Unfortuately not worth the money for me

I'm a 45 yo guy in Los Angeles and had a...

I'm a 45 yo guy in Los Angeles and had a single Zeltiq procedure done on my abs (with the small hand piece) two days ago.

I'm lean (some would say skinny -- 5' 11 1/2" and 153 lbs) but have a small roll of stubborn fat around my navel that only comes off if I drop below 150 lbs. At that point my face looks gaunt, which is not what I want!

I was originally considering Zerona but decided on Zeltiq since it's apparently more permanent and isolates one area better.

The process of sucking my gut into the machine practically knocked the wind out of me but fortunately both the doctor and nurse did an excellent job of getting me to relax. The pain did subside after around 8 minutes and the rest of the procedure was uncomfortable but bearable.

My post procedure experience has been similar to many I've read on this site. I went out with friends that evening with the odd -- but not painful -- sensation of a numb belly. After two days I'm still somewhat numb with slight soreness and maybe (?) a bit of swelling.

If I see even modest results the procedure will be an amazing bargain. I will report back.

I wanted to share that at 2.5 weeks after the procedure the pain went away at the 14 day mark although there is itching in the treatment area from time to time.

For those who are going through the procedure the worst of the pain for me was in days 6-9.

I'm thinking about changing my review to "worth it" since (I think) I have seen subtle changes. I'll give it another week or so to be sure.

Stay tuned.
A quick update: at day 6-7 the itching and sudden zaps of pain increased. Again, not unbearable but uncomfortable enough to get me to call my doctor and make sure this was normal -- he says it is. Looks like from other posts the pain goes away at around 12-14 days. We'll see!
Thank you, Dr Persky, for sharing your personal experience.

After watching video clips where people say, "it feels like a massage!" I thought I was the one being a baby.

By the way, despite my discussion of the after effects I would do the process again... if I see results. Time will tell.

It has now been more than 3 weeks and I'm changing...

It has now been more than 3 weeks and I'm changing my review from "undecided" to "worth it."

My results are subtle -- as I expected them to be -- but two friends, both skeptics, have noticed results and my abdominal area is modestly flatter than before.

Was this a life changer? No way. But it was worth $750 and not insignificant discomfort for the results I've achieved.
It has been almost 2 months post procedure and I'm not entirely sure if there has been meaningful change -- certainly any change was very subtle. Just thought I'd add this in case anyone is following my story.

I'm changing my review back to "not sure."

Oh no. :( Sorry to hear about your lack of results. Does your provider do anything to track results, i.e. measurements, photos?

how are you now..its April...
I'm freaking out...

Almost 9 months after the procedure and I really...

Almost 9 months after the procedure and I really can't see any meaningful change. Sorry, folks.

2 years later

Was poking around the site and thought I'd post a quick update. I never did see any real improvement from this procedure, plus the there was a lot of discomfort. Not worth it.