42, 34H reduced to 34D, So happy with decision!- Boston, MA

I started thinking about this a couple of months...

I started thinking about this a couple of months ago. My breasts have always been large, but as I got older and gained weight (in my 20's I weighed 145 at 5'9", now I weight 185) my breasts got much larger. I have pretty much realized this is the weight I am going to stay at (-10 pounds maybe). Even though I wear properly fitting bras (I swear if one more person posts that they are a 40DDD I will scream "you are not! you are a 34H!) they are uncomfortable, prevent me from running despite the best sports bras, and my choice of clothing is limited. I'm a lawyer so my outfits are important.

I haven't had kids, so my breasts are pretty full with the right one fuller than the left. I would be fine going down to a D, which I think is what I used to be. But since doctors don't actually know what a real D looks like (if they think breasts the size of a small baby are DDD) they will probably make me a C, and I'll fit into a D bra.

WIll post before photos soon.

before photos

a couple of before, clothed, photos. I'm wearing a 38G bra, which is not the right size but I sleep in it because the band is looser so it is more comfortable.

Hi All I live in the UK, I don't think there are the types of insurance you have over in the USA :-( Thanks wendy xx

Thinking of post-poning surgery

My surgery is scheduled for July 8th, and now I'm thinking of postponing it until mid-September. I am moving my office in August, and will be in no shape to do so even with hiring movers. And I think I need some more mental preparation time.
Doing it later gives me time to save some money to hire home helpers for a few days (I live alone, and while friends will probably stop by and visit they won't be doing my laundry or dishes...) and just kind of get used to the fact of removing part of my body.
I will call the nurse tomorrow and talk with her about it.

I also had one larger than the other before my BR.  They were able to take me from a DDD to a C and it was a super nice size.

Pre-surgery info came in the mail

I got my pre-surgery info in the mail. I won't need to go in for pre-op work, it will just be a phone interview.

I won't have bandages on when I leave - the incisions will be sealed with skin glue over the sutures.

I can shower after 24 hours. I thought it would be longer than that.

I have arranged for a personal assistant-type person to be the "responsible adult" who takes me home. It's in the middle of a work day so I don't want to ask friends.

So that's the update. Still thinking about it. It's weird. Now that I know I have the option to do it, I am less certain.

Hi Izzy Bella! We are scheduled for surgery on the same day. Unlike you, I have to go back for my pre-op. I will have another consultation with my PS and have all of my bloodwork done, consent forms signed, etc. I do know that I'm ready to say bye bye big boobies and hello tiny tata's! I will be turning 42 in September. I'm 5'3" and am a size 32HH. I think I made some typos in my review, lol.
Cool! It's coming up! I have come to a good place in being ready for this, I love my body but I am ready for my breasts to be smaller (and hopefully more symmetrical, the right one is bigger and it annoys me.) May we both have great results!
Whether you decide to wait or not, good luck! I am super happy with my results and wish I'd done it years ago. I live alone as well. I did stay with my parents for one night, but it wasn't necessary. I was fine taking care of myself. The only thing you can't really do is lift things, so stock up on groceries and carry the laundry little bits at a time :) I had one much larger than the other as well, but the funny thing is that now they are reversed! The one that used to be smaller is now clearly larger - go figure!

Made hotel reservation for the night before surgery (surgery is Sept 23)

I live in the suburbs of Boston, and my hospital is smack in the middle of the city which would have meant battling rush hour traffic to get there. So, I made a reservation at a hotel right in the medical district that caters to patients (I wish they had some kind of "stay here for a few days after and we'll take care of you" package, but no luck). I will have a friend drive me in the night before, and then she'll come back to get me in the morning. This way I can sort of relax the night before and not worry about getting there in the morning, since it is just a block away.

