Enjoying the New Me!! 2Months Post Op. New Pics added...1/9/2012

Hello - I am a 48 year old single mother of two....

Hello - I am a 48 year old single mother of two. My daughter is 28 and my son is 18. My son is now in his 1st year of college. I still can't believe it! Can you say grown and gone? I have done my job, sacrificed for my family, now its time to do me!! Its time for me to get my groove back. Every year I do a self evaluation. I came to the realization that the last couple of years I had situations in my life that were really draining me! I realized that sometimes you have to drop the extra baggage. Friendships, relationships and situations. I've done that! And now its time to celebrate. I'm going to celebrate the new me starting off with a new tummy!! FTT with Lipo to the flanks and lower back.

I'm 5'10". I'm not looking to be a skinny chick. But I do want to be a flat bellied chick! LOL! This is my gift to myself! I'm not telling very many people. So I'm glad I have found you all to share my journey. My mom and my daughter are very supportive of my decision. I'm lucky to have my mom on my side. She is a retired registed nurse. So I will be well taken care of during my recovery. My journey officially begins tomorrow. I will go to my pre op appt. Drop off my cash and start counting down the days!! I look forward to sharing my journey with you. Just as I look forward to cheering you on through yours!

Oh yay! Congrats, girlie! I'm excited for you. Keep us posted, and we will support each other and get our fine on together! Whooo-hoooo

Welcome to RealSelf and all I can say is "You Go Girl".  It's absolutely wonderful that you are doing this for yourself.  You should because you deserve it and have definitely earned it:)

You are going to love having the flat tummy.  Be prepared to be looking at yourself in the mirror every time you pass one.  I love your goal body picture.  Curvy and lean.  Having the flat tummy also makes your booty look pretty good as well.

The countdown is now on and the 8th will be here before you know it!  Please keep me up to date.  I will be following your journey girlie!

Hey girl. That's right! And you're not old! Luv the pic of your dream body, looks similar to my goal body. We Real Self girls support each other through the good and bad. We will be there for you! Go November '11 TT crew!

This weekend was awesome!! Had a party to...

This weekend was awesome!! Had a party to celebrate my sista girls!! I had 12 of my girlfriends over for food, drinks, jacuzzi and great conversation. We had a fabulous time. A few of them spent the night, so we woke up and made a nice champagne brunch. I have the best friends ever! Those that didn't know, I shared with them about my upcoming procedure. Everyone was happy for me. They all offered their love and support. What a great feeling. 9 more days and I will be in flat tummy land!! This week I will fill my prescription and pick up everything else I need. Geez! Its Monday again??
Im going in on the 9th too! I will be keeping up with your story thanks for sharing it.

I am officially at the 7 day count down. I...

I am officially at the 7 day count down. I dropped off my prescriptions yesterday. Picked up everything I need. I'm ready to roll. I'm not nervous, just ready to get past the recovery phase. Thanks again to all of you who have shared your stories. More than likely I have read each and every one of them! LOL! I'm obsessed with this site! I am so glad I found it. You ladies are the BEST!!!
Thanks Ladybug91! I'll be watching for your updates.
Good Luck I'm right after you on Thursday, Nov. 10 - I'll keep you in my prayers... Flat Land is just around the corner...
LOL!! You're crazy!!! Lets git 'er done!!!

By this time tomorrow, I should be home with my...

By this time tomorrow, I should be home with my new Tummy. Today has been pretty chill. I've been cleaning my sons room which is now a guest room. Cleaned my closet. Went and picked up some groceries to take over my moms. And made a pot of Shrimp and Bok Choy soup. All I have left is to pack my bags for my stay at my moms. I am so ready to get to the other side of recovery. There are a couple other girls having surgery as well tomorrow. I pray for a speedy recovery for each one of us. I also pray for our surgeons hands, may he do his best work ever!! :)
Warmest wishes for a peaceful recovery!! (((Hugs))) to you, my friend.
Klewis its almost that time. Let's do this!
Thanks shaila787! You're up next! I'm going to wish you good luck now. Just in case I'm in a fog on Weds. ((hugs)) See you on the recovery side!!

Day 1 Post Op: Yey!!!! Well.... today finally...

