I thought i was Crazy! - Beverly Hills, CA

I knew that after me 2nd c section, some day I...

I knew that after me 2nd c section, some day I would need to go in for a tummy tuck to get my old belly back. 4 years have passed since then. I exercise , I watch what I eat, I do everything right but this belly won't quit.... I'm 9 days away from my surgery and I am thinking about turning back. Am I crazy? Is the pain and risk worth it? I'm so scared....

Vitamins are in!

I'm hitting the vitamin program hard starting tomorrow. I'm also going to eliminate soda and fried foods from my diet. The doc says 1 week pre op and that starts tomorrow

Clarification

I am 5'4. 132 pounds. I have been as low as 114 pounds but the only thing that gets skinnier is my face and limbs. They are already very thin. I too have hanging skin that I tuck into my pants. The straw that broke the camels back was when we were on vacation and my husband realized that at 34, I was wearing a bathing suite like "the old ladies". I don't want that anymore. He is a good looking guy and I take VERY good care of myself. I've been working out consistently for the last 4 Years. I stick to > 1200 calories per day.... No juice, fried foods or alcohol. Carbs & red meat are extremely limited. I should not have this belly. My general care physician said that after 2 c-sections, the only way to lose that was through surgery... So there you have it. Cut it off, or deal with it. I don't want to deal with it anymore. But I'm scared and I'm conflicted.

Had my procedure done this morning

The pain is manageable with the meds. I didn't realize how much "stuff" I would be leaking though. My husband is serving as my nurse. God bless this patient man.

12 hours on the flat side

So the worst thing so far is feeling like I'm going to urinate all Over myself every hour to only have a little bit drip out. Getting to the restroom & back takes 20 minutes but boy do I feel like I need to go. Also at 15 minutes short of 4 hours, he pain hits with a vengeance. I'm worried that I'm going to run out of Norco.....

My husband wanted to clean my tubes but I am toooooo scared to open the binder. I don't want to look and I'm worried about the process of putting it back on.

Can someone tell me why my throat hurts so bad? Did he put some thing in there? If so, why?

I'm praying for a good day tomorrow

Bruising 3 days post op

No wonder my back hurts....

Catheter

So the dr just said I may need to keep the catheter in for another 7-10 days ?! I don't know that If i can deal with that. Please pray that the 3 pints of urine they drained out of me didn't have any long lasting effects

VICTORY!!!!!

I didn't really need stand what the big deal was about having a BM until I was there. I felt like I was you g to battle. Determination vs physical ability. I spent almost an hour in the restroom and I was talking myself through it. "You can do this, you are coming ou if its the last thing I do". I was so determined that if it meant tearing my behind open hen that's what I was going to do. Needless to say, no tearing took place but I will be taking fiber supplements sail moving forward. Merry Xmas

Major failure

I went to see the urologist today to have the catheter removed. To my surprise my bladder still won't work. They pumped tons of water into my bladder and I sat on the toilet but NOTHING happened. The dr said this is not uncommon for patients who undergo major surgery but it is uncommon for me. Solution? I have to insert a catheter myself every time I need to pee.... The nurse showed me how to do it. It's uncomfortble to say the least. I'm sad. I don't want to stick a needle in my bladder multiple times a day. I'm disappointed. I know it can be worse but my bladders been working since birth. Why did it decide to go on strike now?! Ugh.....

Prayers pleeeeeese

At this point nothing can be done on my end to move things along with my bladder. I need prayers. Please send prayers my way for a swift recovery.

Bladder back in action!!!!

Finally had the catheter removed and am urinating on my own. Thank you lord for teaching me patience and helping my body heal itsself.

Spanx vs CG

At 10 days po I opted to wear the spanx I wore daily prior to my tummy tuck. I found 2 things very surprising. First, I could barely get them on. I guess I'm way more swollen than I thought I was. Second, how much I missed my medical grade compression garmet. While in spanx, it was much more difficult to walk upright. I also felt like I needed to hold onto my belly regularly. I remembered being pregnant and constantly having my hand on my belly... Lol I have a new appreciation for my cg. I couldn't wait to get it back on when I got home.

How much is too much?

I did a lot of walking today. I went with my BFF to register for her baby shower, followed by a trip to the mall to return a re hints and find her a dress for he shower. I took short breaks as much as possible but must have been on my feet for about 4 hours. Now I'm feeling pain at the incision site. I'm scared to look. What do I do next?

Yep too much

I've been feeling back pain as well as pain around the incision for the last 24 hours since my walkathon. I guess there is a reason they tell you to take it easy. I'm back on the Norco, which I hate because it totally knocks me out & I feel like in disabled.... I also sent my closest friends an invite to a laundry party tonight hosted by yours truly. While I have a cleaning lady coming to clean, I really need help with the laundry. I hope it goes well. :)

Friends?

