Full Tummy Tuck to Make Stomach Flat

Pros: Smaller waste lineCons: Huge scar going up...

Pros: Smaller waste line

Cons: Huge scar going up and down, Saggy skin,

I did the tummy tuck because it looked like I had a small pouch when I wore clothes, even though my stomach was flat, is was all skin. I live in Cali and go to the beach all the time. I though I would be able to wear a bikini again, but not with the HUGE Vertical scar. It looks horible!!! I know it's only been 3 weeks, but Im feel like the scar may fade, but the wrinkle will remain..... What do you all think...???

I just had a full tummy tuck 3 weeks ago. I have...

I just had a full tummy tuck 3 weeks ago. I have MANY question?? I did not have enough skin to have my old belly button removed. I want to know why my scar from my old Belly button is SOOO long? There is still a fold (wrinkle) going all the way down from my New belly button to my scar. Will this stay there? I also have some saggy skin on my stomach when I lay down.... Does this all look correct? I feel like I traded some mild saggy skin for HUGE SCARS !!! Thanks :) ps. I also had my abs tightened
Dr Gabriel Chiu

I was not told about the saggy skin after, I was Not told about the HUGE scar going Vertical (he said it would be an inch) it's about 4 inches

Do you have any updated pics with your tatoos??
Tattoos
Hi, after consulting with a local ps, I think I would have an end result like yours ... he told me I may need a vertical scar and may need to use the skin where my bb is but judy sew it togegher ad I don't have a lot of loose skin above my bb and my ribs are low ... what is your tum like now are you glad you done it ? Thanks x
How are you doing? Do you have any updated pics?
You look great! I want to know your opinion now that you have time to heal.
Well I had both scars tattooed over so you can not see either of them. Over all I have to be happy because now I have a 6 pack and my Waist is so small. BUT when I Bend over it wrinkles again so I can not show my stomach at the gym or around. The beach is ok if I lay flat on my back. I guess I just had too high expectations prior to my surgery. It is a 75% improvement from before so I really can't complain. Would I do it all over again. YES. What it looked like before was horrible:(
Everyday is a constant struggle within and as long as we take it one day at a time we will survive! I am still rounded after my tummy tuck, so I will have to work a little harder on my abs but it will be worth it!
It look like you had a mini TT
It was a full tummy tuck :)
Well it look great but that my first time seeing the long scar. I have a scar hip to hip. My skin was pulled so tight I could stand up for two weeks. But it look good.
If you're still checking this site I'd love an update on how you are doing. Did the results get better as the swelling went down? I think it looks better than your before pic already.

I've been wanting a tummy tuck before I even had children. I'm 58 now & almost ready to take the plunge. I've spent a lot of money on several cosmetic procedures & haven"t always been happy with the results. I spent over $1,300 trying to correct a hideous permanent cosmetic job(3 glycolic acid removal attempts,3 laser diminishings & finally flesh-colored tatooing over the area. I'm trying not to go through another horror story so I'm doing a lot of research before I have my TT. I've been looking at countless numbers of tummy tuck photos for the last few years on the web & have studied the "good" jobs & the "not-so-good" jobs.

Recently I've been watching the procedure performed by various surgeons on the internet. If your Dr. did not go above your navel, you had a mini TT not a full TT. I think your belly button is too long & I think you should expect the Dr. to stitch it up free of charge. This should be an in office procedure under a local anesthetic. Blackrainbow is right about the scars fading & actually your scars are some of the best looking(if scars can look good LOL) that I've seen on the net and in real life especially if your photos are PostOp 3wks. I saw a young women 1yr.PostOp & her scar was still super red & very wide. Her Tummy looked great though! It's a bit of a trade-off. Still, talk to your Doc about your belly button & don't let him try to get YOU to pay for the correction. It was his responsibility to get it right the first time. Stick to your guns and let him know GENTLY that "a man's reputation is more precious than gold".

Yes I noticed alot of surgeons say one thing and you come out entirely different than discussed. I wonder how they are able to do this and if it's even legal. Yes the scars will fade in time and your new to the tuck itself. Your actual scar line across is very low and most would be satisfied in that aspect. Your ps probably chose to make the line vertical to keep your scar low. That will fade to almost nothing eventually and will be different appearance wise in the long run. These things just take along time to heal.