So Happy- and I Was SO Worried! - Beverly Hills, CA

I'm 42 and my skin looks great (according to...

I'm 42 and my skin looks great (according to others). I've been told I could pass for early 30's (I take care of my skin! Retin-A, Vitamin C, Glycolic, sunscreen). That being said I have started noticing the natural "sag" in my face (and starting to get the round jowly look that runs in my family). Decided to try Ultherapy today (and was scared after reading reviews on here). 2 hours post- and I'm thrilled. I took 1/2 a vicodin, 700mg of Advil, and 1/2 a xanax (really just to help my nerves!!). The pain was really nothing to be worried about! It's like... getting a shot or something. Some parts hurt a bit more- but nothing more than making me say "ouch'. The procedure moves along- so you don't get pain in one area for long. Honestly- I enjoyed the conversation during the procedure (with Nurse Jodi) enough to say it was actually more "enjoyable" than painful! Immediately after- no redness, barely any swelling. I look tighter- puffed up in a good way (minor)- almost a youthful puff. It's EXPENSIVE- and I don't know the long term results yet.... but I am SO SO SO glad I tried it. I really believe it will do some good. You can tell that the machine is working deep down- the little zaps ensure that you're getting the minor muscle damage you need to regrow collagen. FINGERS CROSSED for long term results. Take a little pain med, take something to relax- and DO IT. Just make sure you go to somewhere really skilled (I did). I did my whole face/neck (with the exception of the forehead- I just don't need that part done).

Day 3

Today is day 3. Really haven't had much swelling (very minor- and mostly a "good looking swell"). Still think I look better- slightly tighter jawline. My skin looks great. No numbness, tingling, or pain. Slight tightness in my neck/stiffness in my jaw- but almost unnoticeable. Still very very happy. Time will tell!
Dr. Azzizadeh's nurse Jodi Slavica.

Great, great great (so far!). The only stars I've not given in the rating are for things I've not had experience with yet (because I just finished the procedure today).

In our office, we have found that Ultherapy works well in the lower face and neck areas to tighten the SMAS and platysma. Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS Los Angeles
Great to hear this!! It will be two weeks for me this week and I just feel a little tighter. I am really hoping to see the under the chin area and jowls going away. I have very good skin and my plastic surgeon couldn't believe I will be 60. I know I look young and want to stay that way. Stop the jowly thing before it gets too bad. I have a little tenderness under the chin and I have a little bruise on my right upper cheek, but like you, I actually enjoyed my procedure. In fact, I loved it. I use the at home Palovia laser and that hurts way more than this did. The person who did my treatment was great and talked and talked and I loved every minute of it. I think I got somewhere around 1300 lines, if that sounds right. I got my forehead done also, and there was one point where it felt like a big electric shock go through my forehead to the top of my head. That did hurt, but I never said anything. I could still feel a tingle when I touch my forehead, the tingle goes to the top of my head. But it is lessening. I took some ibuprofen beforehand and I honestly don't think I needed it. I really have a high tolerance for pain and was so scared it was going to hurt and nothing. The person who did mine told me that they had one lady walk out after two lines because she couldn't stand the pain. I was thinking, I don't feel anything so is this really going to work for me!!! That is a concern I still have. I did feel a little but nothing like what I was reading about. I had it done around my mouth area too, so I am hoping to see some plumpness on my upper lip. They used the 1.5mm transducer I believe on that area. I don't have to go back again until May. They used to want you back in three months but they see better results in people when they come back in six months. I wonder if this is right! But so far I do feel a little tighter around the jaw area, but that's about it. I paid $4000 for full face and am just scared that it may not be worth it, but I know it is too early yet. Like you, I use the Retin A and have for 20 years and I don't have wrinkles, just the start of the little sagging. I have the beauty gadgets that I will start using again, like the NuFace trinity and the Palovia Laser and the Lightstim which I am using right now. I would love to hear your progress and I will fill you in on mine. Good Luck.