I can't help but feel hurt by my friends. Time and time again I heard them say , "if you need anything let us know" so yesterday I finally did. I invited the girls to a laundry party. I explained that I was embarrassed to ask but really needed help with the laundry. Out of 6 girl friends, not a single one was available..... We hang out on the weekends often. They are always available when it's fun time but now everyone is busy? I'm so hurt. I am also angry with them. It took so much out of me to ask for the help and then to be denied like that was so hurtful. So now I have 5 hampers of clothes thAt have been washed and dried. How will I get it folded &'put away? What did u women do? How do I not let this incident effect my friendships? I am so qngry at them right now. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Laundry

My cleaning lady is back from Mexico. She is going to come over & take care of the laundry and cleaning. Lesson learned. I have decided that moving forward, if I want to do help someone I will just show up and do it. I will no longer use the phrase , "let me know if you need anything". Because in truth, it is hard to ask for help and actions go a long way. After 3 days of bed rest, I'm feeling like myself again. I'm hoping to put away the Xmas decorations with the help of my family today and return to work tomorrow. Those are my goals. I'm very happy with my stomach I'll post a pix.

Peace of mind

First day back at work

Well today was my first day back at work. Luckily my boss was alright with me coming in an hour later than usual and leaving whenever I needed to. I told HIM that I had surgery and there were some minor complications. I didn't go onto any details. That was enough for him to say "you do whatever you need to". AWESOME! My goal for the day was not to do so much that I couldn't return the next day and to get the dishes done. Goal 1 achieved and the dishes will have to wait until tomorrow. Now I'm enjoying a nice bowl of soup and have my feet up. My girls will be home from practice in about 30 minutes and that's when the second shift will begin. All in all, I would say it was a good day. I see my ps tomorrow and am anxious for more good news. Happy healing!

Sushi swell hell

Saw the ps today who was very pleased with my progress. He gave me the green light to start brisk walking for exercise and said it as ok for me to push myself. He took more pix and asked if he could use me in his before & after book. I said of course as long as you exclude my face while wondering if he says that to all of his patients to make them feel good about their results ? Never the less, I am happy even if he does say that to all the girls. My hubby took me out for sushi to celebrate. Since it is my favorite, I couldn't resist. I used the low sodium soy but when you look at the amount of low sodium soy sauce I actually ingested; holy moly?! !!!!???!!!!!!! Now I feel like the blueberry girl from "Charlie & the chocolate factory". So my strategy is this: extra tight cg & lots of water to flush it out. Even with all the swelling I am so happy I did it. I no longer have that stupid flap hanging down and love handles like a champ. Even with the cg on, I feel more feminine than ever.

Jeans

Squeezed into my regular jeans yesterday & today. Both fit well with my new CUPID WAIST CINCER as a cg. Good news is that I no longer have belly hanging over the button like I used to. There is a very obvious difference in clothing. I'm trying to wear loose shirts as to not attract too much attention at work. They all think I was out with a burst appendix lol. I also want to note that since returning to work, I have been having crazy night sweats. By the end of the day I feel a little swollen, drink lots of water and then sweat it out. Does this happen to anyone else?

Baby shower

Helped throw a baby shower for my best friend today. Spent a lot of time on my feet. Feeling so swollen in the abdomen and public area. Really hoping I can sweat it out tonight. It's not very comfortable. Feels like I'm going to year my own skin. Should I be concerned?

I'm at 100%

About three days ago I came to the conclusion that I feel like I am functioning at 100% again. My scar is still healing. Im still wearing a cg 24/7 and extra padding on the flanks where there was aggressive lipo, but over all I feel great. At this point my only complaint would be the daily swelling of the mons pubis by the end if the day and the itching under the padding. Both of these are described as very normal. My doctor cleared me for as much cardio as I can handle including Zumba. I must admit I'm still a little scared to go back to the gym so I have intensified my activity at home & at work. I am also playing just dance on my Wii with my little girls but really Im only dancing at about 40%.

I must admit that in retrospect I cannot believe how easy the healing process has been. Less than a month ago I was on an operating table with my abdomen sliced and sewed back together. Today I feel like my old self again. That is a blessing and a miracle.

Updated pix

Totally worth it. Doc says I'm still swollen and I will get even smaller

Day 2 pix

Comparison
Dr. Lance Wyatt

I love him. He is knowledgeable, patient and kind. I could not have asked for a better Dr.

