Septorhinoplasty

I have been self-conscious of my nose since the...

I have been self-conscious of my nose since the 7th grade. Most of the time I don't think about it. But when I see candid photos, I'm not happy with it. Sometimes I'm just fine with it, and other times, my niece or nephew will genuinely ask why my nose is so big! About 2 years ago I seriously considered getting rhinoplasty. I have looked at different surgeon's websites, and only one has stuck out for what I'm looking for. It seems most everyone does profiles awesome, but when it comes to the frontal view, they remain the same or worse. I am most concerned with my bulbous tip, and want more definition. The doctor that stood out based off of online before/after photos was Dr. Motykie. I have done the virtual consultation, and have saved funds for the procedure, but now I'm all nervous! I have read such 50/50 reviews and just don't want to do something I'll regret. If you have any other surgeons who you might suggest looking into, let me know!

Some extra photos

Surgery date set!

I was originally set on Dr. Motykie, but I found it difficult getting responses back from his office, however they were all kind there when I did reach them. Another reason I am going ahead with Dr. Grigoryants is because I just couldn't find any reviews from people with pictures of their results. Dr. Grigoryants office always promptly responds, however I do feel rushed over the phone. It is my first surgery of this type, and being out of town, I had a few questions and I felt the girl seemed annoyed. So I still feel a little clueless on what needs to be done prior, but at least a date is set and I can move forward!

1 week to surgery

I was supposed to have my surgery back in November, but it got mistakenly scheduled as a consultation. So thank goodness they had a cancellation and my new surgery date is Dec. 18th. Surgery is paid for, and I had my blood test done today, but I still don't feel like it's really going to happen. I haven't really prepared for anything. ????. I'm driving down from Utah early Tue morning. I guess I should stop procrastinating, book a hotel, and start studying the essentials!

Surgery done!

I arrived yesterday and the pre op went well. His assistant was really sweet and they made me feel comfortable. Dr. Grigoryants had a relaxed and confident vibe and we were on the same page on what results I was looking to achieve. Bring the nostrils in, defining the tip, reducing the bridge and shaving down the bump. He took some before photos and all was set.
I had been thinking about getting some lip filler, and he told me it was best to wait 2-3 months after surgery because of the swelling with my nose, but of course I'm impatient and I really wanted him to do it! As I'm out of town I won't be back for a little while. He offered to go ahead and do it right then! I believe he used Juvederm Ultra Plus xc. I wanted a more dramatic result, so I did one syringe for the top, and one for the bottom. It was sooo weird to see myself after! But I've gotten used to them and they do have a bit of swelling/bruising.
Surgery started at around 1pm. Everyone at the hospital was so sweet. It really makes a difference when your nurses and staff are friendly and helpful. I felt very comfortable and was out like a light. I woke up feeling great. No nausea or anything. I was told surgery was about an hour and a half. It's 7 pm now. And I'm just taking it easy. Pain level is about a 4. I'm loaded up with Bolthouse juices, saltines, and Popsicles!

Worried about the pain.

I read so many reviews where patients have felt little to no pain after surgery, leaning towards more discomfort than anything, and that is not the case here. I took 1 pain pill every 4 hours, I woke up every 15-30 minutes. My gauze soaked through every hour. At about 5am my eyes started to pour with tears, but I wasn't crying. My jaw/cheeks/throat/nose just kept getting worse. I couldn't get the pain under control so I took a pain pill at 5am, another at 6am, and then again at 7am. I finally brought it down to a good discomfort level. I'd say I'm at a 4 now. Finally slept for about an hour. I ended up doing the rhinoplasty/septoplasty/turbinate. So maybe that's why there's more pain? Even with the packing and blood I can tell I can breathe better so that's awesome! I always thought I just had allergies.

Trying to be positive

I guess I'm 4 days out now. I have definitely been a roller coaster of emotions. I didn't heal well. Lots of bruising and swelling. My uvula is extremely aggravated so it's been difficult eating and drinking. I look so terrible! I'm over analyzing my face and getting panicky. It looks very upturned. I hear it drops a bit as it heals, but I looked at others and haven't found any comparable. I know my doctor has had very good results, but I feel like I'm going to be the one that went wrong.
I get my cast off tomorrow and I'm trying to shift my outlook to a more positive view.

Photo

12 days post

Firstly, Thanks for all of your encouragement! My nose still has a lot of swelling, so I'm just being patient. My work hasn't said too much about it, but my family says I look completely different. I still feel like me, however it is a little strange. I am feeling sort of avatar looking from the front. But the side is much improved.
I still have bruises under my eyes, but I don't really mind it. Still healing, but feeling much better from my last post!
I hope you all had a happy Holiday! ????

Pictures

Patience

The front is still extremely swollen.. I'm hoping anyways. I don't think it can be all swelling though. But here's a couple photos. I feel like it changes with every angle.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon