Pros: Gifted Doctor. Friendly Staff. Con: That I Didn't Do This Earlier - Beverly Hills, CA

Primary Rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Ghavami on...

Primary Rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Ghavami on August 14, 2013 w/ minimal bruising and pain afterwards. He brought in my nose slightly as it was wide and brought in the nostrils a tad, as well. . .which I was concerned about before, but after I saw his work, I can't believe I ever doubted how natural and lovely it would look. I took all medication as prescribed and just 6 days later I'm virtually bruise and pain free. I wore make-up today (8/20/13) and went out for a follow-up visit to his lovely lovely office to have stitches removed. I look and feel great. Thank you so much!! I feel so lucky I found this place. . and to think I was almost fully committed to doing my surgery somewhere else. I am so happy I decided to do my surgery with such a gifted and warm doctor.

Nine Days Later. . .

Nine days Post Op and who's swollen. Not me, baby (Okay. . maybe just a little). The man is amazing and I wouldn't survive without all of Rose's advice!! xo

Still so happy!!

Hello friends!! It's been almost 7 months since my surgery and oh man. . .its looking better and better with each passing day. Let me reassure you. . .your nose will look swollen, strange, asymmetrical for the first few months. You have to ride it out. I know, I get you. I'm you. We're perfectionists. That's why we got the surgery in the first place. But, you'll have to learn to love the journey, my friends. . because oh man. . .the treasure that awaits is bountiful. Trust that you made the right decision. . .and let the rest of it go. Furthermore, you're in great hands. Dr. Ghavami is very helpful and is excited about his work and he wants you to look great so you don't have to worry that you're being left in the dark and alone. I am very happy, I made this decision. . .now. . what to work on next. . .hmmmm. . .xoxox

Photos!!

Seven Months Post Op

Need Additional Photos

If its still hard to figure out how it looks, please feel free to send me your email address and I will send you full before and after photos. xo

This RealSelf updating is confusing. .

Okay, the first photo- wearing earphones- is 7 months post up. The second photo -with braces- is pre-op.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I'm a busy woman with a full plate: a full time job, a home to take care of and a burgeoning comedy career. I always thought I had a pretty cute nose, somewhat wide with a bulbous tip, but with the right contouring make-up (thank you Youtube), I knew how to handle it. Presto chango with the make-up and ready to hit the stage. However, after seeing myself on the small screen (read: home camera) a few times and in various photos, I thought: You know what? I'm going to make a change. I started off small (getting fillers in the bridge of my nose by a different surgeon). It looked great but it inevitably disappeared and I decided I wanted something a bit more permanent. I've heard the horror stories so decided to only go to the best. When it comes to my face, I was willing to shell out the dough. This is your face you're talking about, folks. Take it seriously. I consulted with several different doctors and though they were all "the best in the business", there was something about Dr. Ashkan Ghavami. Not only is he one of the best in the business, he truly cares. I didn't feel like I was on the nose assembly line, with him aiming to give me a cookie-cutter nose. In fact, he has a special understanding of ethnic noses. That was extremely important to me since I am of mixed race heritage (Black/Korean). So it was imperative that had a nose that looked similar to mine yet more refined/cute, but still very me. Ghavami understands that. In fact, the first thing he asked me when I arrived in his office is "what nationality are you?". Thank YOU. Someone who gets it! I want to look like me. . .only better. I love love this doctor and his staff. So warm and friendly. Yes, do your research. It's imperative. Compare. Ask questions. I did. But, I am telling you, trust yourself. Do a gut check. You know when you've found the right place. You will come back to this office. You just will. But, do it fast, he is becoming a bit of a celebrity now, so you better go now before you never get an appointment! Ha! The stitches just came off today and my nose is still quite swollen. Full disclosure: I was preparing to be mortified/confused by my new face (because that's what I read happens the first time you see your new self). But, nope. I felt none of that. It instantly felt natural and so "me". I look forward to more healing over time. I hope this helped you make a a decision. Go make an appointment. Review the surgeries on his site. Watch all the videos. You'll love his natural and amazing work. Okay. . I'm going to go adore my nose a bit more. Now go get gorgeous. You deserve it! xoxo