Day 1 Post Op: Yey!!!! Well.... today finally came! I was so calm and mellow this morning. No anxiety at all. The Dr was pretty surprised at my demeanor. I talked with him for a bit, he took a few pics and made his markings. I then talked to the anesthesiologist (sp?). He explained that he would first give me something to take the edge off. And the real good stuff after we got into the OR room. He asked what type of music I liked and wanted to hear in the OR room. He then walked me towards the OR, I don't even remember walking through the doors, next thing I knew I was waking up and the surgery was over!! Didn't even hear the music I requested! LOL!! So far the pain feels like cramps. I took 1 Vicodin, after an hour, I took 1 more. I lucked up and only got 1 drain. That area does sting a bit. It took a while for me to realize that it was the drain that was stinging me. So anyways, I'm in the bed propped up on pillows. So far so good! I can't thank you ladies enough for all of your support and the sharing of your stories.
I had my post op appt today. Dr says I'm doing fantastic. Almost standing up straight. I did get a peek at my new tummy. I'll post the pic tomorrow. Of course its still swollen, but you can definitely see the difference. I could see my kitty kat without having to move my belly out of the way! LOL!! Everyone seems to be doing well. Good luck to those going in tomorrow. Be sure to stay stocked up on your proteins. Buy some pre made shakes for emergencies. You may not be hungry, but you have to eat to heal.
How are you feeling, klewis? When you feel better, please post a picture or two.
Get some much needed rest Klewis!!!

Hello my friends - 3 days post op and doing well. ...

Hello my friends - 3 days post op and doing well. I went to my first post op appt yesterday. Doc says I'm doing fantastic. He likes the way everything is looking. I am still a bit swollen, but thats to be expected. I'm not experiencing any pain. I am sure to stay on top of my meds. I'm almost standing up straight. Not much of an appetite, but I am getting in my fruit and proteins. Definitely want to give my body what it needs to heal. I plan to lay around until Monday. Then I'll go home. I've been sleeping at my moms either in the recliner or on the couch. The couch felt pretty good last night. I haven't been in the drug induced haze I was expecting. I've been dozing off and on. But other than that, awake as usual. I've posted a couple post op pics.

Hello - today is 3 Days Post Op. I am feeling...

Hello - today is 3 Days Post Op. I am feeling great. Very minimal pain. Of course the drain is irritating. Not a big appetite, but I am getting in my fruits and proteins. I am almost standing straight. Still not going to push it. I think I will continue to lay around over the weekend. I'll probably go to my house on Monday after the housekeeper leaves. So far so good. I have added a couple Post Op pics.
Another inspirational story! You're result is fantastic, you must be thrilled. I want to go next! I want to see my kitty kat too!
Thanks Darkgirl. These days have gone by so fast! It will be December before you know it! There is alot of information on the website. Welcome!!
YOu look great!! I'm scheduled for dec 2nd nervous about the no shower til after the drains WOW thank god for a wash up and body wipes LOL!!! I plan to follow your journey!!! wishing you well

Well today I went to my 1 week Post op. The PS is...

Well today I went to my 1 week Post op. The PS is very pleased with my results. I was also able to get my drain removed today. I was really excited about that. I got my first peek at my incision. I don't really like looking at it, but the PS thinks its going to be nice. I'm walking alot taller although I now feel the pull of the muscle work. These past seven days have been alot easier than I was prepared for. That was a welcomed surprise. Last night I think was the hardest, but that was my fault. I slept without my binder. Was trying to spare my mom, and didn't want to wake her up. A mistake I won't make again. Per the PS I still have some swelling and my stomach and hips will continue to form their new shape. I'm looking forward to my final results.
A bit over 2 weeks? Is that too little?
you'll be fine. Be sure to stock up on the protein.
Ok, thanks KL!

Hello Ladies - I know I haven't updated my review...

Hello Ladies - I know I haven't updated my review in a couple weeks. I've been chatting with most of you so you know how things have been going. I don't see alot of difference in my results, so I'm going to wait at least another week before I post more pics. I am very happy with my results. But I'm still hoping for more shrinkage (I know, I'm greedy). I'm still bruised on my hips where he did some lipo. So I know I still have some shrinkage in the hips coming. Scar is looking pretty good. I just started using a scar treatment cream so we'll see how that works.

Overall things are going well, I had a great, virtually pain free, speedy recovery and I'm back to my normal routine. I started back to work on Monday, back to clean eating (high protein, low carb), exercising...... and sex! LOL! :) So all is well in my world! I'm finally able to sleep on my side. OMG! I had the best night sleep since my surgery. Slept so good, I overslept!! It was great.

I am so grateful to all of you on this website. Thank you for sharing of yourselves. Thank you for sharing your before and after pictures. Thank you for sharing your experiences, be it good or bad. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have made this journey a piece of cake. I knew what to hope for, and I knew what to expect if things started going wrong. I was so calm on my day of surgery because I felt that I had done my homework. You November Tummy Tuckers are the BEST!!! I can't believe we have completed the month of November. It came and went so fast!!

