Bio- Alcamid Ruined my Youth

This product is dangerous and misleadingly...

This product is dangerous and misleadingly marketed. I had it injected into my lips and cheeks when about 7 years ago. The women made a hash of it and her only concern seemed to be injecting as much product as possible.

A few years down the line I developed a massive infection in my lips following a burst absess. I had to be hospitalised for three days and put on an IV drip but as is typical with infections linked to the product this did not work (neither did 10 other types of anti-biotics) because Bio-Alcamid harbours infection because there is no blood flow. I was told by several experienced surgeons that the only option was to remove the product completely.

Contrary to the manufacturers claims about Bio-Alcamid it is not easy to remove. I had to have major surgery to cut the product out with the aid of a suction devise. I was very lucky to find someone to do this and that they have done a good job but I have had to have healthy tissue removed because the product had started to fuse with it. I will need some kind of reconstructive procedure to remedy this. Using Bio-alcamid has cost myself and my family so so much.

Please don't make the same mistake as me, I only hope that this dangerous product is banned before more people suffer like I have.

She used an inapropriate quantity and product

I've been operated with both methods. The method that Sean describes was the first one. In the beginning I thought everything was gone. After a while I saw spots in my face again. It was infected also. After an MRI I was really upsat. The BA was still in my whole cheeks. It isn't possible to remove everything. So, it's an illusion to think everything got away by squeesing. Sorry!
I doubt it can all be removed by puncture and squeeze but I thought it might be worth having a Consultation with Mr Rhodes. He is well qualified but not sure how many removals he has done. I will go and get his opinion, but won't expect miracles. I have a lot of granulomas around my eyes which I doubt can be removed by squeezing. Thanks for your advice.
Don't waste your money or time or pain................I went to Dr. Ellis in Toronto 4 times...........Very painful..........poked holes and squeezed to no avail..........Sure some came out but it left scars and unevenness.............I had an MRI done by Dr Lee...............It showed that it was all over my face and no way could it be removed by that method..........If the MRI would have been done in the first place we would have known this...I spent probably 8000 dollars flying back and forth from LA to Toronto to have this done..........Thank goodness I have now found Dr Lee........................
I've cancelled my appointment for the stab and squeeze removal. Scared it might cause infection. Leaving the BioA where it is until I'm confident in having it removed totally. What is the most successful way to remove it? I know Mr KPin London actually uses the MRI at the same time as doing the operation so he knows exactly where he needs to cut. Thanks for your advice.
Aamer Kahn from the Harley Street Skin Clinic
I don't think Dr Khan removes BioA. He is an excellent doctor for non surgical procedures. A very good surgeon is Mr Jonathan Britto of the Millimetre perfect clinic. Also Mr Kirkpatrick is very experienced in removal of BioA. It will cost about £9000 for the removal and then an additional cost of a face lift may be required due to the loss of volume from beneath your skin. That would be another £9000. I still have the BioA in my face. It is impossible to sue for compensation. It's just not fair.
I know a lady who was operated by dr. Kahn. He removed the BA by a face lift.
I have a consultation with Niall Kirkpatrick in July. Wow, I cant believe its that expensive just to have the Bioalcamid removed, I dont know if I could afford that.....are you going to get yours removed in the future? No its definitely not fair, but it seems there is nothing we can do. I could leave mine, but I really dont want the risk of another infection, its too risky....
I my case it isn't possible to remove everything. He did it with the drop technic (slowly with the needle at the right and leftside drop by drop). Therefore it is all over.
I know Jo too. It was mr Britto who did her op. She is still recovering but I've seen her photos and she looks really good. I'm thinking of consulting him if I decide to pay myself for the removal. She sees Mr Khan for other treatments and his wife is now a friend of hers. You can see me on her victims page. I've seen you on it too. We are all victims of this horrible stuff.
He may say you don't need a facelift. He did a lady I know last November. It cost her £8000 without an overnight stay. She's only 35. She's not having the facelift.
