Fat Injection and Lips - Beverly Hills, cA

I have deep vertical lines above my lip -- thanks,...

I have deep vertical lines above my lip -- thanks, Mom! My doctor took fat from my stomach and injected it into the area between the lip and nose. He also pulled up that part of the mouth to expose more of my teeth. As we get older, the lips drop, covering our teeth. On youthful-looking people, you can see some of the front teeth when the mouth is at rest. So my upper lip was pulled up to show more of the lip from underneath. More of a pouty mouth, I guess, but VERY subtle and real looking. He also pulled up the very ends of the lips so that the mouth had more of a smile rather than a droopy sad look. It was all very subtle but the results were fantastic! The fat gets absorbed eventually, but it's been about 8 years since I had it done, and I am going to do the fat injection again. However, I did have a laser treatment on my face as well and fat taken out of my upper eyelids. All great results, but thus the hefty price.

Wow ! Your treatment lasted for 8 years. Strange, but sounds great.

Wow, if you got 8 years of "wear" so to speak from your fat graft that seems pretty good! Certainly longer lasting than most fillers. Do you mind me asking if you were doing lipo at the same time as the fat grafting, or did you seek the fat grafting out completely on its own?

No, I didn't do
Lipo. It actually lasted a bit less than 8 years, but it took me that long to decide that I needed another one.
Dr. Randal Haworth

I saw him on TV and he talked specifically about vertical lip lines. At that time, I could find very little information on how to correct the problem, and certainly did not find any doctors but Dr. Haworth who was doing this procedure. It was rather new at the time. My doctor is Dr. Randal Haworth on Bedford Drive, Beverly Hills, CA. He's a real artist as well, so he has a good grasp on symmetry and beauty.