Why Doesnt Anyone Complain of Standing Straight After Full TT?

Im 17 days post op from full tummy tuck and breast...

Im 17 days post op from full tummy tuck and breast lift and augmentation.

everything is good except i havent been able to stand straight. that is my biggest complaint. i have been reading everyone's experience and cant believe almost no one writes about walking bent over and back discomfort due to that. am i the only person experiencing this??? help !!

I had surgery on march 25th. Slept in a recliner for 7 days and had my drains removed 1 week post op. I still can not stand up straight, which from what I read I guess is a good thing cause my tummy is tight as hell, nothing fits cause I am so much more swollen then I thought I would be. I was big into workingout pre-op and I am finding that all my downtime I am starting to have some depression. I broke down in the shower this morning asking why did I do this to myself. I know the results are what I will ultimately enjoy. But this recovery is definetly different and harder than any other surgery I have had, and I have had a few.
I know how you feel. At two weeks I was doing the same thing. Clothes wouldn't fit. I was depressed. All I wanted to do was cry. It gets better. I'm at 5 weeks post op now and I can fit into some if my clothes. Are you taking vitamins? I started a multivitamin, omega 3, calcium, vitamin c and L-Arginine. Drink a lot of water and it helps with the swelling. Also I started lymphatic massages which have helped tremendously with swelling. Make sure you clear it with your doctor first on the massage and make sure the masseuse is licensed to do them. I found this site at around the two week mark. I wanted to be able to read others recovery stories so I knew what to expect. Unless you've been through it yourself you don't know what to really expect. I've gotten great support off this site just by reading others' comments and questions. Keep your head up. The first few weeks are the worst. I would also lightly massage my tummy to help loosen up the tight muscles and used Aveeno lotion to moisturize my right skin. I have always been an active person and being stuck in the house with nothing to do was really getting to me.
OMG! reading that almost brought me to tears. I tried talking to my friends and they made me smile, but they don't know what I am going through. It feels so much better to have someone else who has been through it tell me it will be ok. I feel a million times better, thank you so much. This is the first I heard of lymphatic massages or needing to take vitamins. I will check with my doctor to see what he says. I do drink a lot of water, am walking and trying to just breath and remind myself time I will be back to normal in no time. I will check out that sight and try the light tummy massages. thank you so very much. I truely do feel a million times better.
You're welcome. I'm glad you feel better and that I was able to help. The doctors who perform these procedures haven't done it to themselves. They just do the surgery. Today I was able to take my kids to a family rodeo. I walked around. I sat some when I needed too and watched my kids wrangle calves and compete with other kids. Tonight I'm going out for the first time in 6 weeks. It does feel good to be able to talk to another person who's done this procedure. I've had to learn to be patient. This is a huge surgery. But you are going to look amazing when its all said and done. You won't regret the decision you made. Many emotions are mixed during recovery. I had no idea I would be so upset and fall into a short depression afterwards. I'm a distributor for AdvoCare and they have an awesome product called night time recovery. I've been taking it for just over a week. I would have started it sooner but I wanted to clear it with my doctor first. I feel so much better every morning I wake up. And of course I take ibuprofen still. I haven't been able to feel comfortable sleeping without my spanx yet even though my doctor said I could stop wearing it 24/7 and only need to wear it for 12 hours a day. It's my security blanket. Maybe another week and I will see how it feels. When it comes to recovering faster, if there's a way I will find it out lol. I've been doing a lot of research. I'm really glad I found this site.
Im still wearing my girdle the doctor put me in and I want to start wearing my spanx, I just havent found the girdle type that I think would be more comfortable then the kind thats with the panties attached. What kind do you have? I understand about them as your security blanket. I had a breast tack in October and had to wear a bra 24/7 for 3 months, even now I find myself wearing a bra 24/7, my boyfriend thinks Im crazy. I definetly know in the end all the pain and uncomfortableness will all be worth it and I will feel like a million bucks. Thanks for being there for me.
It's not a problem. If I have info that's helping me, them it might help others as well. I bought my spanx at Target. I have the one that goes from mid thigh up to below my bust. It's quite comfortable. I bought the wrong size at first and felt like I was gonna die in it. It was too small. They were $16. I want to find one now that is like a camisole. It's a pain to go potty. I get a work out pulling it up and down. I slept without it last night and it felt pretty good.
i had my tt on March 21. I still have swelling and pain. My tummy is very tight and it hurts really bad to stand straight. Recovery is much more difficult that I ever imagined it would be but...... I know this will all be worth it.. I love my flat tummy and my pretty belly button!! Good luck with your continued recovery! button