This is a new beginning for all of us. A new confidence. A new swag! Our scars are our badge of sisterhood! Where it with PRIDE!!!!! (smooches)
Either near the Greek Theater or Runyon Canyon. The stairs sond like a challenge! Going down stairs bothers me still. I have also been to Malibu Cyn a few times thats a nice hike as well to the MASH filming site. I want to do the Santa Monica Classic 10K in May. I did it this year and really enjoyed it!! After the holidays we need to meet for a hike on of these weekends!
sounds good newlife.... I've been wanting to try Runyon canyon for years. Just need to build my stamina back up.
Hey Klewis, Just dropping a note to say hello! How are the holidays treating you? Hard to avoid the tempatations!! I was tempted by wine and paid for it yesterday!! Food was amazing! I didn't eat that much, Thank God! I am doing great just can't wait to get some real exercise going. I want to go for a hike today, Maybe Hollywood Hills.... Have a great Holiday!!

Well Ladies - today is 1/9/2012. I am officially...

Well Ladies - today is 1/9/2012. I am officially 2 months post op. I'm feeling great. I've been exercising and trying to take good care of my investment. I'm back to eating clean and exercising trying to get rid of these last 20lbs. So far so good. I wasn't lucky to be like some of you and drop 10lbs during recovery. Guess I'm going to have to do it the old fashioned way.

I'm posting new pictures to share with you. While I love all of my smaller sista's - I want to be an encouragement to my thicker sista's. We have the hips, the thighs and the butt. Don't compare your body to anyone else. Remember where you've come from, and embrace the new you. Although I think I could have been a bit tighter - I am happy with the new me. My daughter cleaned out my closet. I no longer have those tops that I used to cover everything. I am wearing outfits that were buried in my closet. Today I am wearing a pair of pants that I bought years go, that still had the tag on them. Saturday I wore a dress that I prob bought 5 years ago. My boyfriend asked "is that new"? LOL!! I just smiled. Life is great!! Enjoy your journey ladies!! ((hugs)) to you all!!
Looking good klewis!
Thanks tamfitz!
Oh absolutely! I'm with you there. If my PS had a $pecial coming up, I'd switch dates asap! I'd rather use that money on new clothes for when Swell Hell is over. :)

Hello - posted a pic of me and the kids. My son...

Hello - posted a pic of me and the kids. My son is 18 and my daughter is 28.

Happy Martin Luther King Day!!!!

Happy Martin Luther King Day!!!!
Looking good hot mama! You ready for your trip next month!it
Ready to hang out with my girls and have some fun? Definitely. Weight wise? Not quite! Trynna drop some more lbs before I go.
Ok Klewis-- i reposted for a short time.

I get so busy chatting with you ladies I forget to...

I get so busy chatting with you ladies I forget to update my own Journey. Things are going well for me. Went to see my PS today. He is really pleased with my results. I had a stitch that was poking out - so he clipped that off. He also thought I was forming a small keloid on my BB so I got a couple injections of hydrocortisone which should help smooth out a few spots on my incision. Other than that - my scar is healing nicely. I believe it will continue to get better and lighter with time. I love my PS - he is so mellow and patient. I am very happy with my results so far. Of course I wish he had sucked out more with the lipo. Guess I'll just have to do it the hard way! (smile) BTW - after seeing Sassys new TaTa's - I did have a boob lift consult today. (wink) thought I might treat myself after I drop this next 20lbs. We'll see.

I'll post new pics at my 3 month mark. Hopefully I'll have lost some weight and will have some changes to show you girls.

One last thing - it was so nice to see all of your pretty faces on Monday. Thanks so much for participating in our Virtual Meet and Greet!! Until next time...... SMOOCHES!!!
You look great! I am 6 and a half weeks po. Do you experience swelling? I feel like I'm more swollen now than I was 2 weeks ago.
You look good. We used the same Doctor. I had my surgery Aug 14, 2013, Wednesday. I went home the same day with my own personal RN. Susie Dr. Brian Coordinator called me the next day, although In would have loved to talk to Dr. Brian I was able to call him myself and talk and ask question. I went through a 20 min depression because I felt like my scar was ugly and then I got over it quick because of the reassurance from the Dr. and Susie. I started using the silicone strips day 7 and my scar is practically gone in some areas. You can find me on you tube search lindailog I have started a diary of day 1 up to now 3 weeks post op. Dramatic changes. Dr. Brian Evans is Awesome and he know this TT stuff...I love the new me.
Hi Linda - I will check out your diary. Must be nice to have your own RN. I remember being disappointed that no one called to check on me after my procedure. I believe it was the surgical center that should have followed up. Although I did go to the dr a few days later for the follow up. Everyone in the office was really nice. Dr Brian was patient and answered all of my "dumb" questions. Follow up visits were great. He gives you a great level of comfort. Congrats on the new you.
Dr. Brian Evans

I was a little disappointed that no one called to check on me after my surgery. I have read other posts where the Dr or nurse called the evening of surgery to find out how they were feeling. Overall - my PS bed side manner is good. Always wants to know if you have any questions. If I hadn't found this sight, I wouldn't have known what to ask. I would have liked to have more information given freely. My overall experience so far is great. I'm happy with the work and results.