You know, people keep asking me if I'm nervous. I'm not nervous at all, just ready for this to be done. I love my PS and I believe that she is going to do a great job. She may be one of the best ones in the hospital. I don't think that they would have made her Associate Chief of Plastic Surgery if she didn't know her stuff, lol. I hope you have great results as well, and that you get the tiny, perky, tata's of your dreams : )

Nerves starting

Surgery is a week from tomorrow - the 23rd. I am going to pick up my hibicleanse (that I have to wash with the night before and the morning of the surgery) and some gauze that they recommend having on hand afterwards.

I bought some smaller soft bras yesterday, but then realized they are all the kind you slip over your head so I need to get some front closure.

I also have no button up shirts, so I will get some of those, too for the first couple of days.

I have started to prepare some meals for myself to keep in the freezer,

And since I live alone, I will probably hire someone to come and be here for a few hours the first 2 days, to do laundry or dishes or just help me. My friends will come and see me but I don't want to be like "Hey, can you scoop up at the cat's litter box?"

We are surgery sisters! I'm on deck for next Tuesday as well....the crazy thing is I just got approved and set up the appt today! It should be advantageous that I've no longer than 1 week to think on it! (Though truthfully I've been wanting this for 10 years!)
That is soon! Mine was originally schedule for July 8, about 2 weeks after I got my approval, but I realized I needed a little more time to process it. I hadn't let myself truly consider it until the insurance approval came through. But I am looking forward to it!
I know what you mean about the nerves, lol. I think it's just the anticipation of it all. I've wanted this for so long now. Can you believe that it's just 8 days away?! Where has the time gone?

Hiring a caregiver?

My surgery is next Tuesday. I live alone. I have some great friends, but they have families and aren't going to be visiting for long periods and I don't have family near by who can come and stay. I have a friend picking me up, but do you think it would be wise to hire someone to come and be with me for 2 hours the first evening I am home, and then 2 hours the next morning and maybe even the next evening?

There are a lot of agencies around here and the prices aren't bad. I figure just someone to help me out with laundry or dishes and food prep and making sure I'm not getting an infection or anything. Assuming you could afford it and lived alone, would you hire someone to come in for a bit?

Good luck from one big boob Boston gal to another!
Thanks!
Why do you say that people are not a 40DDD? 40 is the measurement around your rib cage. Yesterday was the first time I had to put on one of my court suits and I couldn't believe how big the jacket was in the bust area. It felt great and instead of wanting to hide behind the jacket I found myself wanting to take it off! :) Good luck! You will not regret this. It really is an easy surgery.

Serious Prep Today!

My surgery is Tuesday. I'm going into Boston tomorrow afternoon to stay at a hotel. That will calm me down some, I know. I am making meals to freeze today and getting the last cleaning done. Bought some button front shirts and have packed my hospital stuff.

Mostly nervous about being hungry and nauseated when I wake up and feeling car sick on the drive home. Nausea is my least favorite thing in the whole world. Was it a problem for any of you?

I did mention to anesthesiologist that I have a nausea problem, and they gave anti nausea med during procedure, and also a prescription for tabs after. But, yes, I threw up anyway right after I got home. Luckily in the car ride plus right next to me all first day, I kept a plastic bin doublelined with plastic bags, so easy no mess no fuss clean up. I am so glad my little bin was right there, cause no time to get to facilities. My throat was so dry that I drank water, too fast, and that did it. Sips, or sucking ice chips would probably have been advisable. My appetite was minimal, but I had chicken soup mostly broth little veg and crackers in it first night and that made me feel better. Best wishes.
Thank you! This is so helpful. I will bring ziploc bags for the drive home, and ask for antinausea meds, too. I have crackers and soup that I will set up so I can eat them when I get home, if needed.

Before

Here are some before pics.

I always have nausea when I'm pregnant, and so I've been on Zofran for all 3. I think I may ask for Zofran right of the bat on Tuesday! See you on the other side!
I am going to mention my fear of nausea when I go in so they can give me something. Good luck to you!
Good Luck!!!! You will be so glad you did this! (hugs)

24 hours!

