Biomedic Peels: Micropeel Vs. LHA

NOTE: I am not recommending that you try this at...

NOTE: I am not recommending that you try this at home.

I have had mild (glycolic) to mid-level (salicylic) peels done professionally and now I do them myself at home. The result I was looking for was clearer, smoother skin.

SALICYLIC: BioMedic MicroPeel Plus stimulates cell turnover through the application of salicylic acid. Skin begins to slough in 3-5 days and completes the rejuvenation process in 7 days. The result is enhanced skin texture and radiance. For maximum results a series of six procedures in 2-6 week intervals is recommended.

Last year I did a series of 4 (every 3 months) Biomedic Micropeel Plus (30% Salicylic Acid Peel). I worked my way up with both peels Micropeel from 10% to 30%. The peel burn felt slightly uncomfortable but not unbearable. My skin looked gorgeous after 10 days.

LHA: The BioMedic LHA Peel™ (Lipo-Hydroxy-Acid)procedure consists of 4 peel sessions spaced 15 days apart, combined with a pro-peeling complementary care program to use at home during the 15 days preceding the 1st peel session and in between each session to optimise tolerance and effectiveness.

This year I did a series of 6 (every 2 weeks) BioMedic LHA Peel™ (Lipo-Hydroxy-Acid). I worked my way up from 5% to 10%. Peel started in 3 days and skin was back to normal at about 7 days. My skin looked average 10 days after relative to the results I got from the Micropeel. LHA burned WAY more than the Micropeel for about an hour after application. The peel burn felt extremely uncomfortable so that my eyes watered. I put cold icepacks on my face until the burning subsided. On a scale of 1-10 it was about an 7. Peel started in 3 days and skin was back to normal at about 7 days.

SUMMARY: I thought that because the LHA was more aggressive it would give a better result. For me, the Micropeel Plus did a much nicer job in smoothing and refreshing the skin with an even tone and especially to get rid of blackheads and bumps under the skin. I do this every 3-4 months now to keep my skin clear and to prevent breakouts. I wouldn't say either was very effective in reducing sun spots or scarring, however the Micropeel did make my skin luminous.

Self-administred

Have this done in an office or by experience skin-care expert.

I didn't know you could buy the Biomedic peels online. I was going to a Dr's office for this and had great results. Too expensive to do that so I bought other brands that were just ok. I have also done a couple of TCAs with good results for faster scar removal, but this peel really makes your skin soft. I will definately be buying this. If you have never had a peel done before then I recommend going to a Drs office first so you can safely work your skin up to this strength and learn what to expect.
after the peel did you have to wash your face or is moisturizing all you have to do?
I definitely want to stick with a well-known brand. In fact the only other trustworthy brand I know of is Skinceuticals($$$).Do you have other brand to recommend? I would like to start with a 10% acid peel, but it seems that Biomedic does not make it anymore(did not find it on their website, midwestern skin sells only 20 and 30% peels)... I'm wondering if I go for a 20% beta peel would it be too strong for a first time? What do you think?
Hi there, I am happy to have found your review on the biomedics peel, and I wanted to know where you did you buy your kits? Thanks!
Midwest Skin Care or you can find them on eBay. I would stick with Biomedic or other well-known brand and not go with an unknown name.