On my Way - Bingham Farms, MI

Remove jowls, turkey neck and ends of mouth upward...

remove jowls, turkey neck and ends of mouth upward a bit. My procedure is May 30. It wouldn't let me put it todays date only from from May 31, on. My experience with the Straith clinic has been great . I am a 64 year old male and have thought about this for a while (hate jowls) I figured its now or probably never cuz would I do this in my 70"s?

You look great.

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! So you're one day post-op right now. How are you feeling?

I'm very much looking forward to hearing more from a man's perspective as you heal. Please keep us posted!

1st day

So far so good hardly any bruising but quite a bit of swelling.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

1st day

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

May 31 one day after surgery

First 4 pictures were before Surgery these next ones will be day after.

You look so much youthful already! I would never think you were 65 or even in your 60's for that matter. Where are your incisions exactly? I can see one under your chin but I can't make out the ones by your ears. It's interesting to see where a surgeon places the incisions on a man in order to deal with sideburns and hair growth. Hope the rest of your recovery goes very well. :)
Thanks for comments Ill try to do a closeup later of stiches around ears.
Wow you look amazing! Even with the swelling, I can see how good it will be. Hope your recovery is speedy, but don't overdo. How is the pain?

Day 2

Still a lot of swelling but I'm sure that will be around for awhile.

Great photo of your ear incision - thanks so much for posting it!
Your welcome, there is also stitches behind the ear but its a little hard to photograph I'll try to get one though.

3rd day

Still quite a bit of swelling. My face is still round and I have noticed around my ears its a bit more sensitive.

my goodness, you look 20 years younger!
Yes... Doer that sounds about right for the ears. Actually you don't look that swollen or bruised in your pics but PS dis an outstanding job. Are you pleased?
We had the same PS. I remember him saying he doesn't have a lot of bruising with his facelift patients. Apparently, he was right! Doer looks great ;)

4th day

Still about the same as day 3 but I know under my chin the neck muscles will probably stiff for a while.

Your results are fantastic! I'm really impressed with how little you bruised and your swelling isn't horrible either. You better get used to being carded to prove you are a senior as no one is going to believe you now. ;)
Thanks
ahh thanks

one week

Got stitches and staples out today PS and I are pleased. Neck still very tight and PS said good thats the way for now it should be.

Great results! Thanks for posting the pics, they are very helpful.
I'm going Wednesday for my second massage. Did you get yours scheduled? I had my first one the day of staple removal
Yep feels good to get them out. I get my first massage this Wednesday at noon. If your around at that time we could have a faceoff hehe

Caught

Went to my 5 year old grandsons birthday party today and 10 year old nephew said to me you look different. Thinking that was it I found out later 3 or 4 people were questioning my daughter if I got botox and one said he looks like he got a facelift he has no wrinkles. I had relayed early that I was getting some jaw work done but looks like they didn't buy it althought my daughter never admitted that I did.

You look amazing! Thanks so much for your updates.

Well doer... out of the mouths of babes. :) I know what you mean about hiding too... I was mortified that people would see all the bruises on my neck and jaw. Quite honestly, I still have dark shading on my jaw that I have to cover...but it gets better. You're almost at 2 weeks...and then 3 is just around the corner. :)
Ahhhh the scrutiny of our faces! Best f all your daughter never fessed up. ;)

2 weeks post

Well every thing seems to be going well. Massage person at Straith clinic says I'm healing very nice. . She also says I still have swelling and fluid which I can tell. Leval59 I told her to say hi to you.

How's it going Doer?
Congrats, you look phenomenal!  You now look in your thirties!! Wow!
It took years off of you. In fact the before picture looked like you had an unhappy expression and the after shows a person much happier. Your PS did a fantastic job.

28 days post

I feel like half my numbness has disappeared and overall I am very pleased with the results. One area of concern is I think is still a little puffiness around my jowls. It maybe just me or there still may be more improvement when numbness goes down. Not sure if some of the numbness is partly swelling or fluid. I'm hoping that in my jowl area it is swelling or fluid and if it is then I'll see more improvement. I will see PS in August and by that time if its still there I'll talk to him about it.

Your pics look great! You are most likely still swollen and have lymphatic fluid built up. Activity (bending and lifting) make me swell a lot more......maybe it's that way with you too. Add in this stinking hot weather, and you'll swell even more. The lady that did my massage today said its still too early to have no swelling. Mine is fluid for sure. She showed me how to massage it 2-3 times per day to get it rerouted. Mine did go down after seeing her, and the scar behind left ear flattened out a bit more. I think if PS told us the truth about how long, maybe we wouldn't book them? Lol. She is having dr sabbaugh do her face/neck lift this fall, and she said she is taking a month off to prepare for going back to work.
Too early to have no swelling, that makes me feel better.
Leval59 I'm doing fine, still a little numbness goin on and still anxious to see the final results which may still be a few more months. Thanks for asking!

day 39

I feel like Puff (swelling)Daddy this morning!

Doer, did your PS say that was a result of the warm weather, salt intake, maybe just your own healing?  You look great though!
No PS didn't say anything about the warmer weather or salt intake but maybe its in the literature they handed out. I have been out more in this weather as I attended a weekend festival where the humidex was above 100 so I think this is the cause. I'll get some newer pictures later once my out of town daughter and her new born daughter go back. Thank you
I feel the same way. Woke up and my eyes are almost swollen shut! No more PS in the warm weather for me! Other than the annoying swelling, how re things going?

6 weeks post

Jowl area is concerning me somewhat

I've never seen results of any male's facelift before. I would never have guessed your age in the after pics- good for you! I fully believe in doing what it takes when our bodies let us down.
yes thanks Rubix. I'm still healing but its gettin better.
Gosh Doer, I'm with Leval59 on this... I would call your PS sooner than Aug 12th.  I had something occur last week and I called them and they told me to come right in that minute... it was nothing , but a PS would likely want to protect his surgical work as well as the patient.  And they have an obligation to you.  Definitely let us know!

Around 7 weeks

Healing continues I believe slowly getting better.

You look great, and I detect no jowls at all in your latest pix.
Doer, you're looking great!  Maybe your issue with jowls has resolved?  Anyway, it's great to get the male perspective on this process.  Kudos for taking the plunge and getting this done.
Still not completly satisfied with jowl on left side. Maybe its just me. I know it is better, maybe I might need a little more tightening. When my appointment rolls around on the 12th I'll have a discussion with him and thank you

2.5 months post op

Seen PS today for checkup. My jowls are still a little puffy (but better) He said it will still go down and it will take around 6 months. I was glad to hear that progress will still be made and he said if there is still a little there he will suction it out.

Hi doer - How are you doing now that you're close to 3 months post-op? Have things tightened up on the left side of your neck? You looked great in the last pics you posted. Hope everything continues to get better & better as times passes.
I'm doing fine thanks. The last pixs I think were just a bit deceiving still have puffiness on right side but more on left. PS says it will take 6 months and I should see more tightness. If its still there he said he will suction it out.
Did you do any other procedures after your facelift? Your skin looks in all around great condition and texture. You've healed really great!

revision

Went and saw P.S. today and he is gonna lipo my jowls. Going on Jan 28th.

How are you doing Doer?
Leval doin good. Suction of jowls tweaked it down a little further. I still think I need a little more and I see him at the end of March. I'll talk to him then. Your pics are lookin good and you seem quite please. I drove over to Roseville on Monday and when I pulled up to customs she got up from her chair and said the computer is telling me to check front bumper. She walked around poking the bumper and then said go ahead. That was strange. Hope your doing good.
You look super amazing, you really do!!! I am so happy you had such good results.
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sabbagh was great and did everything I asked for. I will definitely go back for more when needed.