42, 34H, Insurance Has Approved Me! - Boston, MA

I started thinking about this a couple of months...

I started thinking about this a couple of months ago. My breasts have always been large, but as I got older and gained weight (in my 20's I weighed 145 at 5'9", now I weight 185) my breasts got much larger. I have pretty much realized this is the weight I am going to stay at (-10 pounds maybe). Even though I wear properly fitting bras (I swear if one more person posts that they are a 40DDD I will scream "you are not! you are a 34H!) they are uncomfortable, prevent me from running despite the best sports bras, and my choice of clothing is limited. I'm a lawyer so my outfits are important.

I haven't had kids, so my breasts are pretty full with the right one fuller than the left. I would be fine going down to a D, which I think is what I used to be. But since doctors don't actually know what a real D looks like (if they think breasts the size of a small baby are DDD) they will probably make me a C, and I'll fit into a D bra.

WIll post before photos soon.

before photos

a couple of before, clothed, photos. I'm wearing a 38G bra, which is not the right size but I sleep in it because the band is looser so it is more comfortable.

Thinking of post-poning surgery

My surgery is scheduled for July 8th, and now I'm thinking of postponing it until mid-September. I am moving my office in August, and will be in no shape to do so even with hiring movers. And I think I need some more mental preparation time.
Doing it later gives me time to save some money to hire home helpers for a few days (I live alone, and while friends will probably stop by and visit they won't be doing my laundry or dishes...) and just kind of get used to the fact of removing part of my body.
I will call the nurse tomorrow and talk with her about it.

Pre-surgery info came in the mail

I got my pre-surgery info in the mail. I won't need to go in for pre-op work, it will just be a phone interview.

I won't have bandages on when I leave - the incisions will be sealed with skin glue over the sutures.

I can shower after 24 hours. I thought it would be longer than that.

I have arranged for a personal assistant-type person to be the "responsible adult" who takes me home. It's in the middle of a work day so I don't want to ask friends.

So that's the update. Still thinking about it. It's weird. Now that I know I have the option to do it, I am less certain.
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Tobias came highly recommended by a colleague who had her post-cancer diep-flap reconstruction by him. He also did a reduction for her friend's daughter. His office staff was very nice. Our meeting was very brief but he seemed to know what he was doing, and he had a surgical resident with him who will probably assist with the surgery. He answered all my questions. His staff submitted the paperwork promptly and I had my approval in about a week and a half.

Whether you decide to wait or not, good luck! I am super happy with my results and wish I'd done it years ago. I live alone as well. I did stay with my parents for one night, but it wasn't necessary. I was fine taking care of myself. The only thing you can't really do is lift things, so stock up on groceries and carry the laundry little bits at a time :) I had one much larger than the other as well, but the funny thing is that now they are reversed! The one that used to be smaller is now clearly larger - go figure!
I also had one larger than the other before my BR.  They were able to take me from a DDD to a C and it was a super nice size.
Hi All I live in the UK, I don't think there are the types of insurance you have over in the USA :-( Thanks wendy xx