician error" and he is standing by my results. Interestingly, every doctor I saw, including the best in the country via online interviews, said my nose was a direct result of Dr Rousso's surgery, one doctor even said I had been skeletonized by Dr. Rousso. We could have easily resolved my situation, but he did not feel compelled to help, but instead send me a letter from his lawyer, maybe thinking that would scare me.

On a good note, I could no longer depend on the kindness of Dr. Rousso and was so miserable, I went ahead with my operation last week. It was an almost 8 hour surgery. The doctor fixed my lip and rebuilt my nose with grafts, etc.! I am posting a photo exactly 6 days out of surgery and am very very excited about my new nose and my even lip! It's all still swollen.
I can't believe you went back after the first treatment went awry. This site provides lots of referrals so what was your connection with him that you felt he was suitable to carry out the next two operations. Dr Nissim seems to be able to fix bad nose jobs, don't know about the cost though.
You are right, in hindsight, I can't believe I went back to him either!!! Especially since I asked him to fix my lip and he would only try to do so at my expense! On another note, Dr. Rousso just gave someone else I know an eyebrow lift, and one of the eyebrows is noticeably higher than the other.

My lower lip is bruised starting at the stitches...

My lower lip is bruised starting at the stitches in the corner of my mouth. I think I bit on it in my sleep the first night.
I think it's all good!
I am learning!
I took your advice! I decided I would not put this off any longer, and did it! I'm so happy! I posted a 6 day post op photo. My nose was built up with cartilage and grafts and some man made materials. It looks like I'm going to love it! He fixed my lip as well!

Hey Faith, My lips have stitches because Dr. Chen...

Hey Faith,
My lips have stitches because Dr. Chen also fixed a very unsuccessful fat transfer that Dr. Rousso did to me upper lip. If you look up fat transfers, I have posted a review on my upper lip. Since Dr. Rousso's fat transfer, I have had 3 revision surgeries, as well as cortisone shots, fillers, steroid injections, anything I could do to make the huge lumps dissolve. My new doctor cut open my upper lip from corner to corner and cut and cauterized big chunks of fat, then sort of "tucked" my lip under (like a hem) and sewed it back together. It is very swollen still, but will be much smaller and back to the normal lip God gave me.
I too am trying to remember your before pic and i don't remember it at all. It sounds like you have had a heck of an emotional ride and I'm so sorry you experienced that. NOONE should have to go through that...ever. Im so ecstatic for you that you're FINALLY happy with your results. From what i can see, you look amazing and proportional. You deserve it. Congratulations and keep us posted!!
I am trying to recall your before pic as you seemed to have taken it down... if I am remembering it correctly, then wow how your nose been nicely rebuilt! I can't wait to see it as your healing progresses. Congratulations!
Excited for you and hoping that you heal fast and love the results.  I don't understand why your lips have stitches.  Was something in addition to the rhino revision performed?  Thank you for keeping us updated and providing photos.  Best of luck to you!

Pic of my old nose!

Here is a photo of what my nose looked like....

More posts and pictures to come!

For some reason, I'm receiving notes, but not able to respond personally! I'm not ignoring anyone, and will keep you posted with new photos! I'm so happy!

New nose photo!

5 days out!

New photo!

The lumpy lip and crazy nose from Dr. Daniel Rousso are gone! I am so happy!
How are you doing with your new nose? Do you still like it? Was your revision worth it? Based on the last picture you posted your nose looks great. Can you update us on your progress? Hope all is well with you and you are loving your new nose.
Yes, so far I love it. I love my upper lip, too. I feel like a new person and yes, the revision was 100% worth it, so far. The only complication that can happen is that your skin graft doesn't live, and it seems that mine is doing fine. I'm not sure if I mentioned this already, but the surgery was very long and complex. The doctor was so kind that he said if there was anything at all that I didn't love, he would make it even better. I will post a new photo from today, at the beach!
Oh my gosh, what a transformation! You look absolutely incredible, i'm so pleased for you!

2 1/2 weeks after lip reduction and nose revision

still very happy
How is your nose coming along? Any new pictures you can post?
Thank goodness it all worked out for you. Your first surgeon sounds terrible, to tell you the truth.
I agree with you, my first surgeon, Dr Rousso, was terrible. Not even so much because he ruined my nose and my lip, but more so, because he was not humane enough to take responsibility for what he had done. I feel blessed now!

4 months post surgery

I could not be happier with my lips, and the swelling of my nose is going down even more!
What a happy ending. I am so happy for you. I am considering Dr. Chen for a minor revision rhino, among some other surgeries. Would you be able to give me a rough idea of the cost of yours? I'm trying to figure out how much money I need to save!
I just send you a private message. But there a way to pay that everyone should know about called Care Credit. If you have good credit, you can ask Dr. Chen about it! It is like an interest free loan you can use for medical care!
You look amazing. I can't imagine how good it must feel to just look normal again. So happy for you
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon