For Bikini Line - Not Worth It!

I had one year of electrolysis on my bikini line...

I had one year of electrolysis on my bikini line and upper leg area. This was once a week with a tech. on each leg at the same time. Paid double for each visit. 5 years later you can't even tell I had it done. Back to thick course hair, shaving bumps, etc. Not worth it.

Sounds like you weren't getting proper electrolysis because I had my legs completely cleared 15 years ago and have never had hair come back! You should only be going in for treatments every 6-8 weeks in between clearings. Electrolysis is permanent if done properly.
i am so sorry u did not get informed of how it is absolutely a life journey, they did not talk to u the truth, girl. ask any doctor any DERMATOLOGIST. u just found the wrong one, babygirl so sorry u did not know me :)
once that hair follicle is killed? it does not return. but there are 6 DIFFERENT SETS OF HAIRS THAT GROW AT THREE STAGES. U HAVE TO KILL IT WHILE IT'S IN THE RIGHT STAGE TO BE PERMANENT. SO MAYBE IF U DO A BIT MORE RESEARCH OR ASK A DERMATOLOGIST, THEN FIND ME. CUZ I WILL GIVE U A VERY AFFORDABLE RATE. AND IT IS PERMANENT. u just have to understand how many hairs that u think is actually one hair. when u pluck a hair, it actually takes up to 3 WEEKS TO REPRODUCE. the hair u soon see is a whole other hair. so, yeah u just got misinformed. Brandi White P.C.E. whitesburg ky., look me up on facebook. thanks
An electrologist removed a lot of my brow hairs without my permission. It's been 10 months since then and I still am missing most of the bottom 1/3 of my brow. How long do I have to wait before it's certain that no more follicles survived other than the ones that are producing hair now, and is it certain that the ones that were treated and aren't producing hair are completely dead or could they be just damaged like people's who overpluck but can get the hairs back with Latisse even 20 years later?
It sounds like you either had an inexperienced techician, or the intensity wasn't high enough, (maybe both). Electrolysis IS permanent, but I'll explain how it can be botched, and what to look for to ensure it doesn't happen. PAINFREE IS A RED-FLAG It's a tricky balance- the lower the setting, the less painful the procedure. But the higher the setting the more effective and permanent. So your results can be greatly impacted by your pain tolerance, always ask for as high of a setting as you can tolerate for the best results. **IF THERE IS NO PAIN, IT IS SIMPLY NOT HIGH ENOUGH FOR PERMANENCE.** The goal of electrolysis is to completely damage the follicle- if the electrode is too weak, and the follicle isn't COMPLETELY obliterated, the hair will regrow. Damaging the follicle to this degree is fairly uncomfortable, you cand efinitely feel it taking place. Also, the schedule has to be adhered to exactly to get the the all of the hair in the Anagen (growing) stage of the cycle. Removing it in the dormant or shedding stages will not permanently remove it, as the electrode will not come in contact with the root (source of the growth) at any other time. An inexperienced technician may have treated the follicles in the wrong stages, which may be why the hair later grew back. This is why you MUST show up to ALL appointments, and they should be scheduled every 1-3 weeks. the longer the gap, the more likely you are to miss hairs in their active stages. So it could have been the frequenncy, the stage of their hair growth, or the experience of your particular technician. If none of these things seem plausible for your situation, you may have gone through a shift in hormones between the time you had it done and now. When performed at the right strength, the right stage, electrolysis will COMPLETELY destroy that follicle, so hair will *never regrow* from that particular follicle. However, if your hormones shift, your own body may grow NEW follicles in addition to these dead ones. In this case, the treated follicles are still dead. But new ones may arise in between them. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HAIRS YOU TREATED, and can't be blamed on the clinic- they have no way of predicting your hormone pattens or treating hair follicles that don't exist yet. However, you may use electrolysis to kill these new follicles off also. Doing so will leave you smooth again. I hope this helps any of you have have experienced, or are currently looking into electrolysis. I've had legs, bikini, and underarms treated, and would highly reccomend it to all.
You seem very intelligent about this electrolysis! I am a current patient in electrolysis for my bikini area. I have a high pain tolerance and I know this because when I have gotten tattoos and I didn't find them painful. With the electrolysis it was uncomfortable, but not unbearable. After my appointment I got red dots where my treated hairs were. It has been 3 days and they are still there. Is this normal? Is scarring something I should be worried about? Do I need a weaker electrical current?
Dear petite roses, did you have your bikini and upper leg worked on before or after pregnancy (if you have ever been pregnant)? Just curious, because I am debating whether to get electrolysis before or after I have children (if ever).
I also had my bikini and upper leg worked on by an electrologist when in my 20's. (I'm now in my 40's) It was a total of 2 years, at first going once a week until all the hair was removed, then going from every two weeks, then every three weeks to a point that I only had to go back as some stragglers grew in. That hair has never grown back. I have enjoyed wearing bathing suits without anything showing! I have since become an electrologist myself. I would say you either had incompetent electrologists working on you or you have had a hormone change in your life. The electrologists working on you should have talked about what hormone changes can do. Maybe both scenarios are possible? It definately was worth it for me!
This is a really dumb question but I figure if you are an electrologist you can (hopefully) answer it. What exactly is included in the "bikini line" as it pertains to electrolysis? I have never had any form of professional hair removal before, so I have no idea about these things...