I am reading articles about my surgeon and how good he is, which is making me feel really safe and calm. And I have found posts on other sites about how good the nurses are, too. Just called and confirmed my surgery.

Good luck tomorrow! I am also tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. :)
Good luck on tomorrow! So excited for you!
All the best to you, you'll be so happy when you wake up and it's over. I usually feel sick after an op but they gave me something when I was under and I've never felt sick (currently 5 days post op). I am lucky in that my mum is here with me. I needed someone for the first few days but I am pretty good now. I cooked dinner last night and cleaned up and got a 2 hour shopping trip in, in the morning as well. I think the housework will be the biggest thing so if you can hire someone to do that for you, you'll be fine and someone to cook for the first 4 - 5 days will really help. You are obviously strong and independent so you'll bounce back quicker than you think. All the best with your op, I'll be thinking of you, know that you're not alone and you have this site whenever you have a question.

Doubt is normal, right?

Surgery tomorrow. At the hotel in Boston. And just thought "um, what am I doing tomorrow?" That's normal right?

You have come this far the rest is a cakewalk. You can do it. Many many have done it and you can too. We are the stronger sex and you will be so happy. Remember think small and remind your surgeon.

More before

I sometimes think - maybe they aren't so big why am I doing this. And I see a picture of myself and I realize they're bigger than my head. It will be nice to look like a normal person in these shirts.

Best Wishes! :) Your time is here.
Thanks!
YW!

Done!

In car while friend picks up drugs. Feel ok like I was stabbed. All docs and nurses super nice. They feel amazingly small and comfortable. No drains or bandages, just bra and a little gauze under. Glued shut and I can shower tomorrow. I'm so hungry I could eat a giant meatball sub.

Awesome, wishing you well!

Pics

Happy Healing :)

Home helper

I'm so glad I hired someone to come help me this morning. She just served me eggs and coffee in bed, fed the cat, and is now doing the dishes. Heavenly!

Pain is fine so far. Going to take a peek at the girls later and will post pics.

After pics

Wow, they look fantastic, what a huge difference, you must be thrilled.
congratulations and happy healing!
I really like the fact you hired someone :-) HAPPY healing! Glue? That's new?

Long incision

I called the Nurse with some questions and mentioned the long incisions on the side. She said they were either because there's a lot of extra tissue there or to prevent a roll of fat. So yay for bonus fat roll removal.

Congratulations you did it! Now get to the healing! Good call on hiring some help, I wish I could too as I don't want to be a burden to my family,
Looking great! I am glad you have someone to help you around the house etc. Have a Restful&peaceful day.

And then I puked

I had some steak for lunch, a friend came to visit and right after she left I puked. First time. I guess no steak yet. Napped a few times today, just waking up from the second one at 8pm.

You look really good! I'm inspired by you.
Thank you for sharing. I have 6 days till my surgery. I'm freaking out. Trying to talk myself out if it too. 36H here. They are bigger than my head too.

shower attempt

first, it felt so weird have the bra off, like they were going to just fall off my chest. I did manage to wash the incisions some, and get myself a little cleaner before i thought I was going to puke and had to get out. It was on an empty stomach so next time I'll try it after eating.

Same thing happened to me in the shower yesterday!
Hooray for you!!! Best wishes for a happy uneventful healing!
For any Bras that you get that would go Over your Head - Just STEP INTO THEM - Instead ! You sure wouldn't want to Tear anything - or Pop any Stitches - Inside or Out ! Make sure to Really Rest ! I'm glad you had somebody to come and help you too !

Switched to Tylenol

Stopped the oxy today in hopes it will get things moving, and I think it was making me sick. Xstrength Tylenol seems to be helping and without the oxy I can have a xanax to help sleep.
I used ice packs a little on the sides and underneath. I hope I sleep through the night.
I'm also wondering if my surgeon took photos. It would be neat to see how much came out.