Your scar is really nice and low!! Your going to have a great result!
I've been sweating a lot at night lately too. I thought it was because I had too many covers on. I didn't associate it with the healing process.
I've been wanting sushi lately, but I'm concerned with the amount of sodium. You are looking great. How was your first day at work? Mine was a little rough. Very busy and lots of filing to get done still, but standing too long makes me sore and swollen.
The Sushi was AWESOME! It was totally worth the swelling lol. The strange thing is that I drank tons of water, placed a tight CG on & lots of thick clothing before bed. The next morning I woke up drenched with sweat. It was as if my body wanted to get rid of it all. I wore my normal jeans to work and they fit fine. So I guess the swelling was not that bad. Go for the sushi. As for work, so far so good. I work an office job so I get to sit a lot. I have to remind myself to get up and walk. :)
Bananas help flush it out too. Sushi sounds so good!
Awesome! Thanks for the tip!
Thank you about the bananas. I had orientall food lady night and went to bed swollen. Sweated it out, but plan on having a smoothie this morning with banana and pineapple.
I'm glad you are healing well. Sorry about your friends. I like the post of Rafiki. We need peace just to help with our healing. I had my family bring the laundry in and put it on the couch or love seat and they either folded it themselves or I could sit and help. They help dirty it, they can help fold it and put it away.
I'm so sorry about your friends!!! Maybe you should have bribed them with wine, lol. Sometimes we have to evaluate of our friends, who we feel will be there for us the most and just ask them point blank! People in general, I feel don't know what to do when others have a surgery. Plus, I think they feel that due to this being elective, we aren't in pain and we chose to go through this. Either way, the good news is this too shall pass. Thank goodness your cleaning lady is back and you will continue on the road of recovery! This process is an emotional one. I think I mention it in all my posts, lol. Oh, I love how low your incision is ;)
Thanks for your kind words. You are absolutely right and I wonder if I'm over sensitive just because of hormones. As far as my incision, I have to admit that I used to have a tattoo down low near my hoo ha. The other two drs I saw said they would need Hi girls.to cut it in half and I'd need to get it coveted later. When dr Wyatt saw me, he immediately said he would cut below the tattoo all together. That's just the way he performs his surgeries. I knew I found the right doc.
I know your upset but I think this is also something that had to happen so you know if you can depend on your friends... I know it takes a lot for us to ask for help... If I were you I would move forward and not dwell on them... Your laundry is clean that's the most important. If you really want it folded you should ask your hubby to help you or ask that he lay it on the couch so you can take care of it without standing and bending... Just think, your girlfriends are all going to be jealous when they see how Hott you are!! Take care of yourself and don't let them ruin your spirits!!!
Thanks for the comment. You are right they are going to be so jealous
Don't forget, when your swelling goes down and you have your first Girls night out wear something tight that looks good on your new waist and keep a smile on your face the whole night!!! Work it girl.... Make them wish for a TT...lol...
I always say blood is thicker than water and so no matter how close or good a friend you have it's still water. The only people that I can expect to be around at my time of need is family. Don't feel bad and don't be mad at them. It's just the way things are some times.
Problem is that I don't have any family around me. And, I'm frustrated that they offered to help but then didn't. At the end of the day, it's a lesson. I know it makes them feel good about themselves to offer, like they have done their part. Now I know not to do that. If I want to help someone, I will do it. I won't just offer and wait for their request. Life lesson
aw, yes, that is hard when family is not around. I guess I am lucky. I always have family around. It's a tough lesson to learn - I learned that too when I was younger like you. I think that most of the time, friends do care for you and they do mean well - except that it's going to be a rare relationship if friends become a priority in life over family (I am guessing your friends have families to take care of as well). Also FYI, I hired a nurse to stay with me for the first 3 days and 2 nights - I could have asked family and I know they would be there but I would not have been a confident or secure (I also did not tell them about the surgery until the after the fact :) So there are the pros and cons with family, they will be there but they always judge you and i didn't want to deal with their veiled comments and judgement about this elective surgery. thank god your help is back! and I agree with chicala - your friends will soon be secretly envying your hot new body!
It will all be ok...Right now your feelings are a little raw...the important thing is your laundry is clean if it doesn't get folded no biggie...I was lucky my husband was able to be home for 3 weeks to help me and my children came over to help periodically. If you have family at home have them fold and put away.. you need to still be resting. Hope you are feeling better
Get ur self Hanes Women's Seamless Firm Control Waist Cincher. Go hanes.com. . they are great hold everything in.. they dont roll down don't pinch..
I think you're fine, just rest and take a pain pill if you feel you need it.
Yeah! Happy new year and Grats on being able to pee again on your own ;)
YAY! Happy new year!
I just read about your bladder issues. How are you doing now? I pray for an uneventful recovery for you going forward.
Thanks for the prayers. I was taking Norco but I'm only on Tylenol now. The TT is not causing a third of the discomfort of the bladder. My ps was mostly concerned about the effects it could have on my scar. :/ he was not happy with the urologist
It must be really rough, I can imagine the frustration and anxiety this causes but have faith in your body, give it time, it will heal. You might think this is a bit hocus pocus but i do mental visualization when im feeling negative about something. picture yourself, in your minds eye, smiling, Happy with a beautifully healed body surrounded by this white light. Tell yourself your body knows what to do to heal itself. Try to do this as many times a day as you can for even 1 or 2 minutes.
I love the suggestion. I'm going to try it. Thanks