we can barely tell what your nose looks like with the picture you put up
Can you please update us with your recent pictures?
Sorry, I'm just realizing today that I haven't posted new photos. Shoot me your email and I'll forward.
If you are comfortable please feel free to email me at cityapplecity@gmail.com- would love to get the chance to talk to you.
Can please post more pictures of before n after...please!! or send me a private message.....
I just scheduled my surgery with him for October 4th! So excited, and coming all the way from NYC too. Do you feel having the nurse come home with you was really helpful? I have a friend who has also had a rhinoplasty before who will take me to and from surgery so I assume she knows what she's doing but if there's something extra that tr nurse can do to help I would consider doing that too! Would love to see your before as well as some more after pics if you have them!
I'm so excited for you!! You look super gorgeous already. This will be the icing on the cake. I didn't use a nurse actually. Well, my boyfriend was my nurse. But, its a service that I've noticed they offer on their website for anyone coming from out of town. If you're friend is able to care for you, that's good. She should come with you when you go in for the surgery too, while you're signing paperwork because they will tell her some things directly. Having a friend is perfect (especially one that understands the surgery) so that should be good enough.
ah you look amazing and your story resonates with my situation a lot too as I am also busy and looking to have the exact same kind of work (problem with general width of nose and the bulbuous tip). Could you post more before/after pics as you go along reviewing your journey and also, what made you ultimately choose Ghavami? He is on my top 5 list of possible surgeons.
Thank you, Mimixoxo!! I will post more pics soon. Its been two weeks. My nose is still swollen at the tip and around the nostrils a bit. But, its really starting to take shape. I love it. Especially the profile! My skin is soooo dry today, though. Ughh. Dry skin, my nose is peeling a bit. I guess I haven't really been protecting my skin since the surgery. I was just about to go with a surgeon right across the street from his office before I settled on Ghavami. I loved this other guy's work. I loved his conservative approach. However, I did not see enough ethnic/black patients. I'm of Korean and Black heritage and our noses are just different. I just wanted to make sure I went with someone who was not only one of the top doctors in his field, but who has specifically worked with women with noses that look like mine. Ghavami was that for me. He works on so many different nationalities of women and they all look so natural afterwards. I wanted that. Then when I met him. . .well. . I was sold. He listens, he get's it. He's excited for you as much as you're excited for the procedure. Go in for an appointment. You'll love him.
I've seen a lot of his work and love it. Wish I could have my surgery done by him, but just too far away. I'm using his patients after photos as my wish photos when I go in for my pre op ;) You look stunning
Thank you so much!! Right back at you, stunner. Bum out that he's too far away from you. :-( You can always grab a plane ticket, though. I think a nurse will stay with you overnight for the first evening back at home and bring you to your follow up appointment the next day, too. . . Just mentioning. . .
I had my rhinoplasty with Dr. Ghavami on July 26 and (today is one month post-op) I'm also extremely, extremely happy with my results. I'm a bit more swollen than you, though, so I'm waiting another month or two before I take pictures and post a review. But, yes, Dr. Ghavami is the best, and it's awesome to see that others were lucky enough to find him. You look gorgeous! :)
Thank you!! I'm so glad you found him, as well. He really is the best. Can't wait to see your photos! I'll probably post photos again in 2 months, as well. I know so much will have changed.
Got any before pics?
I'll email you privately.

Isn't it fun to wear make up after getting an improved nose? I loved that! Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf. Were there any supplies that you found really helpful while you healed?

Right?! I feel like I don't even have to do as much anymore. I'm feeling so gorgeous right now. Let's see for healing I used Arnica Montana of course, Hydrogen Peroxide around my nose, Neosporin, Ayr spray to help with dryness after splint came off, vitamin c, zinc, vitamin B-complex, (no vitamin E or Ginseng!), ice packs on the face very early on, lots of water, soup and an understanding boyfriend. I also slept in a chair for 4 nights in a row and that really minimized my swelling. I know that seems a bit extreme, but I just thought. . well. . .I sleep on a plane sometimes.
ummmm pictures
You bet! I'll put some up in a couple of days. xo
Great review. Thank you. Would you mind posting some before and after pics so we can get an idea of his work?
Yep! I sure will. Its still a tad swollen and I've got tape on the end of it. Not sure how long I'm supposed to keep it on (for a couple more days). I'll snap a photo of it when the tape comes off. By the way last night was the first time I was out and about seeing friends for the first time. . .I was nervous because I wondered what they'd think. The loved it, said it looked natural. . or my favorite line. . I don't really notice a difference (which was EXACTLY what I was going for). The same, but different. You know what I mean! I'll post photos soon!!! xoxo
That's great! Just what you want to hear. Thanks :)
Yep!!