Hopefully you will manage fine without painkillers soon, people are very divided about the use of ice, we don't do it in the UK post surgery. The long side incisions will be well worth it, lots of people end up with a nasty side bulge, I had lipo in that area to prevent it.
my PS never mentioned ice, but I did put it on for a few minutes over my clothes. I only have 4 more tylenol and no way to get more at this point so I will probably wean off them today. The more I read about people needing lipo, the more I am thankful for the long time my surgeon took (6 hours) to make me look good. And I think he reduced the fat roll that used to sit under my boobs, too.
Ask your PS next time how many grams removed, they keep record on computer. I also switched after 2 days to xtra srength tylenol for day, then a Tylenol PM at bedtime to help sleep. Hope you feel better.

5 pounds lighter!

Despite not having pooped since Monday (today's goal is to remedy that) and having a bloated belly, I am 5 pounds lighter than the day before surgery!

I love them!

I stepped into this tank this morning, since I wanted some more support, and oh my goodness I love them.

Day 3

Feeling ok today with no meds (except the antibiotics and probiotics and colace).
It seems a little bit like my bladder doesn't know when I need to pee. I have been hydrating well, but I never feel like "I really need to pee" I just realize that I probably need to pee and so I go. I have left a message with my PS to see if this is normal but I haven't heard back yet. I think my surgeon is better at surgery than at human relations.

Shower #2 a Success.

I braved a second shower. My biggest fear was not having the bra on since it feels like they are going to fall apart, so I rigged one out of one of my old bras by removing the wire, cutting the front open and wearing that while I washed and shampooed, then removed at the end to soap the incisions. Then I could put the actual post surgery bra back on.
I feel a lot better. Tomorrow I plan to leave the house and walk around the block.

I know just how you feel about going bra-less. I like your work-around! Enjoy your walk!

Comparison pic

Wow!!!! How are you feeling today? Did you have lipo or drains?
Feeling so much better! No lipo or drains, but he took the incisions back about half way under my arms to get extra tissue out and it feels like he got some of the under boob roll, too. The surgery was 6 hours, so whatever he was doing he took his time. I meet with him on the 7th and will get the details.
I like the comparison,you look Great!

Day 4 - hello toilet, my old friend

Ugh. Trying to remind myself that at some point my bowels will be normal again. Not even colace and probiotics has made this pleasant.

Yes the bowels are difficult to regulate again. I think lack of exercise and stress from the whole surgery is the culprit. You look just wonderful nice size and shape

Drove!

Well big day - I drove 2 miles to the drug store to get more gauze. It felt very weird to walk across the parking lot, and I walked around the store with my upper arms pinned to my sides like a T-Rex. Then I drove home. Now I'm tired. But I do feel good that I got out a little bit. If I can make it 10 miles tomorrow, I can go to a store to get another bra so this funky one can get washed.

You look beautiful! Congratulations, and welcome to a new chapter! Happy healing, and take it SLOW. You will probably be tired for about a month....Im a month post OP and just trying to get over that. Best wishes! :)
I have a picture of the little frozen gel packs I used after mine. I kept them away from the incisions, and they helped with the swelling and pain so I didn't have to have the pain medications a lot of the time. They saved me, I think. :)

Day 5 - going to see nurse at urgent care

Checking out my incisions before my shower I noticed a new small dark bruise where there hadn't been one the day before. It is also the side that is more painful. I called the urgent care place for my primary care doc (not my plastic surgeon, his office is too far for me to drive comfortably and frankly I'm annoyed at their follow up attention or lack thereof) and am going to see them in an hour.

The shower went well, It still weirds me out to touch the incisions but I made sure to gently wash them and was able to finally shave my legs and under my arms. Now resting and hydrating before going to the doc.