I wish I didnt have it in so many area, I have so much in too - in the cheeks, temples and all along my jawline. I'm 52 and the surgeon who injected it told me that if I remove it surgically I will have to have my skin tightened - as you said it will be very loose when the ba is removed. I would much prefer to continue to have it removed by the puncture and squeeze out method, but having got a really bad infection after doing this despite taking Augmentin antibiotics for a week before and a week after each time it was done, I am too scared now to continue with this, in case it happens again. I was told it was impossible to get it all out this way also. I dont want to lose all the volume I have in my face particularly my cheeks, but I feel like its a ticking timebomb to keep it there, is it really safe to have bioalcamid in your face until you are 70 or 80 years old? Is it even meant to last your whole life and be safe? I'm not sure also if there is really a widespread problem with ba, is it just a few of us who have had problems or do you think the numbers are very big?
I am sure the numbers are big. I am frightened too. Nobody kbows how BA will react in the future. It is also a fairytale to think that it is possible to take out all the BA rubbish. We all have a lifetime problem!
I was under the impression that if you got it removed surgically you could get it all out - is that wrong? 25th July was the earliest appointment I could get with Niall Kirkpatrick and he charges £250 which I think is expensive. I will post my experience of seeing him afterwards.
Where is this victims page, I would like to see it?
It is this week's Best column How to avoid surgery regrets !
It only has a few members at the moment. Are you on a well known social network? We're not allowed to put it on here. You have to go on groups and search Bio Alcamid Victims support group. It has been set up by the lady who is in this weeks Best. She is also on this link under the name if Kitty Glitter. She has been on TV and is trying to find some way we can get compensation. She's doing so much but keeps coming up against brick walls.
I've spoken with my friend. She is doing lots to try and help BioA victims but needs a lot of us to contact her. She has been on Lorraine, Alan Titchmarsh show and now in Best magazine. Find her name and become her 'friend'. She will give you lots of advice.
I know of 3 people who have had theirs removed but the Drs have been unable to remove it all. Sometimes it becomes attached to facial nerves and so it cannot be removed from there or it can cause nerve damage. One victim has had hers removed and also had a facelift. Now she has indentations where it has been removed. She now needs fat transfer to fill the dents (an additional expense). I am just being honest with you. That is why I've not rushed into having mine removed yet. She wants you to get in touch with her but I'm not permitted to put her details on here due to Real Self guidelines. Look in the media and you might find her. That's how became her friend.
Back in 2008 when I started noticing a lump under my eye, I thought I was the only person in the world. Over the past 6 years there has been so much written about BioA on the Internet. It is worldwide. We need the UK government to help us, like the Canadian Government is helping its victims. That is why we need to unite so we can approach the Govt like the victims of the PIP implants have done.
In Holland is a lady too with her own foundation Legaal Verminkt. She was several times in the Dutch media. She tries to help people with all kinds of injectables . She also tries to bring out things that are wrong. Because of her efforts a woman is recently sentenced to 2 years imprisonment. She had people injected without any training or knowledge. This woman caused much suffering.
That's right. Therefore we have to commit victims from all over the world. It's wordwide!
It sounds like getting it removed can bring a whole new set of problems, it just makes it all worse, I am in despair now over the whole thing, and I dont have the money for all these procedures - I just dont know what will be the outcome for me, it's very hard not to feel hopeless and depressed......I'm sure I'm not the only one.......
I have been collecting info about BioA for years now. It seems that removal can actually trigger infection and people are still left with lumps where it can't be removed. Infection can also be triggered by dental work if the needle punctures the area of the BioA. It is important to tell your dentist but I know that can be embarrassing. This product has ruined my life. I worry about it everyday. I too worry about the future if it is left in my face, then again the fear of infection and more problems if it is removed. Nobody knows what is best........even experienced Drs.
Manchester, have you had any consultations with Doctors/Surgeons about removal? There is always the chance that nothing will happen to you, I had no problems for 8 years, it was only when I went to get some removed by puncture method as my face was looking too big that I got the infection. Having said that I have been avoiding the dentist for years because I had read how that could be a problem and as I have it in the jaws as well as cheeks the fear of puncturing the capsule has been a big worry. I also worry about the longevity of the product, will it stay encapsulated forever, or will the capsule shatter over time leaving it to go all over the place. I'm hoping the consultation I have with Niall Kirkpatrick and also my original injector Roy Ng will give me some answers. I know NK has been removing it since at least 2007 as I read of someone getting it done by him on another forum then, so he must be pretty experienced and knowledgeable about the product at this stage......