Post-op Gynecomastia Surgery. Crater Deformity Only when FLEXING - Beverly Hills, CA

Don't Want Fat Flap, Prefer Lipo at Base or...

Don't Want Fat Flap, Prefer Lipo at Base or Pectoral Implants. I had gynecomastia surgery back in November of 2011 (over 1.5 years ago). The doctor (out of Beverly hills), did a mediocre job sculpting the fat and tissue along the base of my chest. In fact he only removed tissue under the areola and decided to cut the procedure short and not gradually remove adjacent fat tissues around the bottom of my chest.

It all looks ok when I take my shirt off if I don't move and stand there like a statue, but if I use my upper body at all, or flex, walk the dog, lift something, place my elbows on my knees when sitting at the beach, etc., the base contour of my chest caves in dramatically on both sides and looks like I had surgery. It looks like 2 big scoops taken out of my chest only below the areola. My case was not a major case of gynecomastia at all, in fact at the time of surgery I had 8% body fat, plenty of muscle, an ok good size chest etc so there's no excuse for this. The doctor just did a quick job and didn't seem to care about the surrounding areas.

It seems pretty easy to fix because the tissue left over is basically not on top of the chest, but below the chest line. This does not seem like a fat flap job, but more of a liposuction job. I'm no expert, it just seems pretty simple to fix. As you can see in these photos, when I pull the tissue down and flatten them out, it looks fine and it no longer looks like I had some sort of surgery. I've been to a couple doctors out here in LA, and they suggested possibly laser fat removal or lipo. The other option is possibly all the above, plus adding in a small sized set of chest implants. The base of my chest is pretty weak which is why I would consider this along with the lipo or laser procedures.

Questions:
Can I get a procedure done to fix this issue with laser or liposuction or are you guys going to say "fat flaps"? And would adding in a small sized chest implant be a good idea to really finalize the issue I have with my lower chest or are pec implants problematic? It seems like some doctors promote them on this site and some say to stay away from them because they will move and displace. I personally am at the point where I would love to get both procedures (pec implants and fat removal/sculpting) done and never deal with my chest insecurities again. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks so much!

David-
Doctor C

The doctor (out of Beverly hills), did a mediocre job sculpting the fat and tissue along the base of my chest. In fact he only removed tissue under the areola and decided to cut the procedure short and not gradually remove adjacent fat tissues around the bottom of my chest. I was not happy with the result he gave me and my expectations were not out of this world. I don't expect to look perfect, have a chest like arnold, be a body builder etc. Those were NOT my expectations, all I wanted was to get rid of my perky, coned nipples and I wanted it to look like I didn't have a surgery done. He did remove the embarassing nipples, but now I can't reveal my body shirtless because it looks like I had something done to my chest. I live at the beach and the last thing I need is people to suspect I had plast surgery. Please help!! Thanks David-

HI, its look like you have loose skin left over your pectoral. Iam not a plastic surgeon but a fitness model.Fat graft is not an option, you can not flex Fat.after fat graft when you flex your chest remain smooth... you need to build MUSCLE..eat high protein and to chest exercise twice a week . Just build pectoral muscle or i dunt knw if skin exision/nipple replacement could be done.. All the Best.

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting your story.

I am sorry that this process has been this tough on you..Yikes.

Take a look at this Q&A topic on Chest Implants - Which is Best to Enhance Chest? See what some of our doctors have to say about this topic.