I'm down to 180.2, which is 7.5 pounds lighter than pre-surgery. I will probably want to kiss the scale when it says 179, but it will hurt too much to lean over.

I slept well last night. I am taking some xanax before bed which is helping.

Let us know how the appt goes! I have the same thing under my left side--(my more painful side). I figured it just meant that bruising was beginning. I'm curious to know what the Dr says!

Update after nurse visit.

I'm so glad I went to see my nurse. She looked at the wounds and the new blackish bruise and said they looked really good. She said that more bruising would come out and things would change but to just be on the lookout for something that looks "angry" - that's when its a bad sign. She said as long as they are both equally "warm" which they are, and not a lot of seepage, and no temp (which I didn't have) then they are fine.
It was really nice to have that reassurance. And my follow up with the PS is on the 7th so she said if anything comes up between now and then to call the 24 hour advice line and don't hesitate to come back in.

They look GREAT!!! I think you had great boobs before - but that is coming form someone that has bruises on her toes when she takes off her bra!!! LOL ;-) How does it feel to be smaller? I know that's a weird question, but do you feel like you've lost a part of you?
Thanks. They were great before but had gotten so dense and heavy that it was so uncomfortable. I feel like I am back to the me I was when I was younger, instead if a gigantic caricature of myself. And I had gotten to a place where I loved and accepted my body, which made it easier to let some of it go.
Very well put! The glory days are past, light and perky for a happy healthy future

Back at Work

I work in an office, and am the boss, so I came back to work today for a little bit. It feels good to be out and sitting and back engaged in the world. I realized last night that I'd been in a little dream world for a few days. I had to think "Yup, you have smaller breasts, but the whole rest of your life is still the same so get a move on."
It was what I think the "when I'm thin my life will change" mentality is like. And then you realize the only thing that has changed is your weight.
So, for me that mean I just have to keep plugging along working, getting clients, writing, maybe starting to try to meet someone again at some point, etc.

And back at home

My assistant just pulled a Mom Move on me and sent me back home. 3 hours was too many. But I was able to go through the mail which made me feel better and less anxious.
Tomorrow I will limit myself to 2 hours, bring some cheese to snack on and leave while I still feel good.

you look wonderful! congratulations!! Was going back to work somewhat surreal? i felt like getting back to the real world (work) was going to be a huge ordeal for me since the BR; but it turned out to just be another work week. I felt so different surely everyone was going to notice. It turns out very few people noticed anything different and if they did most thought I'd lost weight.
There are just a couple of other women in my office so I walked in and said "I got my new boobs!" I could feel myself sitting up straighter at my desk. Normally I would just hunch over my boobs, but I was sitting like a normal person. At one point I hunched over to see closer to the screen for something and it was so weird and didn't even feel comfortable anymore.

Deciding where to expend energy

After going to work for 3 hours yesterday and then being sent home by my assistant (and feeling queasyish) I'm trying to do a better job of doling out my energy today.
I have a few things I have to do - meet a friend's mom at the hospital to have her sign some legal documents (people, please get your affairs in order sooner rather than later so that you lawyer isn't dragging herself to the hospital a week after surgery while you are on your deathbed.) I also need to stop and get a new, tighter, bra.
I feel like these 2 trips are going to take a lot out of me so my plan is - hydrate beforehand, take tylenol, bring water and a small snack with me and walk really slowly.

Congratulations on your success thus far!

Amount removed

Just talked to the nurse - 768 from the right (1.7 pounds), and 512 from the left (1.1 pounds). Wow, if you think of 4 sticks of butter being a pound of fat that is a lot of mass taken off.

Insurance Criteria

I just relooked at my insurance criteria for reduction. for my height/weight he had to remove 600g from each breast. But then I found a section that said in cases of asymmetry, the reduction will be approved if the larger breast has the minimum amount removed. And in this case the total amount removed meets criteria, I just happened to have a boob that was .6 pounds heavier than it's neighbor.