Hello Shelly7768 .. Thanks for the encouraging post ... I want to cry! I can't stand up straight and I am 21 days post op. I feel like helpless, my house is a mess, it takes me forever to do anything because I still feel sore and tender from my surgery (mommy makeover). I want my life back :'( I will try and take all those vitamins you recommended. I am feeling quite frustrated and sad that I can't do anything but sit and wait *sigh*
Thank u so much for your comments ... I am day 8 after my tummy tuck and am abit depressed ... 2 weeks prior the operation I ran my 1 st full marathon...it has been difficult for me to be confined & helpless. I have been through alot and had 3 kids but this is harder than I had even imagined! The pain is better but I still have alot of burning sensation on the scar & so much tightness. The hardest thing that is fustrating me right now is not being able to stand up straight...I have a very sore back and can't walk very long! Hard to believe I was a running not long ago! Is there any other suggestion to help my posture? Thank u!
Thank you for sharing. I've been feeling the same way and it feels good that I'm not alone.
I know the feeling about the sore back and the encouragement from Drs is to keep walking every couple of hours is very frustrating. To help alleviate the discomfort and pain I borrowed a Walker from a friend. This has allowed me to walk and travel throughout the house with less pain. Hope this idea helps.
It's been a while since I've been on here. I used a walker for weeks! It helped so much!
I am 24 days post TT, Lipo on the outer hips, Breast lift. Finally got all the tape off. I walked hunched over for about 7-8 days. The swelling is what gets me. I am taking my vitamins regularly and drinking between 64 and 96 ounces of water a day. Avoiding high sodium foods helps remendously. I have 2 pair of jeans I can wear from post op that were a bit loose on me pre-op but other than that its leggings and PJ's. I started sleeping in my own bed at 5 days post op which was such a relief from my chair and pillows. My drains came out at 7 days and on day 8 I was ecstatic to be able to sleep on my sides. I am not a back sleeper. I have been doing a ton of reading to figure out how to jumpstart my lymphatic system to help reduce swelling faster and found that I need to drink a ton of water, walk as much as my body will let me(which causes swelling, catch 22 there. Swell up so you swell less?), take calcium, load up on L-Arginine and keep hydrated. I am about to start lymphatic massages after speaking to my doctor and am about to start my Advocare products back up and add Nighttime recovery to the vitamin regimen. If I have possitive results in the next week or so of taking them I will let everyone know if it works or not. I am just wanting to walk around comfortably without having to sit down every 100 feet because I am swelling up and hurting.
All my patients complain of not being able to stand up straight after tummy tuck. I varies from 1 week to 6 weeks, depending on the patients body, age, lifestyle, and the tightness of the tummy tuck. In my professional opinion, those patients who do not complain did not have a tight tummy tuck!
Thanks Dr. Younai, My surgeon said mine was very tight so i guess thats a good thing.
Thank you for saying that Doctor Younai. I'm feeling pretty down this week. I'm not sure when I ll be able to stand up strait. I'm only on day 8, and anxious to have my life back to normal.
Hi i'm 2 weeks today post op and i'm still hunched over but my PS said yesterday that he wants me to be walking straight. It still feels very tight and sore and i just cant staraighten up. The nurse told me one of their patients was bent over for around 6 weeks..Ouchh!!!
Hi Marney, from my experience and others that I have read about. Walking bent over is the right thing to do right after a tt surgery. But two weeks out, yes I do think at that point I had started standing up. Six weeks sounds way to long to me to still be walking bent over. I have a feeling the nurse was telling you more of an exception and not the rule. You look great, so good luck.
hi guys, I'm 19 days PO, and still hunched over, I feel like I have done 1000 sit ups and just can't stand straight, I feel that if I do try and stand straight my stomach will rip... Crazy I know. Along with thus awful experience I'm phooing ok but finding it SO hard to push again cuz of the tightness of my tummy... Has this been the case for anyone else??? Also I'm due back to work in 10 days and hope I will be ok.. Sometimes I do feel why did I do this.... My swelling is all still there... All recommendations will be greatly noted....
I Leo this is an old post how are you doing now and how long did it took you to completely walk straight? I'm the same way today is my 16 day post can't stand up straight. :( my back is killing me and I can push hard when I'm pooping cause my tummy hurts :'( my Dr. Wants me to start walking straight but everytime I try it feels like my tummy is gonna rip off :/ good thing I'm still have 2 months before I go back to work.
I found it took a good six weeks before I felt totally normal. It has been over 20 months and I have some hip pain -- I wonder if it is from the tightness in my tummy. I would do it over in a minute, however!
Hang in there sister!!!! Five days...you're doing great!
I'm 5 days post surgery from a full tummy tuck. My back has been aching really bad and i was already considering a reduction. I have never had back problems until the surgery. I was able to start walking around on day 3. Tomorrow dec 20 my tubes will be removed. I cannot wait and the fact I get to do a shower. I haven't had much pain other than my abs felt as if I did a million situps. I'm just ready to get these tubes removed.
I am so happy you guys wrote about this experience. I was thinking of a tummy tuck and NEVER thought about this experience. I love RealSelf!
Can you give me your doctors name? I am looking for a PS for a tt right now and am looking around. Thanks in advance!