Great read! What is your size before and after? What bras do you like best now?

Is day 8 the day you wonder if he took out enough?

I just found the letter my PS wrote to my PCP after our first visit (It was in my electronic medical record but I didn't know it was there until I just got an email about how I could read the "note" from my phone call with a nurse.)
Anyway, in the letter he said he anticipated taking out 900 grams from the right, and around 700 from the left. That's 200 grams more from each breast than he actually took out.

I know they are still swollen and I have no idea what size they are now, but I am beginning to wonder why he didn't take out what he planned to and whether I'm still going to be bothered by them.

On the positive side, my bowels seem to be well on their way back to normal! And I have someone coming to clean my house because there is way too much for me to do alone.

I personally am not having that issue, but I am very happy with the amount removed, even with swelling! My bowels also are moving without help, which is such a joy LOL!! My husband has been doing all the cleaning, and the past two days I've been doing smaller things like dusting and just picking up. I am going a little stir crazy so my husband is taking me out to lunch today ! :)

Pics

Pictures are helping me see the size difference.

You are looking Lovely. :) Happy Wednesday!

Day 9

Worked for A few hours today. Only pain issues are on the right - needling pain around my nipple and stabbing pain on the outside. That was the trouble maker boob before so it makes sense. I can sleep on my side now as long as a place a roll between my breasts, and that has made things so much easier. I feel better having the compression bra plus a tight tank top on. they put me in an xxL bra at the hospital but it sometimes seems loose. I still get tired after being out and around for a few hours, and they seem to swell if I standing for too long. I'm going to keep taking it easy to avoid what seems to be a week three crash if you go too much too soon.
Incisions are doing really well just dissolving stitches and glue.

Day 10 - one step up and one step back

I woke up this morning feeling more normal than usual. But then I came to work and, maybe its the grey skies, but I am so sleepy and my guts that seemed more normal this morning are like "hey, not so fast, don't get used to anything normal."

Solution - move non-critical tasks to next week, get protein smoothie and go home to lie down.

Isn't it funny when you think "hey I feel normal" and then you go out and about and then you're exhausted 3 hours later and think maybe this wasn't such a good idea. This happened to me on Sunday. I was out at 11 am and when I got home at 6 I was practically asleep at 7. I also sleep with a pillow between my breasts so there is no pressure on the breast. Grey skies? It's sunny up North : )
My long days out have been 3 hours, I can't even image 7! My plan is to stay home all day Saturday, maybe a short trip to the gym to sit on the reclining bicycle, but no errands or wandering around stores. Monday I have to go to Court for work, so that will be a few hours, and Tuesday I have to drive an hour to my plastic surgeon for the follow up. Hoping every day brings a little more energy. I'm trying to eat protein, but my stomach just wants white carbs and salty soups

Day 10 pics

I love them. I love where they meet my torso. I love how little and cute they are. Love.

Looking great!
Looking great Izzy :)
you look fantastic Izzy!!!

Back to the Gym!

I went back to the gym today. Sat and did the recumbent bicycle for 50 minutes, nothing strenuous but it was nice to get my heart rate up, and breathe (I feel like I held my breath for the first week) and sweat.

Before and after.

Did I lose a double chin in 11 days? Or did I just have really bad posture?

Bleck

My legs are still like tree trunks but not having to haul those things up mountains will be nice.

You look Great. Try vit b for energy&fish oil. Omega's help.
You look terrific. Be proud. You earned it.

Day 12 - trying to be good.

Trying to keep the house from falling apart without pulling and lifting and bending too much. Not easy. I did stock up on pineapple juice to see if it will help with the swelling. The left one seems to be swelling which I think has caused a little split on the under seam. Trying to stay hydrated and ice it a little to keep it down.
I have to get up early for work tomorrow for the first time in 2 weeks, but sleep has been good lately so hopefully it will be fine. It involves a highway drive but a friend is driving me.
Then back to the plastic surgeon on Tuesday - that is a long drive on the highway and then through the streets of Boston but I will hopefully be fine.

When you say split under the seam do you mean you have a teensy little iny roll under the seam? I have that too and I didnt know if that's normal and I dont go back to my PS for another 3 weeks
Have a good day at work tomorrow.
Ooh those are good ideas!

Little incision issue

I just posted a picture. It was more that there was a little oozing on the left side. (the purple ink is still on my incisions because the glue seals it in.) My doctor did say that I would have very small ridges along the incision but that they would go away. Maybe that's what the roll is? I see him tomorrow.

And then...

my boob started spilling orange fluid out of that seam. As in, I took off my bra to take a shower and orange fluid trickled down my stomach. It looks like orange soda. Ew.
The on-call surgeon returned my call in about 20 seconds and reassured me that it is normal and just "serous fluid: typically pale yellow and transparent, and of a benign nature, that fill the inside of body cavities." Lovely. I guess better to have it out of me. That boob was looking a little swollen so I think it is happy to have some of the pressure released. Even if in a gross manner.

Glad all is well and healing properly. :)
Izzy I had the yellow liquid coming out of my vertical incisions a few days ago and my PS also said it's perfectly normal and it's stuff working it's way out. Eww :P
I'm so glad it isn't just me!

Post op visit.

Saw the plastic surgeon today and his lovely nurses. Everything is normal, surgery was "unremarkable" and wounds look good. The nurse trimmed off a dissolveable stitch that was sticking out at the end and I'll go back in 2 months.

Mine is a little flip almost. Where the stitches are right below is like a little roll. Weird. It's only one side. It's more cosmetic I think and I hope once the stitch marks flatten out it wont be an issue, Glad to hear your appt went well. 2 months so you must be healing nicely : )

First walk!

I actually put on my sneakers and went for a walk around my neighborhood today. It was really nice and felt good to move. Then a really cute firefighter had to come to my apartment because the alarm was being wonky and instead of being like "hi, my boobs are the size of my head" I was like "hi, thanks for your help" and not at all self conscious.

So glad to hear that you are doing well post-surgery! I'm glad you were more confident with the firefighter! :-) Hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly!
HAAHAHA! Cute story :)

Feeling normal!

Today I have felt the most normal since my surgery. I had a productive day at work, didn't wind up feeling exhausted at 3pm and I just feel normal. I have been able to sleep on my side again which I think is helping with my quality of sleep and making a difference. I am so so happy I did this.

Holy cow

I got this shirt before my reduction, but never wore it since it looked like I was carrying a small toddler under my shirt. Look at the difference!

you look wonderful!
So glad to hear your recovery is going so well! You look fabulous =)

Showered without a bra!

This is a big step for me - I showered without a bra on today. Before I would keep the bra on until the end when I washed my incisions. I am hoping this will start helping the glue to come off. The glue has been keeping the dark purple ink on me so I don't know what my incisions look like under it.

that's great progress! you'll start seeing your results in no time at all also that shirt looks so great on you!
Good progress!!!

I love $10 bras!

I went to Target for sports bras. They were $10! I used to spend $65 on Panache sports bras. Now I can buy $10 Champion bras with the tiniest little cross-back straps. Seriously, this makes me so happy. I am determined to never ever have a bra strap going over my shoulder again unless it is 1/4 inch wide.

That's a Great deal :)
I had that glue too and after a while it started to look dirty so I used some bio oil on my incisions at night put my sports bra on and went to bed. In the morning I took a shower and it started to come off. This took about 4 or 5 times but it worked. I was afraid to peel the glue off so I tried this instead. Good luck. You seem to be making terrific progress. Enjoy the new boobs.
Thanks! I just ordered some bio oil.

Back to the Gym

I went to the gym for the second time this morning. I can do 2.5 mph walking on the treadmill at an incline - I did it for an hour. Then I still had to finish my book so I sat on the recumbent bike for 1/2 hour. It felt so good to be active again, my lung need to get back in shape. I also worked on lifting my 15 pound dumbbells which I think will help my stiff shoulder feel better. I am still so happy I did this.

I'm jealous of your gumption!!! Good for you
I ordered it from Amazon.

Incisions at two weeks five days

Glue has been coming off the last couple of days. Give me a chance to see the incisions look like they're healing well. The T incisions still ooze a little which is normal. Measured my bra size tonight- band is 34" and around my breasts is 43" which I think is a G cup size, which is why talking cup sizes with docs is pointless. Or even worrying about them. Whatever letter they are, they are so much smaller and I love them.

I think you're scars are healing nicely :)

36G bra fits

I guess I don't have to buy all new bras. Some of my old ones still fit, just a heck of a lot better than before.

I measured myself tonight too at a G. I'm 13 days po still swollen. Your looking great.

Bio oil and scar sheets

My bio oil and scar sheets arrived today. The vertical incisions are still healing, but I think I can begin using the scar sheets on the under-breast ones. The bio oil smells kind of flowery, so I might just use that in the evenings and wear the scar sheets during the day.

I just tried scarguard yesterday which paints in like clear nail polish and has silicone in it. But it had a caution on the inside flyer that said it is good for raised scars, but not recommended for sunken scars or flat scars. I did not like that because my scars are of various textures. So I just put it on the raised portions. It mostly peeled off after showering. Instead of reapplying, I think I will just stick to my Maderma PM scar lotion for bedtime. It is in a tube, easy to use and is soothing, and can be used on all my scars, not just raised tissue. I looked at bio-oil at CVS, but I already use virgin coconut oil lightly after showering, and that seems fine, so holding off on the bio oil for now. I am just 6 weeks postop, so maybe after I have used up my supply, I will see how the scars look and go back to the silicone scarguard and/or bio oil. Please let me now how you like your products, since I am experimenting. Good luck.
The scar sheets are these: http://www.amazon.com/ScarAway-C-Section-Treatment-Silicone-Adhesive/dp/B002VK977O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1413408701&sr=8-6&keywords=scar+sheets For c-sections, but that means they are nice and long. Yesterday the nipple incision was itching like crazy and really bothering me when the seat belt touched it. With the scar sheets, no itching at all and it seems to be protective and less irritating.
Thank you.

Pinched nerve

Ugh, I had a pinched nerve in my back before surgery, and then when my shoulders were all tense for a couple of weeks after surgery it got worse. It is horrible now. My doc put me on Flexeril and Vicodin, neither of which feel like anything but I think they take the edge off. Nothing like the oxy I had after surgery which made me sick and loopy. My incisions are healing well and everything feels fine with them. I just want this pain to leave.

Izzy I have a pinched nerve in my back too. I finally got it to stop hurting by putting a long lasting ice pack on it. Have you tried that? It also usually helps to stand, hold your abs in, and lift one leg at a time. Repeat that 5 times. Let me know if that helps at all. Wishing you luck!!
My doctor said no ice, just heat. Maybe I will get a stick on heat pack. It seems to be getting worse, not better. I had to sleep sitting up last night. I will try the leg exercises, and I'm going for a massage today, although I'm not quite sure how i'll manage to lie on my stomach.

New pics

Healing well. A little oozing out of the T junction but that is normal. I have started the massage or scar sheets since some spots need more healing.

It's weird that in the first 2 pictures the stretch marks that used to go down my breast, are now angled up!
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Tobias came highly recommended by a colleague who had her post-cancer diep-flap reconstruction by him. He also did a reduction for her friend's daughter. His office staff was very nice. Our meeting was very brief but he seemed to know what he was doing, and he had a surgical resident with him who will probably assist with the surgery. He answered all my questions. His staff submitted the paperwork promptly and I had my approval in about a week and a half.